Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,565,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Raggy dee Ann--I believe that poster was actually referring to our current president who has a somewhat clouded history of cocain and alcohol abuse which caused him to be absent without leave for part of the time he was in the TX National Guard as a pilot--he did not show for several drug tests because they would have shown positive -- unlike other people whose fathers were not high in govt circles--he was not shipped off to jail or Vietnam....
so the poster was making a comparison between Bush whose record people seem to ignore or forgive because he has "found God" and Obama who is smeared with the slam...
Bush was in a fighter squadron, he didn't go to Viet Nam because his wing group wasn't called up, the planes became obsolete by the time he finished flight school and was a qualified fighter pilot in only that model of plane.

That AWOL story is what brought (if I recall correctly) "Dan Rather" down for suppling bogus information that proved to be false documents. He was so blinded with left wing hate he couldn't get the facts correct and was willing to use anything that was laying around that could cast a shadow of doubt on Bush... Talk about a guy that was so lost in anger and so far left that he couldn't see the truth if it bit him....

Quote:
my question would be why would Track HAVE a juvenile record at all if he never was in trouble...my son never needed his record to be sealed because he had no problems with the law...
Well because of the laws in Alaska, nobody would know if Track has a Juvenile record because it is illegal to release anything like that. And if he did have such a record, the local press would have been full of it.... Just as the start story of this thread is...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:55 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,103,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Bush was in a fighter squadron, he didn't go to Viet Nam because his wing group wasn't called up, the planes became obsolete by the time he finished flight school and was a qualified fighter pilot in only that model of plane.

That AWOL story is what brought (if I recall correctly) "Dan Rather" down for suppling bogus information that proved to be false documents. He was so blinded with left wing hate he couldn't get the facts correct and was willing to use anything that was laying around that could cast a shadow of doubt on Bush... Talk about a guy that was so lost in anger and so far left that he couldn't see the truth if it bit him....

Well because of the laws in Alaska, nobody would know if Track has a Juvenile record because it is illegal to release anything like that. And if he did have such a record, the local press would have been full of it.... Just as the start story of this thread is...
"Please spread around, etc, etc, etc"

Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,847,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

I do believe juvenile records are sealed all over???

Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times
I don't see where any of that is relevant to her running for VP. What a waste of media. I'm more pissed at the morons that did not evacuate in Texas. I see the fire dept has already rescued 300 people, there are 15 more stranded on a church roof and 3 more on a roof across the street from them. I hope they get charged for their rescues. I know I don't want my taxes paying for people so utterly stupid.

Last edited by Rance; 09-13-2008 at 04:50 AM..

Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 PM

But Mal just think how iron tough your son will be just from growing up with this name.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,565,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I don't see where any of that is revelant to her running for VP. What a waste of media. I'm more pissed at the morons that did not evacuate in Texas. I see the fire dept has already rescued 300 people, there are 15 more stranded on a church roof and 3 more on a roof across the street from them. I hope they get charged for their rescues. I know I don't want my taxes paying for people so utterly stupid.

What is worse is the morons that work for the press that are standing on the beach with waves breaking behind them. I assume that maybe a few will drown and that will be Sarah's kids fault by the time it is over the way the crap is being dished out....

Old 09-12-2008, 11:38 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,710,493 times
Hey lovestogossip,
Your two posts in this thread speak volumes of your character; or lack thereof. Please tell me your not still a teacher but if so repeat these words until it becomes rote: I will educate not indoctrinate. I will educate not indoctrinate. I will educate not indoctrinate........

Old 09-13-2008, 04:55 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Raggy dee Ann--I believe that poster was actually referring to our current president who has a somewhat clouded history of cocain and alcohol abuse which caused him to be absent without leave for part of the time he was in the TX National Guard as a pilot--he did not show for several drug tests because they would have shown positive -- unlike other people whose fathers were not high in govt circles--he was not shipped off to jail or Vietnam....
so the poster was making a comparison between Bush whose record people seem to ignore or forgive because he has "found God" and Obama who is smeared with the slam...

I posted the question originally because I taught in high school long enough, have lived long enought, have kids myself so that I know

1)even "good" kids can do bad/stupid acts at times....

2)that children who have "good" parents can still make mistakes and that even good parents can have bad kids--that not every family is perfect every day,

3) that children of people who are in the public eye and have demands on them beyond what most parents do can respond to those pressures by acting out against "society" in general to get attention or to pay their parents back for what they feel is slighting them...

4) because I also have known of cases where children of influential parents HAVE had their mistakes covered up to preserve the reps of the parents--that people with power and authority don't mind using it in their self-interest and protection...
If you don't believe THAT happens, you are living in cave or under a rock and just don't want to admit it happens--and it is not just liberals or democrats that use their power...

5) I am not so naive (or gullible) that I believe everything I read or hear by either party--I was hoping to get someone with true factual information--not just rabid party sponsorship which prompted most responses...

Lyndon Johnson had many affairs while he was in public office which the media helped keep quiet--so did the Kennedys--the Republicans made more of Clinton's contact with Monica L than was warrented for their own spurrious purposes while refusing to be truthful about some of their own dirty linen...

George Bush had his mistress on the govt payroll so she could travel with him at taxpayer expense and have a "legitimate" cover...
George Bush I used his power as president to keep his son Neal out of trouble despite his involvement with a failed savings and loan in Colorado years ago during the savings and loan scandal and

apparently in this financial meltdown Senator McCain's son was also on board of directors of bank that was closed--he resigned a week or so before the Fed got there--so he can technically claim no involvement with the failure...

President and Mrs. Bush had their own drivers' licenses in TX expunged because that info would have come under access via public record request and new ones created when he was govenor...and he also had his records/public access documents from his terms as govenor sealed but storing them at his father's presidential library to keep anyone from having access to them when he left TX for Washington--

so yes--I do believe that politicians/people with power will bend the rules and use their power/authority to protect themselves/or anyone they need to from media and other scrutiny...

I know that one of the boys whose name was given in the new stories has said that Track is a friend of his but was not there---he might be telling the truth and he might not--young men are loyal to their friends and probably don't want to get them in more trouble than they have to...
the newspaper would NOT have printed the name of a juvenile because they could be sued for that---but I am sure that people know the names of the 4 involved...whether it was printed in the paper or not--just like most people in small communities know when women have been raped but their names are held out of papers...

I imagine there are MANY young men who could have been involved in that vandalism--but the fact is that only 4 were caught and charged...

my question would be why would Track HAVE a juvenile record at all if he never was in trouble...my son never needed his record to be sealed because he had no problems with the law...
You weren't "asking questions" you were spreading innuendo. Trying to pass off a character attack as just asking questions and then trying to answer your own questions with veiled gossip, you-tube links etc. is patently sleazy and dishonest.

I think that some genuinely good people get so caught up in the hysteria that they sometimes use bad judgment. Other times, I think they are just bad, mean spirited people. I am finding it harder and harder to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:38 AM

Heck even I had a juvie record and look at me. Probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Some kids get bored, or run with the wrong crowd, or just need to learn a lesson the hard way. But don't go judging any parent by their kids behavior. My folks are model citizens and I got into trouble more than once when I was young. My kids have pretty much done the same. And I'd imagine theirs will too some day. If you don't like Palin than so be it. But this constant digging up some rubbish trying to make her look bad just makes you look worse. Get over it. Every president this country has ever had probably did something wrong once in their life. And their kids too. I'd just as soon have a down to earth same as me president than some picture perfect snob.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:44 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,451,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
It highlights her desperate failure as a parent...this and the preggers daughter...the Lord doesn't like deviant parenting.
desperate failure? so every parent in america is a failure because their kid gets in trouble? what are you smoking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska