Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

But to just decide that Palin's crosshair metaphor was the motivating factor behind the shootings is...well...illogical, particularly in light of the time frame involved.
It is extremely logical. If all that is true, he was obsessed for a long time and only needed to believe that his impulses were "OK" on some level which Palin's rhetoric provided.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
If that is true - all he needed was a little push and permission to act out his impulses, which Palin gave on her graphic. Nice. It's clear that Sarah Palin's rhetoric is all about baiting, and it pushed someone over the edge to shoot a congresswoman in the head.

Palin's culpable for this result.
Right. All a sociopathic murderer needs is a "little push and permission".

Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
It's on Salon; you can google it easily.

If you will read my previous posts, you'll see that I have "admitted that Palin was wrong to have released that illustration". My issue is one with those who feel that she should be arrested and charged as an accessory to the shooting.

I've been one of the biggest Palin detractors on this forum so knock it off with the "you people" bs.
Meh. You want to refer to it, link to it. I'm not going to guess what you are referring to out of billions of articles on the internet.

I shall indeed continue to refer to "you people" who want to excuse Palin for what she's done with her violent rhetoric, though I appreciate that you've been a detractor in the past.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
It is extremely logical. If all that is true, he was obsessed for a long time and only needed to believe that his impulses were "OK" on some level which Palin's rhetoric provided.
So do you believe that Palin should be arrested and charged as an accessory to murder?

We don't even know at this point whether he paid any attention to the former gov. or not. Again, there is no mention of her made in his political rantings.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Right. All a sociopathic murderer needs is a "little push and permission".
Oh man. Now YOU do the googling. It's very true. Sociopaths operate that way.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Meh. You want to refer to it, link to it. I'm not going to guess what you are referring to out of billions of articles on the internet.

I shall indeed continue to refer to "you people" who want to excuse Palin for what she's done with her violent rhetoric, though I appreciate that you've been a detractor in the past.
It's not so hard to find. Type in the right keywords and it will be at the top of the page.

I am not excusing Palin's rhetoric. Sorry that legal and Consititutional nuances are beyond your grasp.

One more time, my responses are towards those who believe that she should be arrested and charged as an accessory to murder.

I wouldn't want to see the 4th amendment destroyed in such a way....or in any way.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
So do you believe that Palin should be arrested and charged as an accessory to murder?

We don't even know at this point whether he paid any attention to the former gov. or not. Again, there is no mention of her made in his political rantings.
I believe, as I have stated, that had ANY OTHER citizen released that graphic, they would be charged with a crime and treated as a terrorist. I believe Palin should be treated the same as you or I, should we create a graphic showing crosshairs on politicians and advising people to "reload".

I've managed to restrain myself from creating such a graphic. Why couldn't Palin? Why is she excused from exercising such self-restraint? You or I wouldn't ever be allowed to board a plane, had we created that map. We'd be on the FBI watch lists for sure if not already being questioned.

I want Palin and everyone else responsible for that map treated like any other citizen making death threats to politicians.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:

Sorry that legal and Consititutional nuances are beyond your grasp.

Is it totally necessary to be rude and snide? Really? Are you proud of yourself for that amazing zinger?

Is this how you would conduct a face to face conversation?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:28 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
If you read some of the info on him, I doubt he needed permission for his impulses...where is proof Palin's rhetoric gave him that OK? I just cannot stand people that have to jump on the bandwagon for whatever reason and they have no clue why they are jumping...So why did he shoot the rest of the people? and I also cannot believe I am defending that....thing...Meaning Palin...

Last edited by Grannysroost; 01-09-2011 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Clarifying.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Oh man. Now YOU do the googling. It's very true. Sociopaths operate that way.
Oh, I see now. He'd be just another law abiding young man if it weren't for SP. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska