We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||36.7 years|
|Tennessee median age:||38.5 years|
Zip codes: 38068.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $16,980 (it was $15,636 in 2000)
Somerville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $101,496 (it was $77,400 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $125,485; Detached houses: $126,230
Median gross rent in 2013: $356.
Races in Somerville, TN (2010)
- 1,61752.3%White alone
- 1,36844.2%Black alone
- 250.8%Two or more races
- 160.5%Asian alone
- 70.2%American Indian alone
|Memphis area - Brownsville job - where to live? (8 replies)|
|What parts of TN are the best for having/raising horses? (5 replies)|
|Looking for a small safe town in Tennessee to raise our kids (11 replies)|
|30 minutes or more outside of memphis (6 replies)|
|BEST BAR B QUE in MEMPHIS (106 replies)|
|Planning on moving TN looks good (20 replies)|
Latest news from Somerville, TN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (15.9%), Irish (9.0%), United States (7.6%), German (6.3%), Scotch-Irish (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1854
Elevation: 408 feet
Land area: 11.2 square miles.
Population density: 279 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Somerville:
- High school or higher: 75.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.7%
- Unemployed: 10.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Somerville town:
- Never married: 33.8%
- Now married: 32.5%
- Separated: 4.1%
- Widowed: 11.8%
- Divorced: 17.8%
47 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Tennessee and other state lists there were 22 registered sex offenders living in Somerville, Tennessee as of August 02, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Somerville to the number of sex offenders is 142 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $621 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $571 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Memphis, TN (35.6 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (457.9 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Williston, TN (2.3 miles ), Oakland, TN (3.0 miles ), Fayette Corners, TN (3.1 miles ), Moscow, TN (3.5 miles ), Hickory Withe, TN (3.6 miles ), Whiteville, TN (3.7 miles ), Hickory Valley, TN (3.8 miles) , La Grange, TN (3.9 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $208,400
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $187,600
- 2005: 7 buildings, average cost: $220,400
- 2006: 26 buildings, average cost: $208,400
- 2007: 24 buildings, average cost: $170,500
- 2008: 12 buildings, average cost: $224,600
- 2009: 8 buildings, average cost: $143,100
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $275,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2012: 3 buildings, average cost: $145,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 35.24 N, Longitude: 89.36 W
Area code: 901
|Crime rates in Somerville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 307.0)||354.7||238.0||253.2||497.4||365.9||194.8||524.9||303.9||410.2||481.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Somerville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.50|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (17%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Transportation and warehousing (15%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (14%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Accommodation and food services (19%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Other services, except public administration (10%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Information (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Management occupations (24%)
- Transportation occupations (19%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Legal occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (16%)
- Healthcare support occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (13%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (5%)
Average climate in Somerville, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Somerville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Tennessee state average. It is 97% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/21/1952, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 9.3 miles away from the Somerville town center killed 16 people and injured 74 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 3/21/1952, a category F4 tornado 21.5 miles away from the town center killed 38 people and injured 157 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Somerville-area historical earthquake activity is near Tennessee state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 61.2 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 95.4 miles away from Somerville center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 57.9 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 133.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 236.8 miles away from Somerville center
On 3/25/1976 at 01:00:11, a magnitude 4.5 (4.1 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 68.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Fayette County (9) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 6, Winds: 5, Floods: 4, Flash Flood: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Homesick James - Blues musician, Ingram Stainback - Politician, Carlos Clark - Basketball player, Frank Holmes - College basketball player (UAB Blazers), William L. Wainwright - North Carolina politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Somerville:
Airports and heliports located in Somerville:
- Fayette County Airport (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 72, Itinerant Ops: 2,920, Local Ops: 7,150, Military Ops: 24)
- Methodist Hospital Heliport
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Somerville:
- Rhodes College (about 37 miles; Memphis, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,052)
- University of Memphis (about 37 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 17,427)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (about 39 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 8,043)
- Union University (about 42 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 4,051)
- Jackson State Community College (about 44 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 2,958)
- Northwest Mississippi Community College (about 55 miles; Senatobia, MS; FT enrollment: 6,607)
- Dyersburg State Community College (about 57 miles; Dyersburg, TN; FT enrollment: 2,211)
Public high school in Somerville:
- Fayette Ware Comprehensive High School (Students: 696; Location: 13520 Highway 59, West; Grades: 10-12)
Private high school in Somerville:
Public elementary/middle schools in Somerville:
- East Junior High School (Students: 479; Location: 400 Leach Road; Grades: 7-9)
- Central Elementary School (Students: 320; Location: 10425 Highway 76 South; Grades: K-6)
- Somerville Elementary School (Students: 233; Location: 12690 South Main Street; Grades: K-6)
- Jefferson Elementary School (Students: 205; Location: 13955 Highway 59, West; Grades: K-6)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- We are a school in Fayette County, La Grange, TN. We would like to be added to the Private School listing. Our contact information is: 21450 Highway 57 P.O. Box 365 La Grange, TN 38046 901.878.1499 www.TheLaGrangeSchool.org How do we go about getting our school added? Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Notable locations in Somerville: Fayette County Landfill (A), Somerville Fire Department (B), Fayette County Fire Department District 15 Station 2 (C), Fayette County Courthouse (D), Fayette County Ambulance Service (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Somerville include: Spring Hill Church (A), Somerville First Baptist Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Spring Hill Cemetery (1), Somerville Cemetery (2), Stitts Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Glengary Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotel: Deerfield Inn (17307 USHighway 64) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Courts: Fayette County - Juvenile Court (1 Court Square) (1), Fayette County - County Court Clerk (1 Court Square) (2), Fayette County - Circuit Court Clerk (1 Court Square) (3). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2008 was 78.2. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2002 was 1.00. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 19.9 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2006 was 2.63. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 16.4 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2006 was 1.28. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 16.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2008 was 31.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.4 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Somerville and their reported violations in the past:SOUTHWEST SCHOOL (Population served: 412, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between APR-2007 and JUN-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif received (MAY-11-2007), St Public Notif requested (JUL-31-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-31-2007), St Compliance achieved (SEP-30-2007)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Somerville that have no violations reported:
- SOMERVILLE WATER SYSTEM (Population served: 4,800, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(12.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 49.5% for Black residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
People in group quarters in Somerville in 2010:
- 103 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 71 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 17 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 6 people in group homes intended for adults
- 3 people in other noninstitutional facilities
People in group quarters in Somerville in 2000:
- 94 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 75 people in nursing homes
- 7 people in homes for the mentally ill
Somerville compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Banks with branches in Somerville (2011 data):
- The Somerville Bank & Trust Company: Somerville Branch at Highway 64 West, branch established on 1984/10/21; at 16790 Hwy 64, branch established on 1910/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $197.9 mil, Deposits: $174.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Trustmark Corporation
- The Farmers Bank of Lynchburg: Somerville Branch at 16814 Highway 64, branch established on 2001/03/27. Info updated 2010/06/01: Bank assets: $158.8 mil, Deposits: $150.5 mil, headquarters in Lynchburg, TN, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Farmers Bancorp, Inc.
- The Bank of Fayette County: Somerville Branch at 15995 Highway 64, branch established on 2002/04/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $307.8 mil, Deposits: $253.8 mil, headquarters in Moscow, TN, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Moscow Bancshares, Inc.
- Regions Bank: Somerville Branch at 16880 Highway 64, branch established on 1965/03/15. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- BancorpSouth Bank: Somerville Branch at 430 W Fayette, branch established on 1934/10/01. Info updated 2007/07/18: Bank assets: $12,990.3 mil, Deposits: $10,863.8 mil, headquarters in Tupelo, MS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 271 total offices, Holding Company: Bancorpsouth, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (56%)
- Utility gas (40%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Somerville town (based on Fayette County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Fayette County:||1.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fayette County:||0.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Tennessee:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Fayette County:||4.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||7||$1,950|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$37,492||$40,900||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||0||$0||1||$1,880|
|Solid Waste Management||3||$7,610||$30,440||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||40||$129,210||$38,763||11||$4,038|
6.85% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($45,893 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Shelby County, TN||4.24% ($51,002 average AGI)|
|from Hardeman County, TN||0.31% ($30,378)|
|from Tipton County, TN||0.24% ($33,057)|
6.34% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($40,667 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Somerville:
- WSTN (1410 AM; 1 kW; SOMERVILLE, TN; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPLX (1170 AM; 10 kW; GERMANTOWN, TN; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- KWAM (990 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WMC (790 AM; 5 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WREC (600 AM; 5 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHBQ (560 AM; 5 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Somerville:
- WSRR-FM (98.1 FM; MILLINGTON, TN; Owner: KOOL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEGR (102.7 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGKX (105.9 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: KIX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRVR-FM (104.5 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- WMC-FM (99.7 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKNO-FM (91.1 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: MID-SOUTH PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS FOUNDATION)
- WYPL (89.3 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS/SHELBY COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY & INFO CNTR.)
- WMPS (107.5 FM; GERMANTOWN, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WQOX (88.5 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS CITY SCHOOLS)
- WEVL (89.9 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: SOUTHERN COMMUNICATION VOLUNTEERS, INC.)
- WKVF (94.9 FM; BYHALIA, MS; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- WOJG (94.7 FM; BOLIVAR, TN; Owner: JOHNNY W. SHAW & OPAL J. SHAW)
TV broadcast stations around Somerville:
- WMC-TV (Channel 5; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WLMT (Channel 30; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTY-TV (Channel 24; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WREG-TV (Channel 3; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WPXX-TV (Channel 50; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKNO (Channel 10; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: MID-SOUTH PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS FOUNDATION)
- WHBQ-TV (Channel 13; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- W57CG (Channel 57; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: GEORGE S. FLINN, JR.)
- WBUY (Channel 40; HOLLY SPRINGS, MS; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WJKT (Channel 16; JACKSON, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W25BY (Channel 25; JACKSON, TN; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W38BY (Channel 38; JACKSON, TN; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W54BU (Channel 54; JACKSON, TN; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 40m131ftTotal length
- $2,392,000Total costs
- 98,580Total average daily traffic
- 9,590Total average daily truck traffic
- 159,072Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Somerville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:57 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Somerville, TN)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- SOMERVILLE, .8 Mi S Se Int Of Rts 195 & 76 (Lat: 35.210361 Lon: -89.340889), Overall height: 127.4 m, Call Sign: WMT411
Assigned Frequencies: 6286.19 MHz, 6197.24 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6034.15 MHz
Grant Date: 01/25/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: John T Scott Iii
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- Old Jackson Road (Lat: 35.267028 Lon: -89.315889), Call Sign: KNKP416
Assigned Frequencies: 152.750 MHz
Grant Date: 05/11/1999, Expiration Date: 04/01/2009, Cancellation Date: 03/09/2005
Registrant: Keller & Heckman, 1001 G Street, Nw, Suite 500 W, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 434-4100
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:2
- Fayette County Airport (Lat: 35.206194 Lon: -86.392778), Type: Tower, Overall height: 0 m, Call Sign: WNL5
Assigned Frequencies: 119.875 MHz
Grant Date: 04/03/2007, Expiration Date: 10/24/2016
Registrant: State Of Tennessee, Nashville, TN 37217, Phone: (615) 741-1641, Fax: (615) 741-4959, Email:
- Fayette County Airport (Lat: 35.205361 Lon: -89.392583), Type: Tower, Call Sign: WRLB3336
Assigned Frequencies: 0.25500 MHz
Grant Date: 01/24/1994, Expiration Date: 01/24/1999, Cancellation Date: 05/06/2001
Registrant: County Of Fayette, Room 204 Courthouse, Somerville, TN 38068
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Somerville)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers:1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Somerville)
FAA Registered Aircraft:16 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 162
- Hazardous Condition: 27
- Good Intent Call: 6
Incident types - Somerville
|Most common first names in Somerville, TN among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Somerville, TN among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Somerville, TN|
Total of 15 patent applications in 2008-2015.