Willow City, North Dakota
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||45.4 years|
|North Dakota median age:||34.9 years|
Zip codes: 58384.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $26,225 (it was $11,909 in 2000)
Willow City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $54,929 (it was $15,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $172,943; Detached houses: $170,258; Townhouses or other attached units: $189,546; Mobile homes: $62,397
Median gross rent in 2015: $409.
Races in Willow City, ND (2010)
- 15494.5%White alone
- 42.5%American Indian alone
- 31.8%Two or more races
- 10.6%Black alone
Latest news from Willow City, ND collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Norwegian (29.9%), German (27.3%), English (15.6%), Scandinavian (2.6%), American (1.3%), French (1.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1471 feet
Land area: 0.45 square miles.
Population density: 368 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Willow City:
- High school or higher: 90.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 8.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 17.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Willow City city:
- Never married: 30.3%
- Now married: 56.0%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 6.8%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $521 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $343 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Bismarck, ND (125.9 miles , pop. 55,532).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Minneapolis, MN (417.0 miles , pop. 382,618).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (770.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Overly, ND (2.9 miles) , Barton, ND (2.9 miles) , Gardena, ND (3.4 miles) , Bantry, ND (4.0 miles) , Bottineau, ND (4.1 miles ), Dunseith, ND (4.2 miles ), Towner, ND (4.3 miles ), Kramer, ND (4.5 miles) .
Latitude: 48.60 N, Longitude: 100.29 W
Area code: 701
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (31%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (7%)
- Construction (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (38%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Manufacturing (5%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Transportation and warehousing (3%)
- Management occupations (19%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (19%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (15%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (7%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (4%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (38%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (5%)
Average climate in Willow City, North Dakota
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Willow City-area historical tornado activity is below North Dakota state average. It is 65% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/26/1986, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.4 miles away from the Willow City city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 7/7/2008, a category F3 tornado 24.1 miles away from the city center injured 3 people and caused $2 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Willow City-area historical earthquake activity is near North Dakota state average. It is 71% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 565.5 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 285.0 miles away from Willow City center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 306.6 miles away from the city center
On 9/8/1984 at 00:59:31, a magnitude 5.1 (5.1 MB, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 404.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 564.9 miles away from Willow City center
On 5/29/1984 at 20:18:32, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 405.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bottineau County (23) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 22
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 19, Storms: 11, Snows: 5, Winter Storms: 3, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Mudslide: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Willow City:
- Minot State University (about 53 miles; Minot, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,887)
- Bismarck State College (about 126 miles; Bismarck, ND; FT enrollment: 3,015)
- University of Mary (about 132 miles; Bismarck, ND; FT enrollment: 2,854)
- University of North Dakota (about 156 miles; Grand Forks, ND; FT enrollment: 12,858)
- Northland Community and Technical College (about 193 miles; Thief River Falls, MN; FT enrollment: 2,717)
- North Dakota State University-Main Campus (about 201 miles; Fargo, ND; FT enrollment: 12,680)
- Minnesota State University-Moorhead (about 204 miles; Moorhead, MN; FT enrollment: 6,096)
Notable location: Willow City Rural Fire Protection District (A). Display/hide its location on the map
(9.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 15.4% for American Indian residents)
|This city:||1.9 people|
|North Dakota:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Banks with branches in Willow City (2011 data):
- Western State Bank: Willow City Branch at Main Street, branch established on 1965/08/26. Info updated 2009/04/02: Bank assets: $488.8 mil, Deposits: $427.5 mil, headquarters in Devils Lake, ND, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Western State Agency, Inc., Employee Stock Ownership Plan And Trust
- First National Bank and Trust Co. of Bottineau: Willow City Exchange Branch at Main Street, branch established on 1975/11/17. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $125.8 mil, Deposits: $109.7 mil, headquarters in Bottineau, ND, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: First Bottineau, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
|North Dakota average:||10.0|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Willow City city (based on Bottineau County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bottineau County:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|North Dakota:||3.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bottineau County:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||20.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.90 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Willow City, ND Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
Willow City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $31,000 ($185.63)
General - Other: $25,000 ($149.70)
Police Protection: $23,000 ($137.72)
Solid Waste Management: $21,000 ($125.75)
Regular Highways: $14,000 ($83.83)
Sewerage: $13,000 ($77.84)
Financial Administration: $6,000 ($35.93)
Parks & Recreation: $6,000 ($35.93)
Central Staff Services: $3,000 ($17.96)
Judicial and Legal Services: $1,000 ($5.99)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $70,000 ($419.16)
Willow City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $21,000 ($125.75)
All Other: $8,000 ($47.90)
Sewerage: $7,000 ($41.92)
Parks & Recreation: $6,000 ($35.93)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $13,000 ($77.84)
Interest Earnings: $1,000 ($5.99)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $17,000 ($101.80)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $23,000 ($137.72)
Highways: $13,000 ($77.84)
- Tax - Property: $14,000 ($83.83)
NEC: $2,000 ($11.98)
Willow City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $49,000 ($293.41)
6.50% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($41,305 average adjusted gross income)
|North Dakota average:||7.91%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
6.19% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,794 average adjusted gross income)
|North Dakota average:||7.15%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Willow City:
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KHRT (1320 AM; 10 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWNL (1080 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: STEEL CITY RADIO, INC.)
- KCJB (910 AM; 5 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KZZJ (1450 AM; 1 kW; RUGBY, ND; Owner: RUGBY BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KRRZ (1390 AM; 5 kW; MINOT, ND; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KFYR (550 AM; 5 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBMR (1130 AM; 10 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- KPRM (870 AM; 25 kW; PARK RAPIDS, MN; Owner: DE LA HUNT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KSJB (600 AM; 5 kW; JAMESTOWN, ND; Owner: CHESTERMAN COMM. JAMESTOWN, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KEYZ (660 AM; 5 kW; WILLISTON, ND; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Willow City:
- KBTO (101.9 FM; BOTTINEAU, ND; Owner: PROGRAMMERS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- 500Total average daily traffic
- 10Total average daily truck traffic
- 565Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: WA0HUD, Licensee ID: L00306715, Grant Date: 10/18/1996, Expiration Date: 07/15/2004, Cancellation Date: 12/27/2000, Registrant: Robert E Withey, 302 Hwy 60 N, Willow City, ND 58384-4013
- Call Sign: W0HUD, Previous Call Sign: WA0HUD, Licensee ID: L00306715, Grant Date: 10/07/2010, Expiration Date: 12/27/2020, Certifier: Robert E Withey, Registrant: Robert E Withey, 302 Hwy 60 N, Willow City, ND 58384-4013
Drinking water stations with addresses in Willow City and their reported violations in the past:WILLOW CITY CITY OF (Population served: 163, Purch groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Lead Consumer Notice - In NOV-27-2013, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JAN-24-2014)
- Lead Consumer Notice - In DEC-10-2012, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule
- Lead Consumer Notice - In SEP-01-2012, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule
|Most common first names in Willow City, ND among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Willow City, ND among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (47%)
- Electricity (26%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (23%)
- Utility gas (2%)
Willow City compared to North Dakota state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.