Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 02:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,037,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Yep, he says he saw that crap in a "news" piece but I think he somehow got a preview of the remake of the movie Reefer Madness.
Channel 12 news. Don't like it go *itch at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 02:37 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,731,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Channel 12 news. Don't like it go *itch at them.
Sorry, but you're the one regurgitating this propaganda, so you open yourself up to criticism.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but you're the one regurgitating this propaganda, so you open yourself up to criticism.
I reported on what the officials on the news said. Sorry if you don't like it. YOU claim it's propaganda but YOU are not there now are you? All I can go by is what THEY said until they are specifically shown to be lying.
Can you do that?

Old 09-21-2016, 02:53 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,969,557 times
Quote:
I reported on what the officials on the news said. Sorry if you don't like it. YOU claim it's propaganda but YOU are not there now are you? All I can go by is what THEY said until they are specifically shown to be lying.
Can you do that?
You cited a "news report," you were given a news report and you've ignored it in favor of complaining about additional tax revenue and a 12News story?

What you've described is the mayor of one of, if not the most, conservative cities in the U.S. providing unsubstantiated claims.

Of the Boston Globe report, they bring up the down sides of the legalization, for me atleast, they aren't enough to overcome the benefits.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:44 PM

923 posts, read 1,431,264 times
Quote:
What else could/should we legalize to support our overspending politicians? What else can/should we pimp out for $$$$$$$?
If being a tax boon is the only requirement nowadays then let's just legalize EVERYTHING that's currently illegal and just charge a fee for it.
Want to kill someone? Must by a $25,000 tag for it. We can use the money for the schoooooools.
From my post #202. You need to work on that short term memory loss.

The money for the state is just a benefit of legalization. Marijuana is here to stay, it's been widely used since the 60's. Arizona has a very harsh marijuana law. Any amount is a felony. Thousands of otherwise law abiding, tax paying citizens get criminal felony records every year in this state. That doesn't look good on a job application. Nobody is condoning driving while buzzed or teen use. Dealers don't ask for ID. Legal shops do. The time has come and it's the right thing to do.

Arizona Laws & Penalties
Possession for personal use of less than 2 pounds of marijuana is a Class 6 felony, punishable by a minimum sentence of 4 months, a maximum sentence of 2 years, and a minimum fine of $1000 or a fine to exhaust the proceeds of the drug offense. If probation is granted after conviction for this offense, the offender will face a mandatory sentence of 24 hours of community service.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
From my post #202. You need to work on that short term memory loss.

The money for the state is just a benefit of legalization. Marijuana is here to stay, it's been widely used since the 60's. Arizona has a very harsh marijuana law. Any amount is a felony. Thousands of otherwise law abiding, tax paying citizens get criminal felony records every year in this state. That doesn't look good on a job application. Nobody is condoning driving while buzzed or teen use. Dealers don't ask for ID. Legal shops do. The time has come and it's the right thing to do.

Arizona Laws & Penalties
Possession for personal use of less than 2 pounds of marijuana is a Class 6 felony, punishable by a minimum sentence of 4 months, a maximum sentence of 2 years, and a minimum fine of $1000 or a fine to exhaust the proceeds of the drug offense. If probation is granted after conviction for this offense, the offender will face a mandatory sentence of 24 hours of community service.
And you need to grow your reading comprehension. From the start I've said that I was in fully supportive of Medical use. Secondly, you don't need to legalize for recreational use just to solve the "harsh MJ laws".
All you have to do is decriminalize possession up to a certain amount.

So, now what?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:21 PM

10,756 posts, read 23,852,544 times
Quote:
What else could/should we legalize to support our overspending politicians? What else can/should we pimp out for $$$$$$$?

If being a tax boon is the only requirement nowadays then let's just legalize EVERYTHING that's currently illegal and just charge a fee for it.
Want to kill someone? Must by a $25,000 tag for it. We can use the money for the schoooooools.
Now that is a straw man argument if I ever saw one. Now you're getting desperate and comparing legalizing marijuana with legalization of murder. Are you OK? Would you rather the marijuana profits go straight to the cartels while sinking more state revenue into the prison system? That's what voting no essentially does.

Quote:
And you need to grow your reading comprehension. From the start I've said that I was in fully supportive of Medical use. Secondly, you don't need to legalize for recreational use just to solve the "harsh MJ laws".
All you have to do is decriminalize possession up to a certain amount.

So, now what?
And continue feeding the black market? Yeah great idea.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 09-22-2016 at 07:31 PM..

Old 09-23-2016, 03:12 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,080,641 times
Quote:
Just watched a news piece on prop 205. The mayor of Colorado Springs and a Police official were on talking about how bad of an idea it's turned out to be.
1. Colorado is #1 in the nation for children 10-17 using MJ, 17% have used MJ in the last 30 days.
2. Deaths due to MJ use have gone up 62% since it was legalized.
3. Cartels have not only flourished but they have relocated to CO.

Issues that have to be addressed imo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Where did you get this from?

I would really like to know what they are including. That's also not a fair statistic unless you compare it to how much new and overall use increased since it was legalized.
Quote:
Are you not familiar with the research technique PIOOTA? (pulled it out of ......)
Must be.. This is not the first time I've called out this poster on his "facts" that he could then not back up.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:22 AM

923 posts, read 1,431,264 times
Several school board members across Arizona, including Sunnyside Unified School District’s Buck Crouch have endorsed the campaign to vote yes on Proposition 205.

Education officials announce support for marijuana legalization - KVOA | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona

Old 09-23-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Must be.. This is not the first time I've called out this poster on his "facts" that he could then not back up.
Excuse me, just stating what was said by government officials ON THE NEWS.
Go argue with them if you don't like what THEY SAID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona