We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||36.6 years|
|Missouri median age:||38.4 years|
Zip codes: 63664.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,611 (it was $12,417 in 2000)
Potosi city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $90,773 (it was $57,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $499.
Races in Potosi, MO (2015)
- 2,52394.1%White alone
- 923.4%Black alone
- 230.9%American Indian alone
- 110.4%Two or more races
- 70.3%Asian alone
|Potosi, Thayer, elsewhere? (3 replies)|
|Missouri Outlaw History (829 replies)|
|Interesting Missouri facts. (1068 replies)|
|Demographics of La Plata, Kirksville, Potosi, Farmington, Theodosia & Bonne Terre? (0 replies)|
|Is St. Louis a Southern city? (742 replies)|
|Rate these cities in missouri from MOST southern feeling to least southern feeling (116 replies)|
Latest news from Potosi, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (26.8%), English (18.8%), French (16.6%), German (6.8%), Irish (6.5%), Scotch-Irish (1.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1826
Elevation: 880 feet
Land area: 2.18 square miles.
Population density: 1,222 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Potosi:
- High school or higher: 67.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.5%
- Unemployed: 7.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Potosi city:
- Never married: 27.8%
- Now married: 42.6%
- Separated: 3.1%
- Widowed: 11.0%
- Divorced: 15.5%
12 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 30 registered sex offenders living in Potosi, Missouri as of September 20, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Potosi to the number of sex offenders is 89 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $658 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $454 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: St. Louis, MO (56.0 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (316.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Mineral Point, MO (1.8 miles ), Irondale, MO (3.0 miles ), Terre du Lac, MO (3.1 miles ), Frankclay, MO (3.2 miles ), Wortham, MO (3.4 miles ), Leadwood, MO (3.4 miles ), Caledonia, MO (3.5 miles) , Bonne Terre, MO (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $112,800
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $127,200
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $100,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.94 N, Longitude: 90.78 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,264 (+84.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 482 (54.0%)
Area code: 573
|Crime rates in Potosi by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 282.5)||611.6||287.4||246.0||222.6||186.5||263.1||271.7||279.8||407.5||389.9||370.2||342.3||432.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Potosi detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.37|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -249 (-8.6%).
- Retail trade (22%)
- Manufacturing (19%)
- Construction (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (40%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (14%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (5%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
- Healthcare support occupations (18%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (15%)
- Personal care and service occupations (14%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (9%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Community and social service occupations (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
Average climate in Potosi, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Potosi-area historical tornado activity is near Missouri state average. It is 55% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/21/1967, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 1.9 miles away from the Potosi city center killed 3 people and injured 52 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/22/1969, a category F4 tornado 5.1 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 22 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Potosi-area historical earthquake activity is near Missouri state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 161.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 86.7 miles away from Potosi center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 108.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 168.5 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 161.1 miles away from Potosi center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 163.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washington County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 14, Floods: 12, Tornadoes: 11, Winter Storms: 4, Winds: 3, Drought: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: John A. Lankford - Architect, Don Choate - Baseball player, Donne Wall - Baseball player, Paul Fitzwater - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Potosi:
airports located in Potosi:
- Washington County Airport (8WC) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 60, Itinerant Ops: 660, Local Ops: 620, Military Ops: 40)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Potosi:
- Mineral Area College (about 18 miles; Park Hills, MO; Full-time enrollment: 2,837)
- Jefferson College (about 26 miles; Hillsboro, MO; FT enrollment: 3,975)
- East Central College (about 36 miles; Union, MO; FT enrollment: 2,810)
- Webster University (about 51 miles; Saint Louis, MO; FT enrollment: 12,406)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (about 52 miles; Saint Louis, MO; FT enrollment: 3,651)
- Missouri Baptist University (about 52 miles; Saint Louis, MO; FT enrollment: 2,898)
- Missouri University of Science and Technology (about 55 miles; Rolla, MO; FT enrollment: 6,486)
Public high schools in Potosi:
Public elementary/middle schools in Potosi:
Notable locations in Potosi: Potoss Ranger Station (A), Potosi Fire Protection District House 1 (B), Mark Twain National Forest Potosi Frederickstown Ranger District Main Office (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Parkway Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Trinity Cemetery (1), Potosi Colored Cemetery (2), Saint James Catholic Cemetery (3), Chadbourne Cemetery (4), Perry-McGready Cemetery (5), Potosi Presbyterian Cemetery (6), Potosi Old Masonic Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Wash County Clerk (Recreation Areas; 102 North Missouri Street).
Hotel: Austin Inn (403 N Missouri St).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 70.4. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2010 was 2.53. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 19.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 34.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 19.7 miles away from the city center.
(29.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 82.3% for Black residents, 60.0% for American Indian residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
27 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Potosi in 2000:
- 87 people in nursing homes
- 34 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 7 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Potosi (2011 data):
- Belgrade State Bank: Potosi Branch at 306 North Missouri Street, branch established on 1986/10/06; 801 East High at 801 East High, branch established on 2004/11/19. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $194.8 mil, Deposits: $171.8 mil, headquarters in Belgrade, MO, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Turner Bancshares, Inc.
- Ozarks Federal Savings and Loan Association: 1 Walton Drive Branch at 1 Walton Drive, branch established on 1930/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $230.5 mil, Deposits: $199.0 mil, headquarters in Farmington, MO, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 5 total offices
- First State Community Bank: Potosi Branch at 100 Hwy P, Suite A, branch established on 2001/08/13. Info updated 2011/01/03: Bank assets: $1,303.2 mil, Deposits: $1,092.4 mil, headquarters in Farmington, MO, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 34 total offices, Holding Company: First State Bancshares, Inc.
- U.S. Bank National Association: Potosi Branch at 707 East High Street, branch established on 1973/09/17. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Potosi city (based on Washington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washington County:||1.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||0.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||4.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Potosi, MO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$3,817||$7,634||1||$100|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$3,795||$15,180||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||10||$8,946||$10,735||3||$775|
|Police - Other||1||$1,683||$20,196||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||3||$6,302||$25,208||1||$1,329|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$1,949||$23,388||1||$1,329|
|Totals for Government||39||$58,258||$17,926||6||$3,533|
5.66% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($23,757 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from St. Francois County, MO||1.77% ($19,392 average AGI)|
|from Jefferson County, MO||1.14% ($28,488)|
|from St. Louis County, MO||0.38% ($37,214)|
6.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,571 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Potosi:
- KYRO (1280 AM; 1 kW; POTOSI, MO; Owner: SAVOY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- KFMO (1240 AM; 1 kW; FLAT RIVER, MO; Owner: M. K. S. BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KREI (800 AM; 1 kW; FARMINGTON, MO; Owner: KREI, INC.)
- KTRS (550 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KTRS-AM LICENSE, L.L.C.)
- KRFT (1190 AM; 10 kW; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: ALL SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
- KJSL (630 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
- KFUO (850 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: LUTHERAN CHURCH-MISSOURI SYNOD)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KSLG (1380 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: NEW HORIZON 7TH-DAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH, INC.)
- KSIV (1320 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: BOTT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Potosi:
- KNLP (89.7 FM; POTOSI, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KHZR (97.7 FM; POTOSI, MO; Owner: FOUR HIM ENTERPRISES, L.L.C.)
- KNSX (93.3 FM; STEELVILLE, MO; Owner: TWENTY-ONE SOUND COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KPNT (105.7 FM; ST. GENEVIEVE, MO; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KTJJ (98.5 FM; FARMINGTON, MO; Owner: KREI, INC.)
- KDBB (104.3 FM; BONNE TERRE, MO; Owner: MKS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBGM (91.1 FM; PARK HILLS, MO; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KDJR (100.1 FM; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: KDJR RADIO, INC.)
- KYLS-FM (95.9 FM; IRONTON, MO; Owner: DOCKINS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNLH (89.5 FM; CEDAR HILL, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- WIL-FM (92.3 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KDHX (88.1 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: DOUBLE HELIX CORPORATION)
- KTBJ (89.3 FM; FESTUS, MO; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
TV broadcast stations around Potosi:
- KNLC (Channel 24; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KETC (Channel 9; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: ST. LOUIS REGIONAL & EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV COMMISSION)
- WRBU (Channel 46; EAST ST. LOUIS, IL; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K63FW (Channel 63; JAMESTOWN, MO; Owner: ROGER E. HARDERS)
- KMOV (Channel 4; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KMOV-TV, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 10Number of bridges
- 24m79ftTotal length
- $641,000Total costs
- 8,971Total average daily traffic
- 1,558Total average daily truck traffic
- 15,565Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Potosi)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:61 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Potosi, MO)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:5
- FLOYD, MO, 500' South Of Washington County Road 205 (Lat: 37.964722 Lon: -90.977500), Type: Nntann, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 60.6 m, Call Sign: WPVX242, Licensee ID: L00471460
Assigned Frequencies: 942.975 MHz, 943.375 MHzGrant Date: 07/03/2012, Expiration Date: 08/28/2022, Certifier: James T PorterRegistrant: Washington County Central Dispatch 911
- 911 CENTER, MO, One Mile North Of Potosi, Mo On East Side Of Hwy 21 (Lat: 37.958944 Lon: -90.764028), Type: Nntann, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 60.6 m, Call Sign: WPVX246, Licensee ID: L00471460
Assigned Frequencies: 933.175 MHz, 933.575 MHz, 933.975 MHzGrant Date: 07/03/2012, Expiration Date: 08/28/2022, Certifier: James T PorterRegistrant: Washington County Central Dispatch 911
- WASMO7, 1400 N Missouri Avenue (Lat: 37.944778 Lon: -90.770694), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 61 m, Call Sign: WQPE308
Assigned Frequencies: 10855.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10935.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 11015.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10935.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 11015.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz... (+9 more)Grant Date: 04/19/2012, Expiration Date: 04/19/2022, Certifier: John JenningsRegistrant: Big River Broadband, LLC, 24 S Minnesota Ave, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703, Phone: (573) 651-3373, Fax: (573) 651-3608, Email:
- MO07578A, 13528 State Hwy Aa (Lat: 37.943139 Lon: -90.932528), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 78.2 m, Call Sign: WQPR354, Licensee ID: L00127664
Assigned Frequencies: 11245.0 MHz, 11365.0 MHz, 11245.0 MHz, 11365.0 MHz, 11245.0 MHz, 11365.0 MHz, 11245.0 MHz, 11365.0 MHz, 11245.0 MHz, 11365.0 MHz, 11245.0 MHz, 11365.0 MHzGrant Date: 07/25/2012, Expiration Date: 07/25/2022, Certifier: Dan MenserRegistrant: T-Mobile License LLC, 12920 Se 38th Street, Bellevue, WA 98006, Phone: (425) 383-8401, Fax: (425) 383-4040, Email:
- WASMO2, 16601 South State Highway 21 (Lat: 37.841167 Lon: -90.763333), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 73.2 m, Call Sign: WQTP509
Assigned Frequencies: 11385.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11385.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11385.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHzGrant Date: 03/19/2014, Expiration Date: 03/19/2024, Certifier: John JenningsRegistrant: Big River Broadband, LLC, 24 S Minnesota Ave, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703, Phone: (573) 651-3373, Fax: (573) 651-3608, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- Little Pilot Knob Mtn. 4.8 Mi.N. Of Hwy. Aa, 7.2 Mi. W. Of H (Lat: 37.981139 Lon: -90.977611), Call Sign: KKB493
Assigned Frequencies: 454.625 MHzExpiration Date: 04/01/1999, Cancellation Date: 06/05/1999Registrant: Tone Communications Service, Inc., 11563 Argonne Road, Festus, MO 63028, Phone: (314) 789-3514
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1
- Washington County Airport (Lat: 37.933389 Lon: -90.733472), Type: Building, Overall height: 5 m, Call Sign: KRJ4
Assigned Frequencies: 123.000 MHzGrant Date: 04/25/2007, Expiration Date: 05/29/2017Registrant: Washington County Commission, 102 North Missouri Street, Potosi, MO 63664, Phone: (573) 438-4346, Fax: (573) 438-4038, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:46 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Potosi)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: TAYLORCRAFT DC-65 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 82 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 53774 , Serial Number: 5564, Year manufactured: 1943
Registrant (Individual): Clifford Lewis, Bx 75, Potosi, MO 63664
Drinking water stations with addresses in Potosi and their reported violations in the past:USFS COUNCIL BLUFF BEACH (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past health violations:USFS SILVER MINES CAMP (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-23-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-23-2008), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past health violations:POTOSI R III SCHOOLS BALLFIELD COMPLEX (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In APR-2009, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (APR-08-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (APR-08-2009), St Public Notif received (APR-16-2009), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-23-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-23-2008), St Public Notif received (OCT-03-2008), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In OCT-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-16-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-16-2007), St Public Notif received (OCT-25-2007), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-21-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-21-2007), St Public Notif received (AUG-30-2007), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
Past monitoring violations:
- One regular monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Potosi that have no violations reported:
- USFS RED BLUFF CAMPGROUND (Population served: 240, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- USFS COUNCIL BLUFF CAMPGROUND (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 236
- Hazardous Condition: 104
Incident types - Potosi
|Most common first names in Potosi, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Potosi, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (50%)
- Electricity (43%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- Wood (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Potosi, MO|
|Dairy Queen||1||Super 8||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||Taco Bell||1|
Potosi compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Potosi on our top lists:
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Argentina (population 500+)"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2017.