Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 08:34 PM

72 posts, read 156,259 times

Advertisements

stevania01, does she look like Chinese to you? I don't think so.

JKT48 member profile: Devi Kinal - YouTube

Devi Kinal Putri - Pemilihan Member Single Ke-6 JKT48 - YouTube

Old 04-12-2014, 08:49 PM

372 posts, read 1,007,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhamsingosari View Post
No, they not look chinese ..common characteristic indonesians, We Sundanese People have a large / big eye, we are very different from chinese people in general ^ ^

Old 04-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
By the way current winner of Miss Indonesia Universe (Puteri Indonesia) 2014 Elvira Devinamira Wirayanti is Javanese. She is light-skinned but she has typical Javanese face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Skin bleacher
Now she has tanned her skin tone LOL. I know it from her Instagram.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Filipino does look more East Asian than average Indonesians, they have more historical link with the Chinese and their genes study does show a bit of Chinese.
Do these typical-looking Filipino students look like Chinese if you compare them to Javanese students from Yogyakarta?

Old 04-12-2014, 10:33 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,655,188 times
^you are the javanese why ask me?

Old 04-12-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
^you are the javanese why ask me?
I think they don't look like Chinese if I compare them to Javanese students from Yogyakarta and Malang. But I want to know your opinion.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:52 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,804,861 times
Quote:
You should really go to Jakarta haha, visit the malls and go to few clubs in Kemang, her look is totally not rare (well atleast some resemblance) among the upper class Indonesians girl simply because they are extremely wel-fed and treated (salon, spa, you name it), the first picture none of them are mixed and in third pic, the fourth and fifth girl is mixed.
Again, how do you know they aren't mixed? I think the contacts might have an effect. I think a more Chinese nose with Austronesian eyes, although Austronesians don't all have flat noses. But like I said, I bet more European features are seen as beautiful so those girls with them are preferred.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Do you think some of them look like Central Asians too? I have seen some Central Asians who look like Indonesians LOL.
Hmmm, maybe a bit, Central Asians vary a lot. Most Kazakhs have unmistakable eyes, the type that is not typical in Java.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
"Do Indonesian Look Chinese" why you are stressed, the evidence is true some indonesians also has chinese look , I think you are people from eastern Indonesian or Balinese people who never went to see the face of Indonesian who lives in the western part. you do not realize if you used to go fishing in the thread by posting about Seoharto, Prabowo and etc, it is very painful .. and I always hold on it, you need to know they are Pure Javanese not chinese . and please you read the autobiography of Suharto etc. if you need to go to Istana Negara now.
gak usah usah LG ngebahas suku/warna kulit or apaun, malu tw dibaca smua ORG this Forum.
I met some Balinese with very distinct epicanthic folds/small eyes but dark skin tone and flat nose.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:01 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,655,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Again, how do you know they aren't mixed? I think the contacts might have an effect. I think a more Chinese nose with Austronesian eyes, although Austronesians don't all have flat noses. But like I said, I bet more European features are seen as beautiful so those girls with them are preferred.
Half Caucasian-Indo usually dont look like them as far as i know, it is possible however that they might just have ancestry such as Arabs or the likes. Well to us atleast they dont really look like mixed, it is possible for pure Indonesians to have those feature without mixing, dunno anything about european preference however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia