Pembroke, North Carolina
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||28.7 years|
|North Carolina median age:||38.7 years|
Zip codes: 28372.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $14,157 (it was $10,202 in 2000)
Pembroke town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $105,134 (it was $64,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $113,592; Detached houses: $122,882; Mobile homes: $51,229
Median gross rent in 2016: $509.
Races in Pembroke, NC (2016)
- 1,95365.6%American Indian alone
- 46215.5%White alone
- 42114.1%Black alone
- 511.7%Other race alone
- 421.4%Two or more races
- 140.5%Asian alone
|Greenville Area Developments (10424 replies)|
|Crime in Pembroke, NC vs. Hope Mills, NC? (3 replies)|
|CSX picks Edgecombe County for intermodal terminal (91 replies)|
|NC Promise Tuition Plan (19 replies)|
|Really, how bad is the Fayetteville, NC area? (184 replies)|
|$500 Tuition at Western Carolina (32 replies)|
Latest news from Pembroke, NC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (17.6%), Irish (1.6%), African (1.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1895
Elevation: 172 feet
Land area: 2.34 square miles.
Population density: 1,285 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Pembroke:
- High school or higher: 76.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.9%
- Unemployed: 14.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pembroke town:
- Never married: 53.0%
- Now married: 20.9%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 15.0%
72 residents are foreign born (1.8% Asia, 1.0% Africa, 0.7% Latin America, 0.3% Europe).
According to our research of North Carolina and other state lists, there were 30 registered sex offenders living in Pembroke, North Carolina as of July 18, 2019.
The ratio of all residents to sex offenders in Pembroke is 99 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,280 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $634 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fayetteville, NC (30.9 miles , pop. 121,015).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Raleigh, NC (84.6 miles , pop. 276,093).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (429.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Prospect, NC (1.9 miles ), Elrod, NC (2.3 miles ), Raynham, NC (2.7 miles) , Wakulla, NC (2.9 miles) , McDonald, NC (3.0 miles) , Red Springs, NC (3.0 miles ), Raemon, NC (3.1 miles ), Maxton, NC (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 34.68 N, Longitude: 79.20 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +3,065 (+102.9%)
Workers who live and work in this town: 231 (27.7%)
Area code: 910
Property values in Pembroke, NC
|Crime rates in Pembroke by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.2)||493.3||1019.7||889.7||939.1||1013.8||685.1||793.3||526.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Pembroke detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.65|
|North Carolina average:||2.31|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Construction (11%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (29%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Manufacturing (4%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (18%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Healthcare support occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Pembroke, North Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pembroke-area historical tornado activity is slightly above North Carolina state average. It is 13% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/8/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 0.3 miles away from the Pembroke town center injured 21 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 3/28/1984, a category F4 tornado 13.3 miles away from the town center killed 7 people and injured 100 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Pembroke-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below North Carolina state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 134.8 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 196.3 miles away from Pembroke center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 124.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 163.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/13/1998 at 09:56:11, a magnitude 3.9 (3.5 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 72.5 miles away from Pembroke center
On 9/25/2006 at 05:44:25, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 MB, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 38.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Robeson County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 8, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Tatanka (wrestler) - Professional wrestler, Lee McRae - Sprinter, Nate Andrews - Baseball player, Mike McRae - Long jumper.
Hospitals and medical centers in Pembroke:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Pembroke:
- ROBESON COUNTY HOME HEALTH AGE (Home Health Center, about 5 miles away; LUMBERTON, NC)
- RED SPRINGS DIALYSIS CENTER (Dialysis Facility, about 10 miles away; RED SPRINGS, NC)
- EASTBROOK HOME (Hospital, about 10 miles away; RED SPRINGS, NC)
- LIBERTY HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; MAXTON, NC)
- GLENFLORA (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; LUMBERTON, NC)
- SOUTHEASTERN GEN HOSP INC (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; LUMBERTON, NC)
- HEALTHKEEPERZ (Home Health Center, about 12 miles away; LUMBERTON, NC)
College/University in Pembroke:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Pembroke:
- Robeson Community College (about 12 miles; Lumberton, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,322)
- Fayetteville Technical Community College (about 31 miles; Fayetteville, NC; FT enrollment: 10,114)
- Fayetteville State University (about 32 miles; Fayetteville, NC; FT enrollment: 5,297)
- Richmond Community College (about 34 miles; Hamlet, NC; FT enrollment: 2,106)
- Methodist University (about 37 miles; Fayetteville, NC; FT enrollment: 2,313)
- Sandhills Community College (about 40 miles; Pinehurst, NC; FT enrollment: 3,434)
- Francis Marion University (about 43 miles; Florence, SC; FT enrollment: 3,624)
Public high school in Pembroke:
- PURNELL SWETT HIGH (Location: 11344 DEEP BRANCH ROAD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Pembroke:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Add to the List of areas Colleges: Robeson Community College, Lumberton 14 miles from Pembroke
Notable locations in Pembroke: Pembroke Wastewater Treatment Plant (A), Pembroke Town Hall (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Pembroke: Berea Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Baker's Charters & Tour Service (Tours & Charters; US74 Highway).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 55.7. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.114. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 11.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 28.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 7.76. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 12.0 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2001 was 0.00334. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.8 miles away from the city center.
(63.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 64.2% for Black residents, 45.4% for American Indian residents, 95.7% for other race residents, 61.1% for two or more races residents)
|This town:||2.5 people|
|North Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Pembroke in 2010:
- 76 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 19 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 15 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 7 people in residential treatment centers for adults
Banks with branches in Pembroke (2011 data):
- First Bank: Pembroke Branch at 210 West 3rd Street, branch established on 1939/03/01. Info updated 2011/01/25: Bank assets: $3,289.4 mil, Deposits: $2,759.1 mil, headquarters in Troy, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 98 total offices, Holding Company: First Bancorp
- Lumbee Guaranty Bank: at 403 East Third Street, branch established on 1971/12/22. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $304.2 mil, Deposits: $260.6 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices
- New Century Bank: Pembroke Branch 64 at 410 E. 3rd. St., branch established on 1988/06/30. Info updated 2008/04/22: Bank assets: $588.7 mil, Deposits: $502.4 mil, headquarters in Dunn, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: New Century Bancorp, Inc.
- Woodforest National Bank: Pembroke Walmart at 930 Highway 711 E. Pembroke, branch established on 2005/10/26. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
|North Carolina average:||12.0|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Pembroke town (based on Robeson County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Robeson County:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||2.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Robeson County:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Carolina:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Robeson County:||5.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.57 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Pembroke, NC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||7||$26,312||$45,106||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||19||$51,647||$32,619||0||$0|
|Police - Other||6||$11,494||$22,988||4||$2,562|
|Streets and Highways||12||$30,526||$30,526||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||52||$143,462||$33,107||18||$12,655|
Pembroke government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $854,000 ($283.63)
Police Protection: $749,000 ($248.75)
Water Utilities: $366,000 ($121.55)
Solid Waste Management: $253,000 ($84.03)
Liquor Stores: $237,000 ($78.71)
Central Staff Services: $200,000 ($66.42)
Regular Highways: $171,000 ($56.79)
Fire Protection: $73,000 ($24.24)
General - Other: $34,000 ($11.29)
General Public Buildings: $32,000 ($10.63)
Parks & Recreation: $21,000 ($6.97)
Judicial and Legal Services: $14,000 ($4.65)
Libraries: $14,000 ($4.65)
Health Services - Other: $2,000 ($0.66)
- General - Interest on Debt: $92,000 ($30.55)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Health: $2,000 ($0.66)
- Intergovernmental to State - General: $2,000 ($0.66)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $116,000 ($38.53)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $989,000 ($328.46)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $27,000 ($8.97)
Pembroke government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $975,000 ($323.81)
Solid Waste Management: $250,000 ($83.03)
All Other: $41,000 ($13.62)
Parking Facilities: $6,000 ($1.99)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $51,000 ($16.94)
General Support: $6,000 ($1.99)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $306,000 ($101.63)
All Other: $30,000 ($9.96)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $35,000 ($11.62)
Interest Earnings: $1,000 ($0.33)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $418,000 ($138.82)
Liquor Stores: $252,000 ($83.69)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $110,000 ($36.53)
All Other: $102,000 ($33.88)
Highways: $88,000 ($29.23)
Housing & Community Development: $2,000 ($0.66)
- Tax - Property: $545,000 ($181.00)
NEC: $6,000 ($1.99)
Pembroke government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $444,000 ($147.46)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,765,000 ($586.18)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $1,732,000 ($575.22)
Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $161,000 ($53.47)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $261,000 ($86.68)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $33,000 ($10.96)
Water Utilities: $22,000 ($7.31)
Pembroke government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $182,000 ($60.45)
4.37% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,489 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||7.13%|
0.07% of residents moved from foreign countries ($465 average AGI)
Robeson County: 0.07% North Carolina average: 0.10%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Cumberland County, NC||0.76% ($27,917 average AGI)|
|from Hoke County, NC||0.35% ($29,601)|
|from Scotland County, NC||0.26% ($24,010)|
4.40% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,384 average adjusted gross income)
|North Carolina average:||6.77%|
0.03% of residents moved to foreign countries ($179 average AGI)
Robeson County: 0.03% North Carolina average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Pembroke:
- WYRU (1160 AM; 5 kW; RED SPRINGS, NC; Owner: WDAS LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKKE (1080 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ST. PAULS, NC; Owner: FERRIS YARNELL LOCKLEAR)
- WFNC (640 AM; 10 kW; FAYETTEVILLE, NC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WEWO (1460 AM; 5 kW; LAURINBURG, NC; Owner: SERVICE MEDIA, INC.)
- WBSC (1550 AM; 10 kW; BENNETTSVILLE, SC; Owner: D-MITCH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFMO (860 AM; 1 kW; FAIRMONT, NC; Owner: PRO-MEDIA, INC.)
- WEEB (990 AM; 10 kW; SOUTHERN PINES, NC; Owner: PINEHURST BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WTSB (580 AM; 1 kW; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: LUMBERTON CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC.)
- WAGR (1340 AM; 1 kW; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: WAGR BROADCASTING, INC)
- WJMX (970 AM; 10 kW; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: QANTUM OF FLORENCE LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WLWL (770 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ROCKINGHAM, NC; Owner: SANDHILLS BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pembroke:
- WFLB (96.5 FM; LAURINBURG, NC; Owner: WFLB LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKML (95.7 FM; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: WKML LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WUKS (107.7 FM; ST. PAULS, NC; Owner: WDAS LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEGX (92.9 FM; DILLON, SC; Owner: QANTUM OF FLORENCE LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WZFX (99.1 FM; WHITEVILLE, NC; Owner: WDAS LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQSM (98.1 FM; FAYETTEVILLE, NC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFNC-FM (102.3 FM; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WKQB (106.9 FM; SOUTHERN PINES, NC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP)
- W275AH (102.9 FM; MAXTON, NC; Owner: AUGUSTA RADIO FELLOWSHIP INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WCMG (94.3 FM; LATTA, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Pembroke:
- WLPS-LP (Channel 7; LUMBERTON/PEMBROKE, NC; Owner: BILLY RAY LOCKLEAR)
- WUNU (Channel 31; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- W67DU (Channel 67; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPDE-TV (Channel 15; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: GRAND STRAND COMMUNICATIONS)
- WWMB (Channel 21; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: ATLANTIC MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WBTW (Channel 13; FLORENCE, SC; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WPEM-LP (Channel 47; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: GERALD LOCKLEAR)
- WFPX (Channel 62; FAYETTEVILLE, NC; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- W19CA (Channel 19; LUMBERTON, NC; Owner: PACIFIC MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WSFX-TV (Channel 26; WILMINGTON, NC; Owner: SOUTHEASTERN MEDIA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WECT (Channel 6; WILMINGTON, NC; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- W66DF (Channel 66; FAYETTEVILLE, NC; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 5m16ftTotal length
- 1,700Total average daily traffic
- 102Total average daily truck traffic
- 3,400Total future (year 2025) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Pembroke)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- 205 E Main St (Lat: 34.682389 Lon: -79.202250), Call Sign: KBG689, Licensee ID: L00585567
Assigned Frequencies: 157.560 MHzGrant Date: 12/07/2002, Expiration Date: 01/08/2013, Cancellation Date: 03/16/2013Registrant: Pates Supply Co Inc, Pembroke, NC 28372, Phone: (919) 521-4244
- Rr Milepost 242 & Sr 1339 (Lat: 34.666556 Lon: -79.249472), Type: Building, Structure height: 10.7 m, Overall height: 11 m, Call Sign: KFJ980
Assigned Frequencies: 160.590 MHz, 161.100 MHzGrant Date: 11/11/2011, Expiration Date: 01/05/2022Registrant: Csx Transportation, 6735 Southpoint Dr S, 4th Flr J958, Jacksonville, FL 32216, Phone: (904) 332-5925, Fax: (904) 332-6048, Email:
- Maintenance Bldg On Campus (Lat: 34.686833 Lon: -79.198639), Call Sign: WYV840
Assigned Frequencies: 158.775 MHzGrant Date: 12/19/2000, Expiration Date: 12/05/2005, Cancellation Date: 06/12/2002Registrant: Pembroke State University, 1 University Dr Physical Plant, Pembroke, NC 28372, Phone: (910) 521-6233
- ST ANNA RD XING, Rr At St Anna Rd (Lat: 34.703167 Lon: -79.170250), Type: Building, Structure height: 2.4 m, Overall height: 4.3 m, Call Sign: WQVK544
Assigned Frequencies: 160.785 MHzGrant Date: 03/11/2015, Expiration Date: 03/11/2025, Certifier: Shantrice Cruse-ScottRegistrant: Csx Transportation Inc, 6735 Southpoint Dr S, 4th Flor J958, Jacksonville, FL 32216, Phone: (904) 332-5925, Fax: (904) 332-6013, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- PEMBROKE, Deep Branch Rd (Lat: 34.650167 Lon: -79.201139), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 48.8 m, Overall height: 54.9 m, Call Sign: WPOT354
Assigned Frequencies: 6004.50 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6004.50 MHzGrant Date: 03/17/2009, Expiration Date: 04/30/2019, Certifier: Steven T CampbellRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: KF4RRZ, Licensee ID: L00162722, Grant Date: 03/26/1998, Expiration Date: 05/15/2007, Cancellation Date: 11/27/1999, Registrant: Varsie Hunt Jr, Pembroke, NC 28372
- Call Sign: N9NPH, Previous Call Sign: N4NDW, Licensee ID: L00386267, Grant Date: 11/17/2001, Expiration Date: 12/17/2011, Cancellation Date: 11/17/2005, Certifier: Robert C Doepp, Registrant: Robert C Doepp, 962 University Rd., Pembroke, NC 28372
- Call Sign: K4RRZ, Previous Call Sign: KF4RRZ, Licensee ID: L00162722, Grant Date: 11/03/2009, Expiration Date: 11/27/2019, Certifier: Varsie Hunt Jr, Registrant: Varsie Hunt Jr, 73 Sparkle Rd, Pembroke, NC 28372
- Call Sign: KG4LHM, Licensee ID: L00316438, Grant Date: 01/22/2001, Expiration Date: 01/22/2011, Cancellation Date: 01/23/2013, Certifier: Vanessa K Hunt, Registrant: Vanessa K Hunt, 73 Sparkle Rd, Pembroke, NC 28372
- Call Sign: KK4VEL, Licensee ID: L01824525, Grant Date: 11/15/2013, Expiration Date: 11/15/2023, Certifier: Rodney B Hunt, Registrant: Rodney B Hunt, 905 Locklear Rd, Pembroke, NC 28372
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: PERKINS ALLEN R VIKING DRAGONFLY (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: VOLKSWAGEN CONVERSION (36 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 192AP , Serial Number: 192, Year manufactured: 1985, Airworthiness Date: 06/22/1988
Registrant (Individual): Rick Barton, Po Box 2067, Pembroke, NC 28372
- Aircraft: BYRD MELVIN GENE CHALLENGER II (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503 (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 3117G , Serial Number: CH2-1005-CW-2679, Year manufactured: 2007, Airworthiness Date: 06/02/2007
Registrant (Individual): Rick L Dial, 1823 Philadelphus Rd, Pembroke, NC 28372
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 24
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (76%)
- Utility gas (18%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Pembroke, NC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||RadioShack||1|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Holiday Inn||1||True Value||1|
Pembroke compared to North Carolina state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
Pembroke on our top lists:
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for abused, dependent, and neglected children (population 1,000+)"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to foreign countries in 2011"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of births per 1000 residents 2007-2013"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011 (pop. 50,000+)"