Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Palin is giving a bad name to Alaska.

From New Jersey.
That's OK. Some former NJ representatives have already given a lot worst names to NJ.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
One issue alone swung my vote. McCain and Palin's support of the Second Amendment. When they start talking about restriciting your 2nd Amendment rights and they have the track record to prove it, watch out. First they take your guns, then your gold and finally your girls. I'm not giving up any of my 3G's....
Right on, brother! Agree with you on that.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
If Oprah says he's ready then it must be true.
LOL That's quite funny

Old 09-17-2008, 07:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
sarah is so pretty when she talks and smiles i feel young again.
who is mccain?
what are you talking about?
im voting for sarah.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:56 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
One thing that a lot of people seem to have forgotten is that since the Alaska Native Land Claims Settlement Act, the Alaska Natives are pretty much taking each other to the Cleaners instead of the Historical "White Guys".

In the Doyon Native Corp. for instance, each member owns a 500 acre undivided share of land out of the hundreds of thousands acres that was deeded to them, that means if they were given title to it that would be worth at least $2,000.00 an Acre...or in plain terms, they are worth at least a million dollars per shareholder. The land is generally good with timber on it and choice in general.

The corporation has about fifty to sixty million dollars in cash and assets. It is controlled by the Native Shareholders and run by a select few of them.

The average member gets an annual check for a few hundred dollars... Remember these guys are worth over a million bucks each.

They are being taken to the cleaners by their own people, the "white guy" is still the boogie man, but not really the problem nowdays. At one time the "white guy" was in fact a very big issue and the cause of much of the Alaska Natives problems and sadness. Now they are on the sidelines.

The Alaska Natives have done very well from the Act that gave them land, money and many choices that most of other Alaskan's don't have, they are being abuse now by their own.

The American Indians in the Lower 48 states come under BIA, where in Alaska they are pretty much self sufficient as they all should be, that was the main goal of the Native Lands Claim Settlement Act, they not only got land, but a very large chunk of money to invest as they saw fit as restitution. That isn't something the Indians down South got.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Floyd, I sure hope you don't say Inupiat or we're all in trouble. I saw the bilingual signs in the police station in Barrow when I first got there and I never did understand.

Can you translate a ballot for us??

Obama would be.....taaqsipaiyaaq
Palin would be........tanik

InupiaQ Dictionary

Old 09-17-2008, 08:03 PM

Well, there will be some answering to this poll who are not from Alaska. It would be nice if only Alaskans would answer it.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Whomever started this thread has taken off to his/her more childish activities...Why would this be posted in Alaska, other than the fact that Sarah Palin is running for VP...Maybe all the dumb Alaskans with say "Hey man, yeah we'll vote for what his face to get our gov...we are not capable of making up our minds on our own, we will go for what we know, we can barely read,much more think for ourselves.." Right, the population of Alaska has been well advertised, even if we all went with the obvious, wouldn't make too much of an impact when all is said and done... Think my question would be is to ask this in the -48,and see how many answer it, then we'll see who is informed and who isn't???

Old 09-17-2008, 08:08 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I knew coming onto this thread that my position on Palin was unpopular.
You knew before coming onto this thread that your position on Palin was based entirely on lies. Now that you've been slapped with those lies you want to whine. Typical lesser-48er. Next you will be asking for a handout.

When the actual facts are presented that refute your partisan hatchet job, you simply ignore them and hope they go away. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't have the first clue about Governor Palin or Alaskan issues, and to pretend that you do only underscores your hubris.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
1. You say Palin is anti- NATIVE subsistence fishing/hunting. In Alaska, what are the differences in Native subsistence vs. our regular rural subsistence limits on fish/deer, etc? I know that northern Native people have special rights, such as harvest of marine mammals, but I was under the impression that overall, subsistence was subsistence, period. If I'm wrong, I sincerely want to learn. (And as a subsistence user, I'd be very curious as to why and to what extent she'd want to erode subsistence rights). Boosting commercial fishing seems like a great idea, but she should be able to do that without eroding subsistence rights.
It's a matter of public record, as I've stated before. How are you, anyway? I just spoke with my mother on the telephone and she says that the general feeling around the island isn't positive at all about Palin.

You could look up the bill, but I'm trying to think of who you could ask to give you an idea of what some of the people believe that it would mean specifically to them---Bobby J or Jerry M? Personally I don't see it as affecting my life; I don't do subsistence and boosting commercial fishing would just boost my bank account. Good think money doesn't mean **** to me.

Quote:
That looks to me like an E-mail chain letter than anything else, but I could be wrong Those accusations have no meaning, unless the specific bills showing her answers to the accusations are shown.
I don't think it's a circulating e-mail---similar things are all over the Native American media. And the bills were listed and can all be found on the Alaska.gov website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska