Martin City, Montana
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.9 years|
|Montana median age:||39.9 years|
Zip codes: 59926.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,649 (it was $12,896 in 2000)
Martin City CDP income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $256,294 (it was $57,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $301,572; Detached houses: $339,801; Townhouses or other attached units: $306,993; In 2-unit structures: $139,672; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $297,710; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $235,168; Mobile homes: $78,288; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $312,263
Median gross rent in 2015: $753.
Races in Martin City, MT (2010)
- 47995.8%White alone
- 183.6%American Indian alone
- 30.6%Two or more races
|Glacier NP questions (17 replies)|
|Hungry Horse (5 replies)|
|Second Home in MT (37 replies)|
|Living in Glacier National Park this Summer-Qs (8 replies)|
|Photos or movies of Martin City (1 reply)|
|Montguy... how to transform MT's economy... (5 replies)|
Latest news from Martin City, MT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (37.2%), English (23.3%), Scotch-Irish (12.6%), Polish (4.2%).
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Elevation: 3218 feet
Land area: 0.48 square miles.
Population density: 1,052 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Martin City:
- High school or higher: 90.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 9.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Martin City CDP:
- Never married: 19.8%
- Now married: 29.9%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 24.0%
- Divorced: 26.2%
15 residents are foreign born (2.7% Europe, 1.8% Asia).
According to our research of Montana and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Martin City, Montana as of September 19, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Martin City to the number of sex offenders is 167 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Martin City CDP:||1.5% ($841)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Missoula, MT (105.7 miles , pop. 57,053).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (379.9 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (1014.4 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Hungry Horse, MT (1.2 miles ), Coram, MT (1.4 miles ), Columbia Falls, MT (2.7 miles ), Bad Rock-Columbia Heights, MT (2.8 miles ), West Glacier, MT (2.8 miles ), Helena Flats, MT (3.5 miles ), South Fork, MT (3.6 miles ), Whitefish, MT (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 48.39 N, Longitude: 114.04 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (34%)
- Accommodation and food services (30%)
- Wholesale trade (10%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Manufacturing (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Accommodation and food services (53%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (0%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (0%)
- Construction (0%)
- Manufacturing (0%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (34%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (30%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Material moving occupations (10%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (5%)
- Management occupations (0%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (45%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (27%)
- Management occupations (24%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (0%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (0%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (0%)
- Life, physical, and social science occupations (0%)
Average climate in Martin City, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Martin City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Montana state average. It is 60% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 309.6 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 298.6 miles away from Martin City center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 400.7 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 2/28/2001 at 18:54:32, a magnitude 6.8 (6.5 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.8 MW, Depth: 32.2 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 407.3 miles away from the city center, causing $2,000,000,000 total damage and $305,000,000 insured losses
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 218.3 miles away from Martin City center
On 4/29/1965 at 15:28:43, a magnitude 6.6 (6.6 UK) earthquake occurred 392.0 miles away from the city center, causing $28,000,000 total damage
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Flathead County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Fires: 5, Floods: 5, Storms: 4, Snows: 2, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Amtrak stations near Martin City:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Martin City:
- The University of Montana (about 106 miles; Missoula, MT; Full-time enrollment: 13,602)
- North Idaho College (about 138 miles; Coeur d'Alene, ID; FT enrollment: 4,684)
- Spokane Community College (about 162 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,482)
- Whitworth University (about 163 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 2,689)
- Gonzaga University (about 164 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,780)
- Spokane Falls Community College (about 167 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,052)
- Eastern Washington University (about 177 miles; Cheney, WA; FT enrollment: 11,643)
Notable locations in Martin City: Middle Fork Motel and RV Park (A), Martin City Rural Fire Department Station 16 Litz Hall (B), Canyon Quick Response Unit (C), Martin City Rural Fire Department Station 16 (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Martin City: Lion Hill Baptist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Abbot Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 82.1. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2005 was 0.323. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.6 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 24.2. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 8.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 15.9. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 4.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.53. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.4 miles away from the city center.
(6.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents)
|This place:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Martin City CDP (based on Flathead County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Flathead County:||1.73 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Flathead County:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||0.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Flathead County:||5.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Martin City, MT Residents
5.75% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,790 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved from foreign countries ($226 average AGI)
Flathead County: 0.05% Montana average: 0.05%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Missoula County, MT||0.39% ($29,309 average AGI)|
|from Lincoln County, MT||0.20% ($27,618)|
|from Gallatin County, MT||0.17% ($37,233)|
5.81% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,448 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($313 average AGI)
Flathead County: 0.06% Montana average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Martin City:
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KJJR (880 AM; 10 kW; WHITEFISH, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INCORPORATED)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGEZ (600 AM; 5 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: SKYLINE BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KSEN (1150 AM; 10 kW; SHELBY, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KXLY (920 AM; 20 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: SPOKANE RADIO, INC.)
- KQQQ (1150 AM; 25 kW; PULLMAN, WA; Owner: RADIO PALOUSE, INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KMJY (700 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, WA; Owner: JAMES E. AND HELEN G. STARGEL)
- KVNI (1080 AM; 10 kW; COEUR D' ALENE, ID; Owner: QUEENB RADIO, INC.)
- KLCY (930 AM; 5 kW; EAST MISSOULA, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Martin City:
- KKMT (95.9 FM; COLUMBIA FALLS, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBBZ (98.5 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDBR (106.3 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KALS (97.1 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KALISPELL CHRISTIAN RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KSIL (100.7 FM; WALLACE, ID; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KQRK (92.3 FM; RONAN, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPLG (91.5 FM; PLAINS, MT; Owner: YOUR NETWORK OF PRAISE, INC.)
- KZMN (103.9 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KUKL (89.9 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA)
- K204CJ (88.7 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: YOUR CHRISTIAN COMPANION NETWORK, INC.)
- K208DI (89.5 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K259AD (99.7 FM; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: BEE B/C INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Martin City:
- K05EE (Channel 5; BIG ARM, ETC., MT; Owner: BLACKTAIL TV TAX DISTRICT)
- K59BW (Channel 59; BONNERS FERRY, ID; Owner: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION (IEPBS))
- K26DD (Channel 26; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K10LH (Channel 10; WEST GLACIER, ETC., MT; Owner: DESERT MOUNTAIN TELEVISION)
- K12LU (Channel 12; WEST GLACIER, ETC., MT; Owner: DESERT MOUNTAIN TELEVISION)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KF7DZC, Licensee ID: L01508639, Grant Date: 07/27/2009, Expiration Date: 07/27/2019, Certifier: Elden A Evans Jr, Registrant: Elden A Evans Jr, 196 Spotted Bear Rd, Martin City, MT 59926
Drinking water stations with addresses in Martin City and their reported violations in the past:MARTIN CITY WATER AND SEWER DIST (Population served: 305, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In DEC-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-17-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (2 times from DEC-17-2009 to DEC-17-2009), St Public Notif received (JAN-26-2010), St Compliance achieved (AUG-26-2010)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-17-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (DEC-17-2009), St Compliance achieved (AUG-26-2010)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2004, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-04-2005), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-04-2005), St Compliance achieved (SEP-26-2007)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
- Hazardous Condition: 4
- Good Intent Call: 2
|Most common first names in Martin City, MT among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Martin City, MT among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (38%)
- Utility gas (29%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (25%)
- Electricity (7%)
Martin City compared to Montana state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.