Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,564,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Around christmas I was reading an article in our local "Milwaukee" magazine about puppy mills. They are HUGE in the Amish community, why I don't know. I'm not trying to be prejudice about the Amish, but when I read that it got me pretty mad. Specifically, it was about an Amish community here in Wisconsin. Those poor animals. That's why I constantly hear that you shouldn't buy a pet from a pet store because they always come from mills.
They raise puppies in the South Pacific for dinner... What is cute for us, is dinner for them...

So if nobody bought the pets from pet stores, what do they do with them then, take them out back once they "Outgrow Cute"... Slit their throats and throw them in the dumpster out back?

If you don't like puppy mills, help pass laws that bring them under regulation for visits by the local SPCA to ensure they are being raised humanely.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Looks like you joined up just for this thread.
Wonder how many of these clowns have multiple accounts to do this "Troll" stuff...

Old 03-25-2009, 09:56 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,599 times
You can't help but LOL at this. Where was PETA here?

FOXNews.com - Bird Suspected to Be Extinct Photographed for First Time ... Then Eaten - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrit View Post
How is that being a liberal "airhead."
I love it how Alaskans like to justify their extreme crueltly and torture by saying "well you don't live here...you're from the lower 48 and a liberal."
So what...is that the best defense you've got?

I don't think anybody with half a brain can argue freezing dogs to death is "justified" for amusement.
But it is OK to let wild wolves freeze to death then? Do you know how close these dogs are to being a wolf verses your little pet Fido on the Couch.... They can handle subzero weather very well, they are raised for the weather here.

That is why it is cruel to have a "Husky" in a hot climate unless you keep them by the AC all year long...

Quote:
But then again, I don't live in Alaska and I'm liberal....
You said it, none of us are going to argue with you on that one! You forgot "Totally Clueless" too

Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
They raise puppies in the South Pacific for dinner... What is cute for us, is dinner for them...

So if nobody bought the pets from pet stores, what do they do with them then, take them out back once they "Outgrow Cute"... Slit their throats and throw them in the dumpster out back?

If you don't like puppy mills, help pass laws that bring them under regulation for visits by the local SPCA to ensure they are being raised humanely.
SPCA is good, and I think each state has their own, much more reputable organization (in my mind) than PETA.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

I know what you're saying about the pet stores, I've struggled w/that myself. I guess other than doing the legislation thing, boycotting buying from pet stores & instead going to the humane society would be the next best thing. At least then the demand for these mills would lessen.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well I think maybe you should read some of my other posts on this thread & a couple others. I don't like hunting, I could never do it myself, but if the hunter actually uses the whole animal rather than just killing for sport, than I'm ok with that.
What about the garden part?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Be gentle with your veggies, someone gave them life, they are children of the earth..., don't just chop their heads off, don't just wack off their little parts, don't scrape the skin off them...is drowning them first better??

Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,243,334 times
ya ever hear a carrot scream? man, are they loud and they really don't like their toes cut off.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM

823 posts, read 1,732,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Be gentle with your veggies, someone gave them life, they are children of the earth..., don't just chop their heads off, don't just wack off their little parts, don't scrape the skin off them...is drowning them first better??
I eat them live, they are better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska