Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:26 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,703 times

Advertisements

I ran across this interesting article, it seems even the medical community is rethinking chemo.

https://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/chem...-growth-study/

This isn’t some ‘out there’ article, it was published by Fred Hutchison, they are located in Seattle, and are as medical establishment as they come.

So yes, I agree with Jam, prevention may the strongest medicine yet. Time to eat our citrus and root veggies, along with vitamins.

There are already many cancer places set up to treat cancer differently, I used to live in Scottsdale and people would fly in from all over the country to get treated at some of the natural health cancer centers there. By ‘real’ Dr’s too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 09:49 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I ran across this interesting article, it seems even the medical community is rethinking chemo.

https://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/chem...-growth-study/

This isn’t some ‘out there’ article, it was published by Fred Hutchison, they are located in Seattle, and are as medical establishment as they come.

So yes, I agree with Jam, prevention may the strongest medicine yet. Time to eat our citrus and root veggies, along with vitamins.

There are already many cancer places set up to treat cancer differently, I used to live in Scottsdale and people would fly in from all over the country to get treated at some of the natural health cancer centers there. By ‘real’ Dr’s too.
1. That "article" wasn't published by Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center....its from a health blog

2. The actual study referenced is from 2012 and the conclusions reached by the blogger are not the same as those found in the actual study

3. A blog post by a non health professional which contradicts the actual study referenced hardly represents a " rethinking of chemo by the medical community"

Old 08-25-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
1. That "article" wasn't published by Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center....its from a health blog

2. The actual study referenced is from 2012 and the conclusions reached by the blogger are not the same as those found in the actual study

3. A blog post by a non health professional which contradicts the actual study referenced hardly represents a " rethinking of chemo by the medical community"
Here is another article, directly from Fred Hutchinson or subsidiary of same

https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/ce...mechanism.html

I know this study was done in 2012, but it’s new to me and possibly others who don’t share the belief that the medical community is the ultimate authority on our health, including chemo.

There is also a growing segment of the population who wants better options and not just chemo, look at the thriving business in places like Envita in Phoenix, where people who have the resources to opt for different types of treatment, go to get it. Not everyone accepts the line em up, factory worker mentality, where you say ‘yes doc, no doc’. There are lots of folks out there who want different options and have the means to pay for it. Hopefully, cheaper natural cures will be available for everyone at some point. I don’t see natural cures and research into newer, more healthful innovative cancer options being discarded anytime soon.

I still say that regardless of your family history, eating right, vitamins and taking good care of yourself is the strongest line of defense.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:37 AM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:

I know this study was done in 2012, but it’s new to me and possibly others who don’t share the belief that the medical community is the ultimate authority on our health, including chemo.

I'm not getting into this fight, but FYI, 7 years is 7 lifetimes in relation to cancer theories and cures. The field is incredibly dynamic and changing month to month

Old 08-25-2019, 04:43 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:

There is also a growing segment of the population who wants better options and not just chemo, look at the thriving business in places like Envita in Phoenix, where people who have the resources to opt for different types of treatment, go to get it. Not everyone accepts the line em up, factory worker mentality, where you say ‘yes doc, no doc’. There are lots of folks out there who want different options and have the means to pay for it. Hopefully, cheaper natural cures will be available for everyone at some point. I don’t see natural cures and research into newer, more healthful innovative cancer options being discarded anytime soon.

I still say that regardless of your family history, eating right, vitamins and taking good care of yourself is the strongest line of defense.
I would still love to know what you THINK that study states...

Because it doesn't support anything you wrote in this post or the previous one.

The study identified a mechanism by which CERTAIN cancers may become resistant to CERTAIN cheomotherapeutic regimens and postulates how to WORK AROUND this phenomenon...

It has nothing to do with mainstream, evidence based medical researchers and providers "giving up on chemo" or admitting it doesn't work.....quite the opposite in fact...

Also, just because businesses like Envita are "thriving" by preying upon desperate people with nothing to lose that doesn't mean they are ethical, safe or effective.....

Old 08-25-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I would still love to know what you THINK that study states...

Because it doesn't support anything you wrote in this post or the previous one.

The study identified a mechanism by which CERTAIN cancers may become resistant to CERTAIN cheomotherapeutic regimens and postulates how to WORK AROUND this phenomenon...

It has nothing to do with mainstream, evidence based medical researchers and providers "giving up on chemo" or admitting it doesn't work.....quite the opposite in fact...

Also, just because businesses like Envita are "thriving" by preying upon desperate people with nothing to lose that doesn't mean they are ethical, safe or effective.....
The study basically says that Chemo is ineffective. Ok, they will ‘work around’ that. Chemo is around because of the hundreds of thousands of dollars that patients and their insurance companies pay to get treatment. You are absolutely correct that chemo isn’t going anywhere because the medical community will continue to find new ways to package and present it to the public. Some Dr’s are open to other treatments besides chemo and I was referring to those. A lot of people are unhappy with chemo treatments, side effects and poor cure stats. I recently read online that medicine kills a lot more people than guns, but this is never discussed. Now this statement is true, but I never thought of it like that and I’m sure most people haven’t. We’ve been conditioned not to question medicine, even though it often has a poor track record. Anyway, that statement was kind of an eye opener.

Envita has a good reputation, as well as other cancer places that emphasize natural over toxic. Stop spinning it like they are packed with desperate people, with the ending that they all die, after being rooked for thousands of dollars. Not true, a lot of people go there for a variety of ailments and natural based treatments. I knew people who got treatment there and were satisfied. People fly in from all over to come to Envita and similar places. If they were killing off their clients, they would have closed long ago.

I’m watching a case in Oregon, where a mom ran off with her cancer stricken daughter, they didn’t want anymore chemo. I understand that the daughter is getting the natural treatments that she and her mom want, and the teen is doing better. I think this case will ultimately lead towards more choices for people, even teens, who want something besides the usual chemo..at least in Oregon.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:45 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
This is supposed to be about grape fighting cancer. Back on topic or posts will be deleted.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I meant it as wonder if she took antioxidants ever in her life for prevention. As I've mentioned before 3 people in my life didn't make it with their cancers and I had talked for years before about antioxidants and prevent. Seems like so many fear antioxidants.
Well, along with a good diet, taking vitamins, including GSE and antioxidants can only be beneficial. I don’t know how all this other stuff got into the conversation, but I believe that prevention is the first and most important thing you can do for yourself.

I’m guessing that Ruth is somewhat sure of her opinion and leans towards conventional medicine. Somehow, I can’t envision her shopping at GNC on her weekends off.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:36 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Bottom line to this post, I'm talking about the Grape and it's powerful SEEDS and as so often happens so much other stuff is thrown into the threads. If others taking Grape SEED want to offer, I'd love to hear others.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:39 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Bottom line to this post, I'm talking about the Grape and it's powerful SEEDS and as so often happens so much other stuff is thrown into the threads. If others taking Grape SEED want to offer, I'd love to hear others.
Well, technically, no.

The thread title specifies grapes in general, and the first post talks about grape juice.

But neither specify seeds.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine