Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 08:51 AM

640 posts, read 2,011,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I actually do live in Saratoga and there has been increased population and building here. People here are friendly and helpful and the city is clean. Apparently people are attracted to the area and this year there has been an increase in visitors.

If you prefer a cultured Mecca then Saratoga isn't for you and others that share your opinion. With all the negative posts you provide, I doubt you will ever find your nirvana.

I think your comment speaks volumes...aka it says nothing other than surface. Mediocrity has its appeal if it "looks" good. This isn't exactly Lenox or Westport CT is it? Lipstick on a pig has appeal too... The building that has been going on? You evidently don't live in the city (Saratoga County maybe)...Sonny Bonaccio is making his imprint with Albany NY fashion sensibilities mixed in with McMansion elegance...downtown looks like Morristown NJ now not anything quaint.

Last edited by JiminCT; 10-04-2021 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 06:51 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,657,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
I think your comment speaks volumes...aka it says nothing other than surface. Mediocrity has its appeal if it "looks" good. This isn't exactly Lenox or Westport CT is it? Lipstick on a pig has appeal too... The building that has been going on? You evidently don't live in the city (Saratoga County maybe)...Sonny Bonaccio is making his imprint with Albany NY fashion sensibilities mixed in with McMansion elegance...downtown looks like Morristown NJ now not anything quaint.
Did Bonaccio fire you? Are you a builder that couldn't get a job in Saratoga? What is your problem? Totally understand ONE post with your opinion but your constant negativism is weird.

With the amount of people moving here and building, your personal view seems in a minority.

Possibly you need to redirect your hatred of Saratoga and anger towards people in another direction. Everyone deserves an opinion but yours seems to be beyond realistic and inane.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:29 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,822,224 times
Lol

What's hilarious is that it took 5 years to figure out a comeback. Saratoga YOU GOT SLAMMED!

Reminds me of George Costanza's jerk store bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGaHqk2NJPI

Old 10-13-2021, 11:17 AM

[quote=Ellwood;62052363]Did Bonaccio fire you? Are you a builder that couldn't get a job in Saratoga? What is your problem? Totally understand ONE post with your opinion but your constant negativism is weird.

With the amount of people moving here and building, your personal view seems in a minority.

Mediocrity has mass appeal. Go to Myrtle Beach. Saratoga is high priced mediocrity. I like living here but criticism is warranted. This town doesn't do understated upscale by any stretch. Tacky and bougie money mostly...the understated ones are decamping for Salem Greenwich and Cambridge.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:02 AM

961 posts, read 2,502,359 times
...Why bother to try reasoning with this poster from CT. Run into this in the southern tier/NY with the "pilgrims" who have bought property or homes since this crisis last spring. One minute they are mentioning all the negative aspects of the downstate urban/suburban areas, and extolling the quality of life virtues of upstate NY. This alternates with their bit$%ing about what they don't like about upstate..and why downstate has so much more to offer. People who are never satisfied or happy with anything. I usually just finish a chat with ...."So..when are you selling and moving back?".

Old 10-15-2021, 08:16 AM

...I wil add..this "not happy anywhere" attitude is not just the domain of these aforementioned "pilgrims" A couple from "California" moved here about 3 years ago..new big house, horse barn, pool..etc...Its up for sale. I stopped by when he was out front of his place last week. He said this area just didn't have exactly the right kind of "vibe" they were looking for. Now they are moving to Idaho, and feel this next move will give them the "feel" they need. I guess when you are well-funded, you can keep moving, looking for a place that may not even exist.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:19 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
...Why bother to try reasoning with this poster from CT. Run into this in the southern tier/NY with the "pilgrims" who have bought property or homes since this crisis last spring. One minute they are mentioning all the negative aspects of the downstate urban/suburban areas, and extolling the quality of life virtues of upstate NY. This alternates with their bit$%ing about what they don't like about upstate..and why downstate has so much more to offer. People who are never satisfied or happy with anything. I usually just finish a chat with ...."So..when are you selling and moving back?".
Amen.

Old 10-22-2021, 07:00 AM

93,231 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Here is a list where Saratoga Springs is ranked in the 98th percentile for small cities in the United States: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst...-live-in/16581

Old 10-24-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
...I wil add..this "not happy anywhere" attitude is not just the domain of these aforementioned "pilgrims" A couple from "California" moved here about 3 years ago..new big house, horse barn, pool..etc...Its up for sale. I stopped by when he was out front of his place last week. He said this area just didn't have exactly the right kind of "vibe" they were looking for. Now they are moving to Idaho, and feel this next move will give them the "feel" they need. I guess when you are well-funded, you can keep moving, looking for a place that may not even exist.
Actually I've lived up in Toga quite a while...if I really disliked it I would have left a long time ago. I'm just claiming its uppity and basically a bougie town. Tacky rubes who think they are sophisticated for "arriving here" after selling their raised ranch in Massapequa or their house in town that the Grampa bought 70 years ago when he came here to work on the railroad. This is become a poodle-in-purse kind of town... The school system isn't even in the top 40 in New York (most of them are downstate and in Rochester burbs).

Old 10-26-2021, 06:48 AM

....for all your perceived class you try to roll out here..you couldn't even spell this county's name correctly ...it's TIOGA. Check your ankles for a chain. If none are present, leave for another location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area