Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which asian country has the best women?
Japan 36 24.32%
China 23 15.54%
Singapore 6 4.05%
South Korea 44 29.73%
Other 39 26.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,999,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I meant the 4chon edition of the word
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ATCU8GD6hE...-wapanese.jpeg

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 04-15-2013 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Please follow guidelines to posting pictures. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:12 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
I meant the 4chon edition of the word

Yea, co-opted from the comic. Flew over your head is what we're saying.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, co-opted from the comic. Flew over your head is what we're saying.
I was unaware of the comic strip....now I get it

Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
I have a friend who's the dictionary definition of Weeaboo. She's insanely overboard on Japanese culture, and to her credit, she's one of the rare lucky ones who actually managed to get into an exchange program and is currently over there.

One of the greatest, obnoxious ironies about her is that though she's a one of those hardcore social justice majors of the sort that posts old pictures of Native Americans holding rifles with the caption "HOMELAND SECURITY, DEFENDING AMERICA AGAINST INVADERS SINCE 1492" or facts denoting that more people were killed at Wounded Knee than at Sandy Hook immediately in the wake of the shooting, and yet she refuses to engage in a discussion on the historical or current treatment Ainu, Okinawans, Koreans, or Chinese. And then there's her hardcore women's rights bent and opposition towards the objectification of women, which evidently has a Japan Region Filter, because she speaks of being cat-called and sleazed on over there in a flattering light.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I have a friend who's the dictionary definition of Weeaboo. She's insanely overboard on Japanese culture, and to her credit, she's one of the rare lucky ones who actually managed to get into an exchange program and is currently over there.

One of the greatest, obnoxious ironies about her is that though she's a one of those hardcore social justice majors of the sort that posts old pictures of Native Americans holding rifles with the caption "HOMELAND SECURITY, DEFENDING AMERICA AGAINST INVADERS SINCE 1492" or facts denoting that more people were killed at Wounded Knee than at Sandy Hook immediately in the wake of the shooting, and yet she refuses to engage in a discussion on the historical or current treatment Ainu, Okinawans, Koreans, or Chinese. And then there's her hardcore women's rights bent and opposition towards the objectification of women, which evidently has a Japan Region Filter, because she speaks of being cat-called and sleazed on over there in a flattering light.
well japanese arent so innocent of weabooism...ok think of a japanese weaboo...but replace obssesed white girl with obssesed japanese girl...and replace japan with korea

a japanese koreaboo...who think calling people their "unnie" korean version of "chan" is "kyopta" korean version of "kawaii"

I wonder if koreans think japanese koreaboos are wierd...just like how japanese think of american weaboos

Old 04-08-2013, 06:45 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,610,446 times
Korea is definitely the new cool. Even PRC Chinese are on board, from around 2000. So over ten years now.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:45 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
well japanese arent so innocent of weabooism...ok think of a japanese weaboo...but replace obssesed white girl with obssesed japanese girl...and replace japan with korea

a japanese koreaboo...who think calling people their "unnie" korean version of "chan" is "kyopta" korean version of "kawaii"

I wonder of koreans think japanese koreaboos are wierd...just like how japanese think of american weaboos
I think that for the most part, people from any specific culture who encounter someone who is overly obsessed with another to the point of trying to adopt themselves into that foreign culture are probably going to think that there's something odd about that person.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Korea is definitely the new cool. Even PRC Chinese are on board, from around 2000. So over ten years now.
japanese right wing fanatics are going crazy seeing young japanese girls wanting to be korean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvxoJv4rgmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSUMV3hWvM8
the song 1 is the loneliest number comes to mind when watching this video...LOL

Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I think that for the most part, people from any specific culture who encounter someone who is overly obsessed with another to the point of trying to adopt themselves into that foreign culture are probably going to think that there's something odd about that person.
yea but we are so used to people wanting to be japanese...its a bit confusing seeing a japanese koreaboo
its like the tables has been turned

Old 04-08-2013, 06:58 PM

here is an example of a japanese koreaboo

kiyomi song is the latest craze from korea

♡Kiyomi Song♡ - YouTube

experience of a korean-canadian getting told by a japanese koreaboo that she didnt act korean enough lol
Quote:
Don’t even get me started on that one time I met a Japanese koreaboo…she tried to “correct” me on my Korean, and one time, when listening to me speak Korean (since I’m Korean myself), she kept saying that I didn’t sound like the people on TV and made all these passive aggressive comments about me being Korean-Canadian and not speaking it “right” and tried to act like she was “teaching” me (it’s so much more personal if they’re Japanese…).
http://koreaboostories.tumblr.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia