Hancock County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Drinking water stations with addresses in Woden that have no violations reported:
- WODEN CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH (Population served: 75, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 10.8%
(11.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.2 people|
|Iowa: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 58.5%|
|Whole state: || 64.7%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 10.4%|
|Whole state: || 6.7%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.9% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Woden, IA
Woden compared to Iowa state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Woden (2011 data):
- First State Bank: Woden Branch at Main Street, branch established on 1932/06/01. Info updated 2006/10/24: Bank assets: $93.8 mil, Deposits: $76.9 mil, headquarters in Britt, IA, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Readlyn Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (92%)
- Electricity (5%)
- Other fuel (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Woden (based on Hancock County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 77.94%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Lutheran Church||United Church of Christ|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Christian Reformed Church in North America||Evangelical Free Church of America||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Reformed Church in the United States||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Hancock County:||3.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Hancock County:||8.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iowa:||5.55 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||8.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.01 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Iowa:||7.8%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||27.3%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Streets and Highways
|Totals for Government
Woden government finances in 2006(per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $15,000 ($66.37)
- Construction - Health - Other: $1,000 ($4.42)
- Current Operations - Regular Highways: $25,000 ($110.62)
Libraries: $22,000 ($97.35)
Water Utilities: $16,000 ($70.80)
Solid Waste Management: $14,000 ($61.95)
Local Fire Protection: $6,000 ($26.55)
General Public Buildings: $5,000 ($22.12)
Central Staff Services: $4,000 ($17.70)
Financial Administration: $3,000 ($13.27)
General - Other: $3,000 ($13.27)
Parks and Recreation: $2,000 ($8.85)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $1,000 ($4.42)
Health - Other: $1,000 ($4.42)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Police Protection: $6,000 ($26.55)
General - Other: $1,000 ($4.42)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $13,000 ($57.52)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $6,000 ($26.55)
General Revenue, NEC: $4,000 ($17.70)
Rents: $2,000 ($8.85)
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $263,000 ($1163.72)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $19,000 ($84.07)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $16,000 ($70.80)
General Local Government Support: $2,000 ($8.85)
- Tax - Property: $32,000 ($141.59)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $16,000 ($70.80)
Other License: $1,000 ($4.42)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $22,000 ($97.35)
5.71% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($32,239 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.70% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($33,277 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Woden:
- KLGA (1600 AM; 5 kW; ALGONA, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGLO (1300 AM; 5 kW; MASON CITY, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KWMT (540 AM; 5 kW; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KNFX (970 AM; 5 kW; AUSTIN, MN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Woden:
- KLGA-FM (92.7 FM; ALGONA, IA; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KTPR (91.1 FM; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)
- KIOW (107.3 FM; FOREST CITY, IA; Owner: PILOT KNOB BROADCASTING)
- KIAI (93.9 FM; MASON CITY, IA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KLSS-FM (106.1 FM; MASON CITY, IA; Owner: THREE EAGLES OF MASON CITY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Woden:
- KIMT (Channel 3; MASON CITY, IA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KYIN (Channel 24; MASON CITY, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KTIN (Channel 21; FORT DODGE, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
Woden fatal accident list:
Sep 1, 2000 02:37 PM, R35, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Lat: 43.269694 Lon: -93.964583, Call Sign: WQHN370
Assigned Frequencies: 466.350 MHz
Grant Date: 09/17/2007, Expiration Date: 09/17/2017, Certifier: Ron Schmidt
Registrant: Electronic Specialties Inc, 2103 Highway 169 North, Algona, IA 50511, Phone: (515) 295-7752, Fax: (515) 295-7238, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: N0BDT
Grant Date: 08/30/1988, Expiration Date: 08/30/1998, Cancellation Date: 09/01/2000
Registrant: Aeilt Burma, Box 84, Woden, IA 50484
- Call Sign: W0TYG, Previous Call Sign: W5ESX, Licensee ID: L01315252
Grant Date: 11/20/2010, Expiration Date: 11/20/2020, Certifier: Harrison F Harnden
Registrant: Harrison F Harnden, 215 290th Street, Woden, IA 50484
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-25-260 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 93 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-540 SERIES (250 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 4832Y , Serial Number: 25-4626, Year manufactured: 1968, Airworthiness Date: 03/21/1968
Registrant (Individual): Beuford G Stohr, 34240 20th Ave, Woden, IA 50484
- Aircraft: BELLANCA 8KCAB (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 101 mph), Engine: LYCOMING IO-320 SERIES (150 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 86637 , Serial Number: 141-74, Year manufactured: 1974, Airworthiness Date: 01/08/1974
Registrant (Individual): Beuford G Stohr, 34240 20th Ave, Woden, IA 50484
|Most common first names in Woden, IA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Woden, IA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Data processing and other information services"
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most local government spending on current operations of libraries per resident in 2004 in $"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Transportation equipment"
- #20 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Financial managers"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Community and social services occupations:"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other sales and related workers including supervisors"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Office and administrative support occupations:"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest temperature differences during a year"