Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:04 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huttah View Post
Awesome, well... I feel so satisfied knowing that people know how to stay on topic at all.

Dear Alaskans, has your vote been swayed at all by McCain choosing Palin as VP candidate?
Or by the idea of having an Alaskan VP?
You started this and ask again, can you read between the lines, maybe you need a specific poll to understand, did you go to the Arizona board and ask how they felt about McCain-Palin....was their vote swayed... did you go to North Dakoduh and ask what they thought about an Alaskan VP, Arizona P, Illiniois P, Delaware VP as well....makes no difference who is from where, no magic in where they are from..., we are more interested in hunting and gathering at this time of year and prepping to keep the igloos warm...and what difference does it make to you - look at your prior posts, what the hey????

Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I can't condone this activity. If her emails contain important evidence, they should be obtained by legal means so she can have the opportunity to destroy the evidence -- just like they do at the White House.
I agree fully...I have never seen such voraciousness in attacks. It is disheartening to witness. But...she is well on her way, she'll be afforded the opportunity soon.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:09 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I'm not voting...but all the bashing going on is driving me to actually want to see them win. Just to spite the evil doers. Obama has been in the senate what...4 years? And has done absolutely nothing. Sarah has done more as a hockey Mom than that guy has ever done. He's only even in the running because folks like Oprah made him a shining star.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I knew coming onto this thread that my position on Palin was unpopular. I also knew that I would be subject to name calling, being accused of being a liberal, and a liar.

Thankfully, what I am, what I believe, and who I will vote for does not depend on you. I thought maybe, just maybe, I could post information that I have read in the media, information that has real sources cited and facts that could be verified, and it could be discussed, disproved, in a grown up manner. I would give you the opportunity to prove me wrong. Unfortunately, your grade school play ground responses to my posts proved my hope to be hopeless.

You have the same opportunity to post information to prove your points as I do but instead you attack me. What that tells me is that I'm right. Nothing you have posted has disproved anything. Your saying so doesn't make it fact. Your calling me names and attempting to belittle my position doesn't make your opinion fact. Pointing to my sources and calling them partisan without any opposing 'facts' doesn't make you right.

But, you, as I, are entitled to your opinion. Enjoy your view of Russian.
you are entitled to your views, but what bothers me, is you or anyone else seem to question her at every turn in the road, but forget about Biden and plaguerism (I have no idea how to spell it) but I am sure you know what I am talking about.

NIta

Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Palin is giving a bad name to Alaska.

From New Jersey.
this is your view, I don't think many agree with you... but you are entitled to it anyway.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I am glad, because McCain could have picked a more seasoned governor, but he wanted a woman, or was told to pick a woman, because of the Hillary thing. It is all so silly.
I feel like I am being forced to vote for Obama, because I can't take 4 more years of this.
where do all of get the idea is will be 4 more years of Bush? yes, he voted with Bush 90% of the time but if you even had been involved in Wash politics you would realize sometimes it is the lesser of the 2 evils or the only way to go at the time.

For better or worse, he is not Bush.....

Nita

Old 09-18-2008, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
I lean toward McCain, but less so after his nomination of Palin. It is pandering to the worst of my party, the ultra-conservative and the religious right. I like Palin as my Governor, but am not thrilled with the thought of her possibly leading my nation in the unhoped for event that McCain dies in office. Having her in the position of nominating a Supreme Court justice gives me chills.

JMO of course.
you know, I happen to know where you are coming from, I am to the right but not a right wing nut by anymeans, I am on the border when it comes to pro-life, pro-choice, but I am not concerned about things like overturning Rowe verses WAde for instance. It will not happen and God forbid if it did, it would simply put the decisions back into the hands of the states. Many said the same when Bush was running 8 years ago, look at how many juctices he has appointed and you haven't even seen a mentoin of changing many laws. I for one am ready to see a woman at the top or near the top and it aint Hillary or Nancy!!!!

NIta

Old 09-18-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Does your state print its ballots in Zwahili, Portuguese, or Chinese? No? Then I guess your state governor must HATE those people and their languages. That's the kind of moronic stupidity I see being posted here. Get a clue.
Why is it so hard for people to realize English is the official language, you speak it, write it and read it..I can't understand why anyone should think ballots, of all things, should be written in more than one language. If you are an American citizen you should speak the language and if you are not you can't legally vote...Thanks for pointing out it has nothing to do with hatred...

Speaking your native tongue in your home or with your friends is one thing, I think all of us should be bi-lingual and yes, keep our culture to some degree, but this has nothing to do with speaking, reading and writing in English.

Nita

Old 09-18-2008, 05:58 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why is it so hard for people to realize English is the official language, you speak it, write it and read it..I can't understand why anyone should think ballots, of all things, should be written in more than one language. If you are an American citizen you should speak the language and if you are not you can't legally vote...Thanks for pointing out it has nothing to do with hatred...

Speaking your native tongue in your home or with your friends is one thing, I think all of us should be bi-lingual and yes, keep our culture to some degree, but this has nothing to do with speaking, reading and writing in English.

Nita
In Alaska, English is a foreign language. Yup'ik, as one of several examples, is not.

Note that speaking and/or reading English is NOT a requirement to be a citizen, nor a requirement to vote.

And exactly since when was English the "official language"? Was it the official language in 1400? in 1500? in 1600???

It wasn't even official in 1700, 1800, 1900 or 2000.

And it should not be now either.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Palin is giving a bad name to Alaska.

From New Jersey.
I can't get over the irony in this statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska