Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,217,092 times

Advertisements

I'll 2nd the D-Bag factor being way off the charts. I"m gone for a few years, then BOOM, d-bags everywhere.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:21 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
What I want to know is-

Why do lady shoppers try to take you out with their baskets when you are just walking down the aisle. I work in a big box store so I encounter these people all the time, I just cant believe how some people are, I think they were raised without manners. I just can wait for this to happen while Im not working. I would love to go out to the parking lot, slash their tires then walk by them and laugh when they realize what happened.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
What I want to know is-

Why do lady shoppers try to take you out with their baskets when you are just walking down the aisle. I work in a big box store so I encounter these people all the time, I just cant believe how some people are, I think they were raised without manners. I just can wait for this to happen while Im not working. I would love to go out to the parking lot, slash their tires then walk by them and laugh when they realize what happened.
You won't have to worry about me. I hate shopping, unless its in speciality store, and even then I do not spend alot of time.

The ones who bug me the most are the people who think its an unwritten law that they must run into the back of your legs while you're waiting in the checkout line. I've fixed them though, I wait til they are not paying attention and then swiftly kick their shopping car back into their shins.
I don't get mad, I get even.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 AM

24 posts, read 55,670 times
You know if you had asked me that a few weeks ago I would have said no. My boyfriend and I just moved here a little over a month ago, and things have been tough. We've had our car broken into already. And in a decent area..and no we're not ignorant, we moved here knowing and understanding that EVERY town has crime. The people for the most part are so nice. When we first moved here we both were so amazed by the kindness we were greeted with everywhere we went. And it still holds fairly true. I now work serving in a restaurant in town, so I meet some not so nice folks but hey again that's going to be the same NO matter where you go. I've been down on Central at night and felt safe. Like others before me have said if you know where to stay you'll be just fine. But the biggest thing that has really set me on absolutely loving it here is the CULTURE! The amount of culture you find here is so amazing and I admire it so much. Coming from a state where there was little to no culture. People just didn't embrace who they were or their history. Here no matter where you turn you see it. I watched the burning of Zozobra tonight and just loved it! Wished I was in Santa Fe to see it live! I've been reading about all the little towns around here and all the amazing events they have year round centering around again culture and I think it's great! And I hope you natives don't mind me embracing that.....

Old 09-11-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loola View Post
You know if you had asked me that a few weeks ago I would have said no. My boyfriend and I just moved here a little over a month ago, and things have been tough. We've had our car broken into already. And in a decent area..and no we're not ignorant, we moved here knowing and understanding that EVERY town has crime. The people for the most part are so nice. When we first moved here we both were so amazed by the kindness we were greeted with everywhere we went. And it still holds fairly true. I now work serving in a restaurant in town, so I meet some not so nice folks but hey again that's going to be the same NO matter where you go. I've been down on Central at night and felt safe. Like others before me have said if you know where to stay you'll be just fine. But the biggest thing that has really set me on absolutely loving it here is the CULTURE! The amount of culture you find here is so amazing and I admire it so much. Coming from a state where there was little to no culture. People just didn't embrace who they were or their history. Here no matter where you turn you see it. I watched the burning of Zozobra tonight and just loved it! Wished I was in Santa Fe to see it live! I've been reading about all the little towns around here and all the amazing events they have year round centering around again culture and I think it's great! And I hope you natives don't mind me embracing that.....

embrace it all you want, I would rather have a newbie here that embraces the NM culture and wants to live like a local rather than a newbie who comes here and complains about the city and tries to change it into something it aint. Welcome.

and when I first moved here too I thought everyone was friendly, not so much now after living here for a while, I think they just lack consideration and manners. They are not mean people though and there are some locals here who are very nice people.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 PM

10 posts, read 47,784 times
From someone who just moved here from the east coast thinking this would be a much more open minded setting I was totally wrong. Never in my life have I come across such ignorant, close minded people. And prejudice to say the least. My husband and I can't walk into the grocery store here without feeling like we need to leave (he is "black", I am "white") Even when he is by himself, he is constantly harassed. I am so disgusted by this place, I could kick my own ass for saving all my time and money to move here.

ps you all suck at driving too.

god I hate this place. I cant WAIIIIIIIIIIT to be free of you ABQ.

The natural beauty of this place can't even convince me to stay since it's people are so ugly.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 PM

153 posts, read 522,135 times
I recently moved from Albuquerque to Tucson. I wish I never did, but I had too.....

Old 09-11-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szupergipsy View Post
I recently moved from Albuquerque to Tucson. I wish I never did, but I had too.....

well that sucks

Old 09-13-2009, 11:09 AM

10 posts, read 47,784 times
I agree. no one has manners here. I too work in retail and people are so rude to me (worse than in a big rich city). I say hello and they stare at me with blank faces. And ABQ what's up with the staring? Why do people here stare so much??

Old 09-13-2009, 11:58 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natthebat View Post
And ABQ what's up with the staring? Why do people here stare so much??
They stare because they can't get over how beautiful you are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque