Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 12:03 PM

426 posts, read 1,086,882 times

Advertisements

I think some of you are taking these comments way too seriously. The original poster asked if people were happy in Abq. We should expect that some people will voice negative opinions. Some more honestly than the others. If you don't agree, OK. Everyone is free to read on.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM

439 posts, read 1,221,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natthebat View Post
From someone who just moved here from the east coast thinking this would be a much more open minded setting I was totally wrong. Never in my life have I come across such ignorant, close minded people. And prejudice to say the least. My husband and I can't walk into the grocery store here without feeling like we need to leave (he is "black", I am "white") Even when he is by himself, he is constantly harassed. I am so disgusted by this place, I could kick my own ass for saving all my time and money to move here.

ps you all suck at driving too.

god I hate this place. I cant WAIIIIIIIIIIT to be free of you ABQ.

The natural beauty of this place can't even convince me to stay since it's people are so ugly.
My hubby is black and we don't have this problem. Ever. He is from a black family who have lived here since 1979. Maybe one racial insult in all that time. Where in town are you living?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,629 times
Quote:
IAnd ABQ what's up with the staring? Why do people here stare so much??

Because we know who the fakes are.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:35 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
Quote:
I agree. no one has manners here. I too work in retail and people are so rude to me (worse than in a big rich city). I say hello and they stare at me with blank faces. And ABQ what's up with the staring? Why do people here stare so much??

if you are a good looking girl, then thats why they are starring, me and the guys at work check out girls all the time, its like a pasttime for guys.

most girls dont stare at me,(im a guy btw) they look at me like they are too good or they look at me like "dont ask me how Im doing" or like they are scared of me or something.

my advice to you is to try and make the most of it, find something positive you like and dont let people get to you, I know this can be kind of hard though.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,629 times
People stare everywhere.. I dont care who you are.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:44 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
I'm from the east coast, born and raised there. I find people here to be much more friendlier, with much better manners.

Guess I go to the right places.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:49 PM

439 posts, read 1,221,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I'm from the east coast, born and raised there. I find people here to be much more friendlier, with much better manners.

Guess I go to the right places.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if the original poster is living in the ghetto or something. Or if they just like that perky northeastern attitude...which has always driven me crazy. Don't say "hi, how are you today?" to me on the street if I don't know you! This is my British side coming out.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent cello View Post
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if the original poster is living in the ghetto or something. Or if they just like that perky northeastern attitude...which has always driven me crazy. Don't say "hi, how are you today?" to me on the street if I don't know you! This is my British side coming out.
The Original Poster has not come with any replies, but he still exists. He may have been a drive by.....

Rich

Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,078,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL
The ones who bug me the most are the people who think its an unwritten law that
they must run into the back of your legs while you're waiting in the checkout line.
Youknow; if you would just eat more and become more sedentary, your butt
would get bigger and you wouldn't have that problem with the back of your legs.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Youknow; if you would just eat more and become more sedentary, your butt
would get bigger and you wouldn't have that problem with the back of your legs.
The last thing I want, or need, is a bigger butt; thank you very much.

I gained 50 lbs ten years ago and have lost maybe 5 of it. Of course I quit smoking then, so food tastes good. Plus my thyroid med has the side effect of weight gain and I have to take it for life.

The plus side is, I have not gained anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque