Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
I've said before, if the FDA were to approve and regulate it, drug companies grow/manufacture it, doctors prescribe it, and drug stores (like Walgreens) sold it, then I'd say "yes" to medical pot. (And the fact is they do this already, in a pill form.)
But like all presciption drugs, it must be regulated by the FDA. As much as I am for states rights, I don't think it's good or safe to circumvent the system already in place for this. Right now, the FDA apparently believes that it is not "safe" or "worth the risks". Considering the drugs that are legal, that says a lot (at least to me).
Too...much...trust.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:45 AM

923 posts, read 1,430,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
I've said before, if the FDA were to approve and regulate it, drug companies grow/manufacture it, doctors prescribe it, and drug stores (like Walgreens) sold it, then I'd say "yes" to medical pot. (And the fact is they do this already, in a pill form.)
But like all presciption drugs, it must be regulated by the FDA. As much as I am for states rights, I don't think it's good or safe to circumvent the system already in place for this. Right now, the FDA apparently believes that it is not "safe" or "worth the risks". Considering the drugs that are legal, that says a lot (at least to me).
How the Federal Government Is blocking medical marijuana research

http://www.mpp.org/assets/pdfs/libra...UTTAL_0707.pdf

Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 AM

131 posts, read 439,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
It's not. Out of the thousands of people in CA, Co, and the 10 other states with the MM law how many of them have been busted? States rights?!
You may have missed this weeks announcement by Mr. Holder, US Attorney General.
Quote:
Mr. Holder said in a letter Wednesday to nine former Drug Enforcement Administration chiefs that the administration would continue to enforce federal law if California legalizes marijuana. The DEA chiefs had urged him to speak out on the matter.
There is no such thing as "states rights" if the Federal law is more restrictive.

I'm not arguing the point. Just pointing out that the Federal Government can and will oppose state laws.

I really don't think you have the resources to know where and when the Federal Government enforces locally. ICE does a sweep through here on occasion and it never makes the news. All the illegals just disappear!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:01 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,571,227 times
Where would they lock up a million California dope smokers? And since they would be unemployed while in jail, where would government get the revenue that the million former taxpayers would have paid in?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Where would they lock up a million California dope smokers? And since they would be unemployed while in jail, where would government get the revenue that the million former taxpayers would have paid in?
Simple answer from a simple person! Put them all under house arrest with GPS ankle bracelets. Take them out everyday to search and destroy all pot gardens. Most of them are probably unemployed and California is bankrupt anyway so it's win/win solution.

Are you listening AH-NOLD?

Old 10-16-2010, 07:17 PM

260 posts, read 511,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
Simple answer from a simple person! Put them all under house arrest with GPS ankle bracelets. Take them out everyday to search and destroy all pot gardens. Most of them are probably unemployed and California is bankrupt anyway so it's win/win solution.

Are you listening AH-NOLD?
Nobody can just go into my garden, or anybody's garden, and destroy the the marijuana fields.
The marijuana police would need a warrant.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:35 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Stupid story from way back....70s, early 80s...my brother was growing in MN outside his little shed-house in the little flowerbed....My mother was oblivious I think even after we told her what was going on....cops chase him in the yard for whatever reason...he goes into his shack...they bang on the door, warn him for whatever...plants right next to them like 2 feet high....not a boo.....

Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
Nobody can just go into my garden, or anybody's garden, and destroy the the marijuana fields.
The marijuana police would need a warrant.
Call me Mr Nobody!

Everyone here knows I'm out and about in the mountains virtually every day. I found a plot of those pesky little "weeds" one day and being the law abiding citizen that I am, I dispatched them with vigor!

I even had the vehicle description and tag number of the person tending their crops. But being the nice guy person that I am, I refrained from passing this info on.

Warrant? Don't need no stinkin' warrant!

Old 10-17-2010, 12:06 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Howard,

That revenue that you speak of would come from the pockets (taxes) of the conservatives who support the continuation of the unjust prohibition of marijuana.
These are people who don't seem to mind paying at both ends, firstly to fund a failing war on drugs, secondarily, to pay the lodging and the legal costs that surely must
accompany every single and simple arrest for marijuana possession. So much of the America of today has changed from what it "used to be", years ago, we were the
epitome of productivity, we could (as a people), do anything and everything, in the eyes of the world. We were the flagship, the standard and the benchmark, the envy of
every other country. Sure, there were the great robber barons, the magnates, the industrialists, Carnegie, Astor, Vanderbilt but if not for capitalism we would not have a
country today wherein Iphones and X-boxes seem to fall off of trees to a generation that now faces the full force of an "in your face", brand of capitalism.

I am not able to vote on prop.19, I'm a New York recreational user.
If I could vote, it'd be a yes vote. I caught my first buzz when I was 29, fell in love with MaryJane
and never put her down. I'm a great grandfather now, been smokin' dope for 37 years this month, straight! I got 5 beautiful, healthy and normal children, all contributors
to society, gainfully employed and well rounded. I've been in the workforce since 1961, the year I left school. I smoked all through those years, on the job and off the job.
I had a long and illustrious engagement with booze too, in fact when I first went to AA in Oct. of '73, I was able to distance myself from the drink because my younger sister
"turned me on" to pot and I found a clear understanding of the difference between being drunk and being stoned. Those were glory days, I could buy a quarter pound of
gack weed, cheap green pot for $75.00.

I guess I'm getting a tad gabby, truth is I'm ripped.
I'm starting to realize one of the more overbearing compulsions that I seem to feel when I've smoked some weed,
is the need to come out here on the internet and have productive interplay with my peers, others who have a need to be heard and a heart to hear from others. I'll talk
about anything because it allows me to feel that I "am" somebody and not some great-grandfather who spends the rest of his days, staring out the living room window,
wondering where it all went. There are times when I can't believe that America hasn't crossed the marijuana bridge yet, it's been a long, long time and I'm saddened by
the knowledge that I'll be molding in my grave when that glorious and eminent day of decriminalization finally comes.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,571,227 times
Thank You Long Island Eddie. I probably will start taking up marijuana when I retire. Although, in my opinion, smoking is smoking, whether tobacco or anything else. And I am a fitness swimmer so I must maintain good lung capacity! Maybe marijuana leaf salad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona