Rockwood: SUNRISE OVER ROCKWOOD
Rockwood: Overlook of Rockwood
Rockwood: Kingston Avenue
Rockwood: Country Roads...Take me HOME!!!
Rockwood: Mt Roosevelt
Rockwood: Downtown Rockwood
Rockwood: Morning Clouds over looking the Watts Barr Lake from our property in Rockwood
Rockwood: Autumn view of downtown Rockwood
Rockwood: main street Rockwood, Tennessee
Rockwood: Christmas Downtown Rockwood
Rockwood: Christmas in Rockwood
Rockwood: historic Kingston Avenue house, Rockwood, Tennessee
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||48.3 years|
|Tennessee median age:||38.7 years|
Zip codes: 37854.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $17,838 (it was $13,106 in 2000)
Rockwood city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $80,016 (it was $58,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $106,826; Detached houses: $110,299; Mobile homes: $75,450
Median gross rent in 2015: $623.
Races in Rockwood, TN (2010)
- 4,97789.5%White alone
- 2564.6%Black alone
- 1642.9%Two or more races
- 430.8%American Indian alone
- 150.3%Asian alone
- 30.05%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The most expensive homes are getting cheaper May 29
- Why is Florida now third among the most populous states? May 27
- Fast food chains growth is largest in the sector May 25
- Hard market: consumption and production of cement May 23
- The number of attached homes has been declining since the 2007 crash May 21
|Crossville TN Master Thread (293 replies)|
|40 west to 75 south (11 replies)|
|Cost of living in Nashville/ Tennessee in general? (32 replies)|
|"Smartest" cities in Tennessee (10 replies)|
|Historic Walton Road (0 replies)|
|Looking for a small safe town in Tennessee to raise our kids (13 replies)|
Latest news from Rockwood, TN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (64.5%), Irish (7.1%), English (5.1%), German (3.2%), Scotch-Irish (2.7%), Italian (1.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1903
Elevation: 883 feet
Land area: 7.89 square miles.
Population density: 687 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Rockwood:
- High school or higher: 75.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.0%
- Unemployed: 7.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rockwood city:
- Never married: 26.0%
- Now married: 46.7%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 8.8%
- Divorced: 17.0%
122 residents are foreign born (1.4% Europe, 0.8% North America, 0.6% Asia).
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 29 registered sex offenders living in Rockwood, Tennessee as of May 26, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Rockwood to the number of sex offenders is 189 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $600 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $498 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Knoxville, TN (41.7 miles , pop. 173,890).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Nashville-Davidson, TN (118.4 miles , pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (443.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Midtown, TN (2.5 miles ), Harriman, TN (2.8 miles ), Barnard, TN (3.0 miles ), Kingston, TN (3.1 miles ), Oakdale, TN (3.2 miles ), Crab Orchard, TN (3.4 miles ), Fairfield Glade, TN (3.8 miles ), Ten Mile, TN (3.9 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $93,600
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $93,600
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $93,600
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $93,600
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $93,600
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $93,600
- 2003: 19 buildings, average cost: $62,000
- 2004: 21 buildings, average cost: $37,300
- 2005: 10 buildings, average cost: $82,300
- 2006: 12 buildings, average cost: $97,100
- 2007: 12 buildings, average cost: $76,400
- 2008: 13 buildings, average cost: $86,900
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $112,600
- 2010: 10 buildings, average cost: $83,700
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $61,400
- 2012: 4 buildings, average cost: $61,400
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $125,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 35.87 N, Longitude: 84.68 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +881 (+15.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 684 (32.5%)
Area code: 865
|Crime rates in Rockwood by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||229.3||236.6||340.7||371.1||413.9||361.2||458.3||330.2||405.7||451.4||377.4||429.9||398.4||433.9||449.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Rockwood detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.97|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -139 (-2.4%).
- Manufacturing (35%)
- Retail trade (25%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Construction (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (20%)
- Retail trade (20%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Production occupations (28%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Material moving occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (13%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (6%)
Average climate in Rockwood, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Rockwood-area historical tornado activity is below Tennessee state average. It is 3% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/2/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 23.6 miles away from the Rockwood city center killed 4 people and injured 8 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 11/10/2002, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.9 miles away from the city center killed 7 people and injured 28 people and caused $970,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Rockwood-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 40.3 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 166.5 miles away from Rockwood center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 109.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 251.4 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 185.7 miles away from Rockwood center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 225.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Roane County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 14
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 11, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: C. M. Newton - College basketball coach, Harold G. Long - Karateka.
Hospitals and medical centers in Rockwood:
airports located in Rockwood:
- Rockwood Municipal Airport (RKW) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 774, Itinerant Ops: 3,100, Local Ops: 9,300, Military Ops: 4,380)
Operable nuclear power plant near Rockwood:
- 17 miles: Watts Bar 1 in Spring City, TN.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rockwood:
- Roane State Community College (about 4 miles; Harriman, TN; Full-time enrollment: 4,302)
- Pellissippi State Community College (about 30 miles; Knoxville, TN; FT enrollment: 7,271)
- The University of Tennessee-Knoxville (about 43 miles; Knoxville, TN; FT enrollment: 25,483)
- Cleveland State Community College (about 48 miles; Cleveland, TN; FT enrollment: 2,500)
- Lee University (about 50 miles; Cleveland, TN; FT enrollment: 4,422)
- Tennessee Technological University (about 51 miles; Cookeville, TN; FT enrollment: 9,761)
- Southern Adventist University (about 61 miles; Collegedale, TN; FT enrollment: 2,898)
Public high school in Rockwood:
- ROCKWOOD HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 479, Location: 512 WEST ROCKWOOD ST, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Rockwood:
Notable locations in Rockwood: Rockwood Golf and Country Club (A), Roane County Industrial Park (B), Rockwood City Fire Department Station 1 (C), Rockwood City Fire Department Station 2 (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Rockwood include: First Baptist Church of Lenoir Avenue (A), First Christian Church (B), Rockwood Church of Christ (C), Rockwood United Methodist Church (D), First Presbyterian Church (E), The Tabernacle (F), Victory Church (G), Clymersville Church (H), Cardiff Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Tedder Cemetery (1), Kimbrough Cemetery (2), Ault Cemetery (3), Rockwood Cemetery (4), Cardiff Cemetery (5), Hembree Cemetery (6), Pass Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Rockwood: Roane Memorial Gardens (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Budget Motel (Highway 27 South) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 83.6. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2005 was 1.89. This is about average. Closest monitor was 0.9 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 26.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 8.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 16.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 1.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 10.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 8.8 miles away from the city center.
(30.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 43.1% for Black residents, 17.9% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
10 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
180 people in nursing homes in 2000
20 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Banks with branches in Rockwood (2011 data):
- First Bank of Tennessee: Rockwood Branch at 996 North Gateway Avenue, branch established on 1999/08/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $226.4 mil, Deposits: $198.6 mil, headquarters in Spring City, TN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices
- Bank of America, National Association: Rockwood Branch at 511 North Gateway Avenue, branch established on 1977/11/21. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- U.S. Bank National Association: Rockwood Branch at 134 North Gateway Avenue, branch established on 1934/09/01. Info updated 2012/01/30: Bank assets: $330,470.8 mil, Deposits: $236,091.5 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, 3121 total offices, Holding Company: U.S. Bancorp
- Regions Bank: Rockwood Branch at 240 West Rockwood Street, branch established on 1934/07/25. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Rockwood city (based on Roane County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Roane County:||1.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Roane County:||0.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Roane County:||5.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Rockwood, TN Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$3,363||$40,356||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||16||$46,782||$35,087||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||14||$35,964||$30,826||1||$903|
|Parks and Recreation||7||$18,593||$31,874||1||$332|
|Totals for Government||95||$411,325||$51,957||10||$8,460|
Rockwood government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Air Transportation: $300,000 ($55.28)
Regular Highways: $59,000 ($10.87)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $18,651,000 ($3436.71)
Gas Utilities: $2,300,000 ($423.81)
Water Utilities: $1,120,000 ($206.38)
Police Protection: $651,000 ($119.96)
Parks & Recreation: $507,000 ($93.42)
Fire Protection: $469,000 ($86.42)
Regular Highways: $456,000 ($84.02)
Financial Administration: $238,000 ($43.85)
Solid Waste Management: $126,000 ($23.22)
Libraries: $121,000 ($22.30)
General - Other: $93,000 ($17.14)
General Public Buildings: $69,000 ($12.71)
Air Transportation: $68,000 ($12.53)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $54,000 ($9.95)
Central Staff Services: $46,000 ($8.48)
Health Services - Other: $28,000 ($5.16)
- Electric Utilities - Interest on Debt: $200,000 ($36.85)
- Gas Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Intergovernmental to State - Electric Utilities: $208,000 ($38.33)
- Other Capital Outlay - Air Transportation: $304,000 ($56.02)
Police Protection: $95,000 ($17.51)
Regular Highways: $90,000 ($16.58)
Parks & Recreation: $48,000 ($8.84)
Central Staff: $18,000 ($3.32)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $9,499,000 ($1750.32)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $298,000 ($54.91)
Rockwood government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Parks & Recreation: $215,000 ($39.62)
Solid Waste Management: $56,000 ($10.32)
All Other: $4,000 ($0.74)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $79,000 ($14.56)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $401,000 ($73.89)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $95,000 ($17.51)
Rents: $23,000 ($4.24)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $20,777,000 ($3828.45)
Gas Utilities: $2,899,000 ($534.18)
Water Utilities: $1,726,000 ($318.04)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $376,000 ($69.28)
Highways: $187,000 ($34.46)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $1,470,000 ($270.87)
Property: $519,000 ($95.63)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $164,000 ($30.22)
NEC: $106,000 ($19.53)
Rockwood government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $4,965,000 ($914.87)
Electric Utilities: $3,085,000 ($568.45)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Electric Utilities: $3,085,000 ($568.45)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $4,824,000 ($888.89)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $141,000 ($25.98)
Rockwood government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $5,317,000 ($979.73)
5.47% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,767 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Knox County, TN||1.00% ($42,005 average AGI)|
|from Anderson County, TN||0.59% ($44,327)|
|from Morgan County, TN||0.45% ($26,518)|
5.67% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,305 average adjusted gross income)
0.09% of residents moved to foreign countries ($291 average AGI)
Roane County: 0.09% Tennessee average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Rockwood:
- WOFE (580 AM; 1 kW; ROCKWOOD, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WKVL (850 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WECO (940 AM; 5 kW; WARTBURG, TN; Owner: MORGAN COUNTY B/CASTING CO.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
- WQBB (1040 AM; daytime; 10 kW; POWELL, TN; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WMTY (670 AM; daytime; 3 kW; FARRAGUT, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WNOX (990 AM; 10 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN)
- WATO (1290 AM; 5 kW; OAK RIDGE, TN)
- WBBX (1410 AM; 1 kW; KINGSTON, TN; Owner: PILGRIM PATHWAY, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVLZ (1180 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: KIRKLAND WIRELESS BROADCASTERS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rockwood:
- WWSR (105.7 FM; ROCKWOOD, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WBZH (92.7 FM; HARRIMAN, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WKTS (90.1 FM; KINGSTON, TN; Owner: THE KINGSTON CENTURY CLUB INC.)
- WMKW (89.3 FM; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WDVX (89.9 FM; CLINTON, TN; Owner: CUMBERLAND COMMUNITIES COMMUNI CORP.)
- WAYA (93.9 FM; SPRING CITY, TN; Owner: J. L. BREWER BROADCASTING OF CLEVELAND, LLC)
- WOWF (102.5 FM; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: PEG BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WOKI-FM (100.3 FM; OAK RIDGE, TN; Owner: OAK RIDGE FM, INC.)
- WECO-FM (101.3 FM; WARTBURG, TN; Owner: MORGAN COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WUOT (91.9 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE)
- WLOD-FM (98.3 FM; SWEETWATER, TN; Owner: HORNE RADIO, LLC)
- WIVK-FM (107.7 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLLJ (103.1 FM; ETOWAH, TN; Owner: FRIENDSHIP BROADCASTING LLC.)
- WWST (102.1 FM; SEVIERVILLE, TN; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WKZX-FM (93.5 FM; LENOIR CITY, TN; Owner: BP BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- WGSQ (94.7 FM; COOKEVILLE, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJXB-FM (97.5 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WIMZ-FM (103.5 FM; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: SOUTH CENTRAL COMM., CORP.)
- WYLV (89.1 FM; ALCOA, TN; Owner: FOOTHILLS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDNT-FM (104.9 FM; DAYTON, TN; Owner: J. L. BREWER BROADCASTING OF CLEVELAND, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Rockwood:
- WDTT-LP (Channel 38; LENOIR CITY, TN; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WBXX-TV (Channel 20; CROSSVILLE, TN; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF TENNESSEE, LLC)
- WFLI-TV (Channel 53; CLEVELAND, TN; Owner: CHATTANOOGA MEDIA HOLDINGS, L.L.C.)
- WVLT-TV (Channel 8; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: WVLT LICENSEE CORP.)
- WKOP-TV (Channel 15; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WBIR-TV (Channel 10; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: GANNETT PACIFIC CORPORATION)
- WATE-TV (Channel 6; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: WATE, G.P.)
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- W46DC (Channel 46; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WTNZ (Channel 43; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WEEE-LP (Channel 32; KNOXVILLE, TN; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 43m141ftTotal length
- $669,000Total costs
- 69,240Total average daily traffic
- 1,438Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Rockwood)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:91 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Rockwood, TN)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:105 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Rockwood)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172M (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 108 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 20173 , Serial Number: 17261066, Year manufactured: 1972, Airworthiness Date: 10/11/1972
Registrant (Partnership): William Julian Dietz, Po Box 4, Rockwood, TN 37854, Other Owners: William Jeffrey Dietz
- Aircraft: BEECH E35 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 131 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR E225 SERIES (225 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7389B , Serial Number: D-3883, Year manufactured: 1954, Airworthiness Date: 07/23/1956
Registrant (Individual): Timothy S Spurling, 608 N Douglas Ave, Rockwood, TN 37854
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172A (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-300 SER (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 7565T , Serial Number: 47165, Year manufactured: 1959, Airworthiness Date: 12/14/1959
Registrant (Individual): Brian D Givens, Po Box 403, Rockwood, TN 37854
- Aircraft: AEROSTAR INTERNATIONAL INC S53A (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: None
N-Number: 9104U , Serial Number: S53A-3085, Year manufactured: 2001, Airworthiness Date: 08/02/2001
Registrant (Co-Owned): Marie Rosina, 524 Pointe Vista Dr, Rockwood, TN 37854, Other Owners: Karen Mulvaney
Drinking water stations with addresses in Rockwood that have no violations reported:
- ROCKWOOD WATER SYSTEM (Population served: 10,909, Primary Water Source Type: Surface water)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 129
- Hazardous Condition: 34
- Good Intent Call: 21
Incident types - Rockwood
|Most common first names in Rockwood, TN among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Rockwood, TN among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (55%)
- Utility gas (44%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Rockwood, TN|
Rockwood compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Rockwood on our top lists:
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #93 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most users submitting photos to our site per 10,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2007-2013 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #68 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest ground withdrawal of fresh water for public supply (pop. 50,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the smallest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 14 patent applications in 2008-2017.