Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 05:26 PM

879 posts, read 1,731,771 times

Advertisements

Ray-

Don't worry, I'm not a spelling Nazi. I do appreciate your efforts to educate, but I certainly don't need a tutorial on the banking crisis, economic meltdown, and subsequent bailout. I'm well aware of who the evil doers are. Henry Paulson, former Treasury Secretary and Goldman Sachs alum, is the one who proposed the bailout to then president Bush. But, it was the big banks who came begging to Paulson to save their @sses. I think you have it backwards. The guys who came for bailouts (Wall St. pigs), do NOT work for the government. The government works for them. They are huge campaign contributors, and the lawmakers are their puppets.

The "bailout" was not to save the economy, but rather to preserve the wealth of these 1%'ers. That is why Goldman, etc. were allowed to change their status to holding companies in order to feast on the TARP monies. The bailout funds were used not to shore up reserves and provide liquidity as promised, but to jack up the stock and commodities markets and enjoy windfall profits by cornering markets and engaging in their smarmy schemes such as flash trades, etc. It was the great fleecing of the taxpayer to line the pockets of the wealthy elite under the guise of "helping" these institutions and, ultimately, the economy. It did not work, as is evidenced by the ever faltering economy and continued increases in unemployment.

The point of my original post is that once the precedent was set to "help" these greedy behemoths instead of letting them fail, it gave the government an excuse, and rightly so, to rule them with an iron fist to make damn sure they're doing the right thing by the very people of this country, world, and society as a whole. They're no longer going to be free, nor should they ever be, to operate in an unregulated and dangerous fashion. While we're not there yet, I think we're certainly on that path.

The next step is going to be the expulsion of crooked lawmakers, etc. It's not going to happen quickly, but people are finally waking up to the fact that the very people they're voting for as their own state Senators and Reps are the same ones helping to create the uncomfortable living conditions they find themselves in. Change is coming, but not the kind which was advertised during the election. It might just be of the pitchfork variety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
Ray-

Don't worry, I'm not a spelling Nazi. I do appreciate your efforts to educate, but I certainly don't need a tutorial on the banking crisis, economic meltdown, and subsequent bailout. I'm well aware of who the evil doers are. Henry Paulson, former Treasury Secretary and Goldman Sachs alum, is the one who proposed the bailout to then president Bush. But, it was the big banks who came begging to Paulson to save their @sses. I think you have it backwards. The guys who came for bailouts (Wall St. pigs), do NOT work for the government. The government works for them. They are huge campaign contributors, and the lawmakers are their puppets.

The "bailout" was not to save the economy, but rather to preserve the wealth of these 1%'ers. That is why Goldman, etc. were allowed to change their status to holding companies in order to feast on the TARP monies. The bailout funds were used not to shore up reserves and provide liquidity as promised, but to jack up the stock and commodities markets and enjoy windfall profits by cornering markets and engaging in their smarmy schemes such as flash trades, etc. It was the great fleecing of the taxpayer to line the pockets of the wealthy elite under the guise of "helping" these institutions and, ultimately, the economy. It did not work, as is evidenced by the ever faltering economy and continued increases in unemployment.

The point of my original post is that once the precedent was set to "help" these greedy behemoths instead of letting them fail, it gave the government an excuse, and rightly so, to rule them with an iron fist to make damn sure they're doing the right thing by the very people of this country, world, and society as a whole. They're no longer going to be free, nor should they ever be, to operate in an unregulated and dangerous fashion. While we're not there yet, I think we're certainly on that path.

The next step is going to be the expulsion of crooked lawmakers, etc. It's not going to happen quickly, but people are finally waking up to the fact that the very people they're voting for as their own state Senators and Reps are the same ones helping to create the uncomfortable living conditions they find themselves in. Change is coming, but not the kind which was advertised during the election. It might just be of the pitchfork variety.
"Golden" now controls the market. It's almost incredible what is happening these days. I thought that I would never see such a mess, but I was wrong

Old 12-26-2009, 01:20 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
"Golden" now controls the market. It's almost incredible what is happening these days. I thought that I would never see such a mess, but I was wrong
It is going to be getting a lot worse... don't know if having gold will do you much good if you are the only one in town buying with it... Seems that you might have some friends that would want to relieve you of it...

Better to be in the same pot with the masses, than to stick out....

Old 12-29-2009, 09:19 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,458 times
Beware My Alaskan Friends.
Maybe the CRB leak of insiders scamming the system for there own gain had an effect at Copenhagen.
There are elements thats will abuse truth for financial personal gain X 10000 in the USA education/financial system.
Thers a lot at stake and it apears Alaska is getting smaller.
I noticed by the way the tag line has changed from "GLOBAL WARMING" TO "CLIMATE CHANGE".
TURN OFF THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE AND THINK. 3 YEARS ALONE IN THE BUSH MAKES YOU A MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE--- BRAINPOWER.

ITS AWESOME TRY IT!

On my way now -- back to home.

Have a good trip .... I love You.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
But if I turn off the TV I won't be able to watch the food channel. Or earth after people.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:57 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Earth After People is an interesting show. How'd they get those cameras to film the degeneration of infrastructure? J/k

Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Earth After People is an interesting show. How'd they get those cameras to film the degeneration of infrastructure? J/k
I watched the entire show but was pretty disappointed on it's slant that man was all bad to the planet.

You get into a jet liner going anywhere, and you see miles of nothing once you leave most cities proper and the airport. The show gives you the impression that man is on every square foot of land, which isn't even close to being true.

If man was gone, in a few years natural forest fires would burn most cites/towns to the ground, fires are natures way of regeneration of the forest... plastics and all.

Roads in many places would be washed away, trees grow up through the asphalt and the list goes on.

The Concrete buildings would last the longest, but they too would erode faster than the mountains do and would be gone in a milisecond of history.

Animals that had been controlled by hunting would swing out of cycles in a massive amount, farm animals would be eaten by predators and then the predators too would grow in numbers until they ate all the easy food base, then starve off in massive numbers...

Besides, if man was gone... who would care... maybe the Roaches, they are suppose to be the survivors of the next Holocaust..

Old 01-02-2010, 02:49 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
It is going to be getting a lot worse... don't know if having gold will do you much good if you are the only one in town buying with it... Seems that you might have some friends that would want to relieve you of it...

Better to be in the same pot with the masses, than to stick out....
Ammo holds its value better than gold.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:23 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,779,363 times
Not the next Holocaust but the Nuclear Holocaust. By the way this word is so overused. Stalin starved and killed more people than Hitler, yet no one seems to recognize that...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Not the next Holocaust but the Nuclear Holocaust. By the way this word is so overused. Stalin starved and killed more people than Hitler, yet no one seems to recognize that...
Yep, Nuclear is the key word there.

The same folks that brought us 9/11 will get a Nuke and take out either a major U.S. City or elsewhere in the name of God, which will start the ball rolling big time, and it will be rolling down hill from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska