We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||39.0 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54437.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,448 (it was $13,459 in 2000)
Mead town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $139,782 (it was $90,700 in 2000)
Races in Mead, WI (2010)
- 31196.9%White alone
- 72.2%American Indian alone
- 20.6%Two or more races
- 10.3%Black alone
Ancestries: German (55.2%), Norwegian (9.0%), Polish (8.6%), English (6.9%), Irish (6.9%), Swiss (5.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 35.1 square miles.
Population density: 9.1 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Mead:
- High school or higher: 75.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 1.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mead town:
- Never married: 17.4%
- Now married: 69.4%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 4.3%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Mead town:||2.4% ($2,167)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (37.3 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (117.2 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (255.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Hendren, WI (2.1 miles ), Warner, WI (2.5 miles ), Reseburg, WI (2.6 miles ), Greenwood, WI (2.6 miles ), Foster, WI (3.0 miles) , Longwood, WI (3.1 miles ), Seif, WI (3.2 miles ), Worden, WI (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $78,500
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $128,500
- 2005: 4 buildings, average cost: $118,300
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $97,500
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $101,000
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $193,300
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $35,500
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $70,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.80 N, Longitude: 90.73 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Food (20%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (18%)
- Construction (11%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (5%)
- Petroleum and petroleum products merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Wood products (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (14%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Social assistance (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (14%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (9%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Cashiers (10%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (10%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (7%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (5%)
- Child care workers (5%)
Mead-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 6% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.4 miles away from the Mead town center killed 4 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/4/1958, a category F4 tornado 28.9 miles away from the town center killed 3 people and injured 50 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Mead-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 265.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 248.6 miles away from Mead center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 277.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 222.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 429.6 miles away from Mead center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 306.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clark County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mead:
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 38 miles; Eau Claire, WI; Full-time enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 38 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 55 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 55 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 59 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (about 61 miles; Stevens Point, WI; FT enrollment: 9,089)
- Winona State University (about 69 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 8,397)
Notable location: Veterans Memorial County Park Camp (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoirs: Mead Lake 95 (A), 0.3 Reservoir (B), Mead Lake (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Black Creek (A), Rocky Run (B), Norwegian Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Mead: North Mead Lake County Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Mead compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (54%)
- Wood (28%)
- Electricity (13%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (4%)
- Utility gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Mead town (based on Clark County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clark County:||2.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clark County:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,517 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wood County, WI||0.69% ($34,212 average AGI)|
|from Marathon County, WI||0.57% ($34,786)|
|from Taylor County, WI||0.36% ($34,909)|
5.62% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,314 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Mead:
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WCCN (1370 AM; 5 kW; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WEAQ (1150 AM; 5 kW; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WLBL (930 AM; 5 kW; AUBURNDALE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WOGO (680 AM; 3 kW; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
Strongest FM radio stations in Mead:
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WCCN-FM (107.5 FM; NEILLSVILLE, WI; Owner: CENTRAL WISCONSIN B/CG INC.)
- WWIB (103.7 FM; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- WOSQ (92.3 FM; SPENCER, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Mead:
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 16m52ftTotal length
- $251,000Total costs
- 690Total average daily traffic
- 20Total average daily truck traffic
- 760Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic