West Alexandria, Ohio
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||37.9 years|
|Ohio median age:||39.3 years|
Zip codes: 45381.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,191 (it was $17,628 in 2000)
West Alexandria village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $96,027 (it was $85,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $96,295; Detached houses: $100,030; In 2-unit structures: $135,489
Median gross rent in 2013: $680.
Races in West Alexandria, OH (2010)
- 1,28095.5%White alone
- 191.4%Two or more races
- 131.0%Black alone
- 80.6%Asian alone
- 10.07%American Indian alone
|Bellbrook Ohio or brookville? Schools, neighborhoods ,rentals? Prices? (72 replies)|
|Moving to the Dayton Area (13 replies)|
|Another where should I live thread, Please help. (18 replies)|
|Favorite Places to Drive / Walk / Bike around the Dayton Metro? (13 replies)|
|Why Doesn't Xenia Have a Traditional Downtown? Tornado? (44 replies)|
|New Job at the Dayton VA Area housing? (1 reply)|
Latest news from West Alexandria, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (34.3%), Irish (16.0%), English (8.7%), United States (5.3%), French (4.6%), Dutch (2.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 900 feet
Land area: 0.72 square miles.
Population density: 1,874 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in West Alexandria:
- High school or higher: 86.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 1.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in West Alexandria village:
- Never married: 29.5%
- Now married: 48.9%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 15.6%
39 residents are foreign born (0.2% Asia, 0.2% Latin America).
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in West Alexandria, Ohio as of August 05, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in West Alexandria to the number of sex offenders is 680 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,491 (1.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,066 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dayton, OH (18.0 miles , pop. 166,179).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Cincinnati, OH (42.1 miles , pop. 331,285).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (219.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Eaton, OH (2.3 miles ), Gratis, OH (2.6 miles ), Lewisburg, OH (2.7 miles ), Farmersville, OH (2.7 miles ), New Lebanon, OH (2.7 miles ), Brookville, OH (3.0 miles ), Lake Lakengren, OH (3.0 miles ), Camden, OH (3.2 miles ).
Latitude: 39.74 N, Longitude: 84.53 W
Area code: 937
|Crime rates in West Alexandria by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 272.9)||165.8||154.4||181.1||115.1||179.1||246.7||59.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in West Alexandria detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.21|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (39%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (30%)
- Health care and social assistance (25%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Information (4%)
- Production occupations (24%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (11%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (4%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (23%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (5%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
Average climate in West Alexandria, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
West Alexandria-area historical tornado activity is above Ohio state average. It is 78% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/25/1961, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 4.6 miles away from the West Alexandria village center injured 7 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/3/1974, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 26.9 miles away from the village center killed 36 people and injured 1150 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:West Alexandria-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 111.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 200.9 miles away from West Alexandria center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 55.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 190.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 116.3 miles away from West Alexandria center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 248.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Preble County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 2
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Snowstorms: 2, Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near West Alexandria:
- HEARTLAND OF EATON (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; EATON, OH)
- OAKLAWN MANOR (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; EATON, OH)
- GOVERNOR HARRIS HOMESTEAD (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; EATON, OH)
- PREBLE HOME HEALTH SERVICES (Home Health Center, about 6 miles away; EATON, OH)
- GREENBRIAR NURSING CENTER THE (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; EATON, OH)
- VANCREST HEALTH CARE CENTER OF EATON (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; EATON, OH)
- WESTVIEW ACRES CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; EATON, OH)
Airports located in West Alexandria:
- Morningstar North Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to West Alexandria:
- Sinclair Community College (about 18 miles; Dayton, OH; Full-time enrollment: 13,779)
- University of Dayton (about 20 miles; Dayton, OH; FT enrollment: 10,392)
- Miami University-Oxford (about 20 miles; Oxford, OH; FT enrollment: 17,670)
- Indiana University-East (about 21 miles; Richmond, IN; FT enrollment: 2,867)
- Fortis College-Centerville (about 22 miles; Centerville, OH; FT enrollment: 4,527)
- Wright State University-Main Campus (about 26 miles; Dayton, OH; FT enrollment: 14,482)
- Miami University-Hamilton (about 26 miles; Hamilton, OH; FT enrollment: 2,906)
Public high school in West Alexandria:
- Twin Valley South High School (Students: 311; Location: 100 Education Dr; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in West Alexandria:
Notable locations in West Alexandria: West Alexandria Emergency Medical Services (A), West Alexandria Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in West Alexandria include: First Brethren Church (A), Saint Johns United Church of Christ (B), West Alexandria Church of the Brethren (C), Salem Lutheran Church (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 92.4. This is worse than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.212. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 11.8 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 1.76. This is about average. Closest monitor was 5.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 28.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 20.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.32. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.8 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in West Alexandria that have no violations reported:
- TUKENS ORCHARD AND FARM MARKET (Population served: 50, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(9.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 57.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 45.5% for two or more races residents)
|This village:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
West Alexandria compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in West Alexandria (2011 data):
- The Twin Valley Bank: at 2 East Dayton Street, branch established on 1888/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $49.4 mil, Deposits: $40.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 2 total offices
- Eaton National Bank & Trust Co.: West Alexandria Branch at 55 East Dayton Street, branch established on 1976/12/29. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $182.8 mil, Deposits: $163.0 mil, headquarters in Eaton, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Colonial Banc Corp.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (67%)
- Electricity (27%)
- Wood (5%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for West Alexandria village (based on Preble County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Preble County:||0.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Preble County:||0.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Preble County:||2.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||11||$4,873|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$8,232||$32,928||6||$2,128|
|Streets and Highways||3||$2,232||$8,928||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||15||$24,979||$19,983||67||$14,761|
4.54% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,007 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Montgomery County, OH||1.29% ($32,038 average AGI)|
|from Butler County, OH||0.87% ($33,275)|
|from Wayne County, IN||0.45% ($25,726)|
5.32% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,006 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in West Alexandria:
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCTM (1130 AM; daytime; 0 kW; EATON, OH; Owner: WESTERN OHIO B/CASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WONE (980 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WING (1410 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH)
- WHIO (1290 AM; 5 kW; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCNW (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; FAIRFIELD, OH)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WKRC (550 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in West Alexandria:
- WHKO (99.1 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGTZ (92.9 FM; EATON, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES, LTD)
- WRNB (92.1 FM; WEST CARROLLTON, OH; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DAYTON LICENSES, LLC)
- WFCJ (93.7 FM; MIAMISBURG, OH; Owner: MIAMI VALLEY CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
- WLQT (99.9 FM; KETTERING, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMMX (107.7 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTUE (104.7 FM; DAYTON, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDKF (94.5 FM; ENGLEWOOD, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WPFB-FM (105.9 FM; MIDDLETOWN, OH; Owner: RADIO STATIONS WPAY/WPFB, INC.)
- WMOJ (94.9 FM; FAIRFIELD, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WMUB (88.5 FM; OXFORD, OH; Owner: THE PRES.& TRUSTEES OF MIAMI UNIV.)
- WXEG (103.9 FM; BEAVERCREEK, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WYGY (96.5 FM; LEBANON, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WFMG (101.3 FM; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: RODGERS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WGRR (103.5 FM; HAMILTON, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WDPR (88.1 FM; WEST CARROLLTON, OH; Owner: DAYTON PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WQLK (96.1 FM; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: BREWER BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WRRM (98.5 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WRRM LICO, INC)
- WDJO (106.5 FM; GREENVILLE, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WOXY (97.7 FM; OXFORD, OH; Owner: BALOGH BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around West Alexandria:
- WHIO-TV (Channel 7; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WHIO-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WDTN (Channel 2; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WDTN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WKEF (Channel 22; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WKEF LICENSEE L.P.)
- WRGT-TV (Channel 45; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WRGT LICENSEE, LLC)
- WPTD (Channel 16; DAYTON, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TV, INC.)
- WKOI (Channel 43; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF INDIANA, INC.)
- W61DE (Channel 61; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WPTO (Channel 14; OXFORD, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WRCX-LP (Channel 51; DAYTON, OH; Owner: ROSS COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WBDT (Channel 26; SPRINGFIELD, OH; Owner: ACME TV LICENSES OF OHIO, LLC)
- WLWT (Channel 5; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: OHIO/OKLAHOMA HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC)
- WWRD-LP (Channel 55; CENTERVILLE, OH; Owner: LIFE BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WXIX-TV (Channel 19; NEWPORT, KY; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WSTR-TV (Channel 64; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WSTR LICENSEE, INC.)
- WCET (Channel 48; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: THE GREATER CINCINNATI TV EDUC'L. FOUNDATION)
West Alexandria fatal accident list:
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in West Alexandria)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:6
- E Side Of Quaker Trace Rd 1/4 Mi S Of Us 35 At Sampleville (Lat: 39.740889 Lon: -84.575500), Call Sign: KQF818, Licensee ID: L00007339
Assigned Frequencies: 47.2200 MHz, 47.3400 MHz
Grant Date: 02/08/2011, Expiration Date: 05/07/2021
Registrant: State Of Ohio, 1980 West Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43215, Phone: (614) 752-0404, Fax: (614) 728-5590
- 10 Electric St (Lat: 39.744167 Lon: -84.527222), Type: Mast, Structure height: 7.7 m, Overall height: 12.3 m, Call Sign: WPSK564
Assigned Frequencies: 1.61000 MHz
Grant Date: 05/26/2011, Expiration Date: 05/31/2021, Certifier: Carol Lunsford
Registrant: Village Of West Alexandria, 16 North Main Street, West Alexandria, OH 45381, Phone: (937) 839-4168, Fax: (937) 839-0402, Email:
- Lat: 39.742778 Lon: -84.533611, Call Sign: WQCH456
Assigned Frequencies: 462.300 MHz, 462.450 MHz, 462.375 MHz, 462.325 MHz, 451.325 MHz
Grant Date: 03/04/2005, Expiration Date: 03/04/2015, Certifier: Lee V Myers
Registrant: Tech Electronics & Communications, 319 North 5th Street, Richmond, IN 47374, Phone: (765) 966-0073, Fax: (800) 232-8224, Email:
- Quaker Trace & Fisher Twin Rds (Lat: 39.725000 Lon: -84.574167), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 131.1 m, Overall height: 137.1 m, Call Sign: WQJP728
Assigned Frequencies: 458.937 MHz, 159.382 MHz, 154.190 MHz, 155.130 MHz, 155.610 MHz
Grant Date: 11/18/2008, Expiration Date: 11/18/2018, Certifier: Michael L Simpson
Registrant: Ewa 20121115090622, 17750 Creamery Road, Suite B10, Emmitsburg, MD 21727, Phone: (703) 797-5142, Fax: (717) 337-9157, Email:
- 2540 State Route 503 S (Lat: 39.709222 Lon: -84.535306), Call Sign: WQOU544
Assigned Frequencies: 159.652 MHz
Grant Date: 02/02/2012, Expiration Date: 02/02/2022, Certifier: William Gardner
Registrant: Tbs Electronics, Inc., 5225 Sw Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS 66609, Phone: (785) 862-7450, Fax: (785) 862-7647, Email:
- Quaker Trace & Fisher Twin Rds (Lat: 39.725000 Lon: -84.574167), Type: Tower, Structure height: 131.1 m, Overall height: 137.1 m, Call Sign: WQOW280
Assigned Frequencies: 866.100 MHz, 866.700 MHz, 868.537 MHz, 868.800 MHz, 851.700 MHz, 853.537 MHz, 853.800 MHz, 856.512 MHz
Grant Date: 02/14/2012, Expiration Date: 08/12/2012, Cancellation Date: 10/13/2012, Certifier: Darryl L Anderson
Registrant: State Of Ohio, 1320 Arthur E. Adams Dr., Rm 401, Columbus, OH 43221, Phone: (614) 995-0063, Fax: (614) 995-0071, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:28 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in West Alexandria)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: GULFSTREAM AMERICAN CORP AA-5B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 28241 , Serial Number: AA5B0959, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 10/20/1978
Registrant (Corporation): Dej Leasing Co, 11 West Oak St, West Alexandria, OH 45381
- Aircraft: RANS S-12 XL (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: 12,500 - 19,999 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 5051Y , Serial Number: 08950629, Year manufactured: 2006, Airworthiness Date: 09/24/2006
Registrant (Individual): Steven M Goeke, 568 County Line Rd, West Alexandria, OH 45381
- Aircraft: STINSON 108 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 84 mph), Engine: FRANKLIN 6A4150 SERIES (150 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 97376 , Serial Number: 108-376, Year manufactured: 1946, Airworthiness Date: 08/09/1957
Registrant (Individual): Timothy R Shepard, 96 E 3rd St, West Alexandria, OH 45381
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
- Hazardous Condition: 1
|Most common first names in West Alexandria, OH among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in West Alexandria, OH among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Total of 20 patent applications in 2008-2015.