|Median resident age:||32.8 years|
|Ohio median age:||40.5 years|
Zip codes: 43755.
Lore City village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $63,657 (it was $42,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $913.
- White alone - 311 (95.7%)
- Hispanic - 8 (2.5%)
- Two or more races - 3 (0.9%)
- Black alone - 2 (0.6%)
- American Indian alone - 1 (0.3%)
Latest news from Lore City, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (29.3%), Irish (20.7%), German (13.0%), Slovak (5.6%), United States (4.8%), Czech (3.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 822 feet
Land area: 0.33 square miles.
Population density: 974 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lore City:
- High school or higher: 80.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.9%
- Unemployed: 10.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lore City village:
- Never married: 29.4%
- Now married: 47.7%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 8.4%
- Divorced: 12.8%
2 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Lore City, Ohio as of July 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Lore City to the number of sex offenders is 65 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $818 (1.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $524 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Canton, OH (57.0 miles , pop. 80,806).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Akron, OH (75.4 miles , pop. 217,074).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (334.5 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Senecaville, OH (1.8 miles ), Old Washington, OH (2.0 miles ), Byesville, OH (2.1 miles ), Elizabethtown, OH (2.1 miles ), Buffalo, OH (2.4 miles ), Salesville, OH (2.5 miles) , Pleasant City, OH (2.7 miles ), Cambridge, OH (2.7 miles ).
Latitude: 39.98 N, Longitude: 81.46 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 740
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (30%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (17%)
- Public administration (15%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (46%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (12%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Public administration (3%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (9%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
- Health technologists and technicians (17%)
- Waiters and waitresses (10%)
- Cashiers (10%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (8%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (8%)
- Accountants and auditors (5%)
- Secondary school teachers (5%)
Average climate in Lore City, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lore City-area historical tornado activity is below Ohio state average. It is 29% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/8/1969, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 25.8 miles away from the Lore City village center killed one person and injured 14 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/25/1968, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 10.8 miles away from the village center injured 5 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lore City-area historical earthquake activity is near Ohio state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 118.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 113.0 miles away from Lore City center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 181.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 158.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 139.7 miles away from Lore City center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 181.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Guernsey County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 6, Mudslides: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Lore City:
- HOSPICE OF GUERNSEY INC (Hospital, about 7 miles away; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
- INTERIM HEALTHCARE OF CAMBRIDGE (Home Health Center, about 7 miles away; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
- RED CARPET HEALTH CARE CTR INC (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
- GUERNSEY COUNTY DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
- SOUTHEASTERN OHIO REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 8 miles away; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
- CAMBRIDGE HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
- KINDRED NURSING AND REHABILITATION-CAMBRIDGE (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; CAMBRIDGE, OH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lore City:
- Muskingum University (about 15 miles; New Concord, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,073)
- Zane State College (about 31 miles; Zanesville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,200)
- West Liberty University (about 47 miles; West Liberty, WV; FT enrollment: 2,728)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (about 52 miles; Steubenville, OH; FT enrollment: 2,572)
- Central Ohio Technical College (about 53 miles; Newark, OH; FT enrollment: 2,995)
- Ohio State University-Newark Campus (about 53 miles; Newark, OH; FT enrollment: 2,028)
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg (about 54 miles; Parkersburg, WV; FT enrollment: 2,619)
Public high school in Lore City:
- Buckeye Trail High School (Students: 434; Location: 65555 Wintergreen Rd; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Lore City:
Notable location: Lore City Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Infirmary Run (A). Display/hide its location on the map
|This village:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Lore City compared to Ohio state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (92%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Electricity (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lore City village (based on Guernsey County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 32.46%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Churches of Christ||American Baptist Churches in the USA|
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||General Association of Regular Baptist Churches||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Guernsey County:||2.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Guernsey County:||1.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Guernsey County:||4.71 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||7||$204||$350||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$1,461||$17,532||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||9||$2,515||$3,353||0||$0|
Lore City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $81,000 ($249.23)
Parks & Recreation: $25,000 ($76.92)
Financial Administration: $4,000 ($12.31)
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $29,000 ($89.23)
General - Other: $20,000 ($61.54)
Fire Protection: $19,000 ($58.46)
Regular Highways: $16,000 ($49.23)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($3.08)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $31,000 ($95.38)
Fire Protection: $6,000 ($18.46)
Regular Highways: $3,000 ($9.23)
Parks & Recreation: $2,000 ($6.15)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $38,000 ($116.92)
Lore City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $17,000 ($52.31)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $19,000 ($58.46)
Highways: $8,000 ($24.62)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $5,000 ($15.38)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $110,000 ($338.46)
3.97% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,258 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Muskingum County, OH||0.68% ($26,535 average AGI)|
|from Noble County, OH||0.38% ($23,804)|
|from Franklin County, OH||0.28% ($29,214)|
4.21% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,429 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lore City:
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WILE (1270 AM; 1 kW; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WVLY (1370 AM; 5 kW; MOUNDSVILLE, WV; Owner: SCOTT RADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHBC (1480 AM; 15 kW; CANTON, OH; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WBRJ (910 AM; 5 kW; MARIETTA, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lore City:
- W201BD (88.1 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WBIK (92.1 FM; PLEASANT CITY, OH; Owner: DAVID L. WILSON)
- WOUC-FM (89.1 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WILE-FM (97.7 FM; BYESVILLE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCMJ (96.7 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBNV (93.5 FM; BARNESVILLE, OH; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- WWKC (104.9 FM; CALDWELL, OH; Owner: W. GRANT HAFLEY)
- WOVK (98.7 FM; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEGW (107.5 FM; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHIZ-FM (102.5 FM; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN OHIO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WTNS-FM (99.3 FM; COSHOCTON, OH; Owner: COSHOCTON BROADCASTING CO.)
- W233AL (94.5 FM; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: RIVERSIDE MINISTRIES)
TV broadcast stations around Lore City:
- WOUC-TV (Channel 44; CAMBRIDGE, OH; Owner: OHIO UNIVERSITY)
- WHIZ-TV (Channel 18; ZANESVILLE, OH; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN OHIO TELEVISION SYSTEM)
Total length: 1 meters (3ft)
Total average daily traffic: 1,620
Total average daily truck traffic: 48
Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic: 2,249
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 12
- Hazardous Condition: 4
Incident types - Lore City
|Most common first names in Lore City, OH among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lore City, OH among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|