Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 PM

25 posts, read 54,900 times

Advertisements

Hey all! I'm probably moving to from PA to Yuma sometime before the end of 2010 and need suggestions as to where to live, what to do, etc. Any info & advice that you could give would be priceless and extremely appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 01:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Just get ready for a lot of disgruntled one-point-of-view I-hate-Yuma posters.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:22 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edyarn View Post
Hey all! I'm probably moving to from PA to Yuma sometime before the end of 2010 and need suggestions as to where to live, what to do, etc. Any info & advice that you could give would be priceless and extremely appreciated!!!
Can you stand very hot climates? It is very hot in Yuma. So, be sure to wear lots of sunblock/sunscreen and a hat. It's much hotter and dryer than PA. So, be prepared.

The most fun I've seen in Yuma was in Lake Martinez (that joins with the Colorado River). Such fun there during the summer. It gets busier during the Memorial Day weekend (the last time I went was Memorial Day weekend 2007). Such fun! A huge sandbar there to park your boat, swim, and socialize with other people around you (and not to mention, you can drink there too, it's legal in that area).

But in town, there's lots of bars and clubs to go dancing, karaoke, and just have a good time. Lots of restuarants to choose from and other things. You just have to find what you like (I have no idea what you like to do for fun). So, you have to see for yourself...Good luck....

Old 06-17-2010, 02:04 PM

Hahaha, ok, gotcha, Gandalara! Where is the best place to be in AZ then, because I'm open to anywhere in the state. Just lookin' to get the heck out of PA. Nothin much happening here career, social, or culture-wise.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Can you stand very hot climates? It is very hot in Yuma. So, be sure to wear lots of sunblock/sunscreen and a hat. It's much hotter and dryer than PA. So, be prepared.

But in town, there's lots of bars and clubs to go dancing, karaoke, and just have a good time. Lots of restuarants to choose from and other things. You just have to find what you like (I have no idea what you like to do for fun). So, you have to see for yourself...Good luck....
I love hot weather! And anywhere where there's not snow is the place I want to be.

I have alot of things I like to do. Going out to eat, shopping, being out-of-doors. I also really love fashion, so the fact that its only 4 or so hours from LA is awesome.

As far as living, any places that I want to avoid - dangerous areas, etc.

Thank you so much!

Old 06-17-2010, 02:12 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Just lookin' to get the heck out of PA. Nothin much happening here career, social, or culture-wise.
With the possible exception of Phoenix, you're most likely not going to do any better in career, social, or culture here in AZ than what you have in PA. Weather, desert scenery, and wide-open spaces we got. Careers and culture, not so much. Social always depends entirely on you no matter where you go.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:25 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Have you read the Arizona City by City thread?

Read through that, and when something sounds interesting to you, google for the city website or the city visitor's bureau site or the city's chamber of commerce site. Google is your friend! And only you know what you'll be happy with.

That will at least get you started.

Didn't want to put you off on Yuma - but there are several threads about Yuma in here that are just filled with people that are unhappy with their lives and with their selves ... so they really hate everything. At least that's the way it looks to me

Last edited by Gandalara; 06-17-2010 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Forgot a word!

Old 06-17-2010, 04:57 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,383 times
Quote:
Hahaha, ok, gotcha, Gandalara! Where is the best place to be in AZ then, because I'm open to anywhere in the state. Just lookin' to get the heck out of PA. Nothin much happening here career, social, or culture-wise.
yeah you dont want yuma, no jobs here either, you might consider tucson area?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 PM

Thanks, all!

Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
I lived in Yuma only during the summers and I had family that lived there. I didn't hate it! the heat is bad I'll admit, but you can visit the river and take a swim to cool off or go to the movies,strip malls, libraries to cool down and take in the A/C. the good thing about Yuma is. it's not too far from San diego. Only a 2 hour drive west!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona