Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 08:41 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Anyway, then I read this article about Wasilla in I think it was Newsweek & they made it out to be this collapsing hellhole, true anyone?
Uh....the geography around Wasilla is incredibly gorgeous. But....not my type of place at all, socially. We call it the meth capital of Alaska.

Palmer is where the Prince of Wales was born, though he was conceived on Prince of Wales Island.

Palmer is a wonderful place.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
but Arizona will always be "home", if you will, family/friends etc.
What part of AZ? I lived there for about a year back in the stone age--Carefree area.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
I even managed to finish with the decor this day. I am exhausted, but still upright. I was only teasing you, mal...the gods know where I managed to acquire this bug, but I know it wasn't from you

Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
I too remember the "exile by mullet" story. I still laugh about it. The girl responding, that didn't get the joke was just too funny.

With any luck at all, I will be moving to the northwoods of Wisconsin (karfar's stompin grounds) sometime soon. I'll be leaving 40 years of Arizona in the rear view mirror when I leave. I'm choosing to move to Wisconsin, but Arizona will always be "home", if you will, family/friends etc.
If anyone were to tell me to check my opinions, comments, and feelings towards Arizona at the boarder just because I no longer occupy space there, I would tell them to go pound sand! Ridiculous.

Wishing you the best Met! Please keep posting!!
Hey, very cool! Where abouts if you don't mind me asking? My family has a place up in Rhinelander, that's up in Oneida County, it's a great area. LOTS of fishing to do if you're into that. I live in Milwaukee, but I'm heading up there for a week at the end of the month. If you want, DM me.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Uh....the geography around Wasilla is incredibly gorgeous. But....not my type of place at all, socially. We call it the meth capital of Alaska.

Palmer is where the Prince of Wales was born, though he was conceived on Prince of Wales Island.

Palmer is a wonderful place.
Eh, leave it up to the media to twist things. The pics they showed, I think it were just a couple, were of dilapidated buildings....looked very "warehousey" & "wrong side of the tracks" if you know what I mean. Just, depressing looking. Glad to hear it's not really like that.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hey, very cool! Where abouts if you don't mind me asking? My family has a place up in Rhinelander, that's up in Oneida County, it's a great area. LOTS of fishing to do if you're into that. I live in Milwaukee, but I'm heading up there for a week at the end of the month. If you want, DM me.
Jeez, did I actually just write "where abouts"??? Could I SOUND more like a wisconsinite?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:56 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Quote:
What part of AZ? I lived there for about a year back in the stone age--Carefree area.

Far northwest part of town, near Lake Pleasant. Just too hot too long, too big, bad air, and I can't speak the prominent language anymore. That has changed in the last few decades...

I know the Carefree/Cave Creek are very well. "Treehouse" anyone?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
"Treehouse" anyone?
LOL. I had some fun there.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Actually it is the Rhinelander area. I have spoken to you several times about it. Thanks for remembering me. Just kidding. I know how this place can be a blur.
Been thinking about retiring up there for years, but just decided to make the move a few decades early.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
LOL. I had some fun there.

Jack Nicklaus bought me a beer there one night. I'm pretty sure he won't remember. He had had a few that night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska