Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 03:13 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,103,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
So you think US-China are not up to big conflict in SCS? How do you know it? If the following things happened, do you think Obama and Xi were involved? It would be interesting to see how the chicken game ends though if it turns out no war.

US deployed 2 carrier battle groups in SCS prior to the rulings (https://theaviationist.com/2016/06/1...er-detachment/)

China announced military exercises in SCS after the rulings ( China to close part of South China Sea for military exercise )
But the carriers have all left. And China continues with its military exercise. I am sure land reclamation of Scarborough reef is next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 07:01 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,880 times
Botticelli......Excellent observation on Trump. I certainly don't agree with everything he says, and personally I don't like him, but he is not stupid and he just doen't say whatever pops into his head. He is playing to an audience that is fed up with the current state of America, and the growing divide between the lower and upper classes. Many people like Xeric are liberals that have probably not even heard Trump speak or read an article other then MSNBC or another liberal media outlet that they feel more comfortable reading.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:00 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,957,015 times
I AM a liberal but I wouldn't vote for Trump even if he shared every one of my political views and was running as a Democrat. (Frankly, he may share my views, he's changed his positions and party affiliation so many times that I don't know what he truly believes.) Trump is simply tempermentally unfit to hold any political office, let alone the most powerful office in the world. A bully, an extreme narcisisst, a serial liar, a ruthless businessmen who doesn't pay his bills, and a person who has never learned the old addage: it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

But if you think his comments calling Carly Fiorina ugly, accusing an American judge who ruled against him of being a vengeful Mexican, implying that Ted Cruz's father was involved in the JFK assasination based on a photoshopped National Enquirer image, and many other assinine remarks are the work of a brilliant political mind than by all means vote for him.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:12 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,957,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Yeah, a girl who's macho, and a bunch of Chinese leaders who act like eunuchs. Just yesterday, Tsai just declared that Taiwan is an "independent country" without first acknowledging the 92 consensus. This is an indirect way of declaring Taiwan independence. This technically crosses China's red line condition under its Anti-Seccession Law. I am predicting that the old eunuchs in Beijing will do absolutely nothing. Does Xi need Tsai to come into his bedroom and smear her TI manure directly on his fat face beforenhe does something? China is even scared to place any sanction on Taiwan. All it can do is the idiotic demand for apologies from useless entertainers. WHo cares? I have a feeling that Chinese leaders have their money and families in the US and so they don't dare stand up for Chinese interest for fear of the US taking these sons and daughters of high Chinese official hostage. It's really pathetic.
Maybe you can goad the Chinese leaders into invading Taiwan to prove their manhood Or acknowledge the basic rights and aspirations of the Taiwanese people to control their own destiny and live in peace. Heck, as far as I'm concerned they can even declare their independence (politically incorrect as that notion may be). If the Chinese leaders are smart enough to not go to war over this than I give them credit.

Last edited by xeric; 07-24-2016 at 09:33 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 01:50 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Maybe you can goad the Chinese leaders into invading Taiwan to prove their manhood Or acknowledge the basic rights and aspirations of the Taiwanese people to control their own destiny and live in peace. Heck, as far as I'm concerned they can even declare their independence (politically incorrect as that notion may be). If the Chinese leaders are smart enough to not go to war over this than I give them credit.
If Taiwan declares independence, there is 95% chance that PRC will go to war.
It is probably one of the very few situations China would go to war, despite its reluctance for all these years.

Best scenario is to keep the status quo. I myself think Taiwan should be allowed to go separate if its people choose so, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
I don't think you are paying attention. Trump CAN'T keep his mouth shut and most of what he says is incredibly idotic. It will be his undoing.
most of Clinton says is pure liars. Do you prefer those?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
its you or Chinese brethren who are rude.. that's why the Chinese are always hated
The Chinese are hated? By who? A bunch of western nations who pretend they are the "world??

A big power doesn't mind being hated. You think America and the UK before that were not widely hated? How much is the hatred from small countries worth? Zilch.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:05 PM

549 posts, read 722,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
The Chinese are hated? By who? A bunch of western nations who pretend they are the "world??

A big power doesn't mind being hated. You think America and the UK before that were not widely hated? How much is the hatred from small countries worth? Zilch.
Hmm, I would say that immediately in the region, China is hated by the Vietnamese, Filipinos, Thai, Koreans, Japanese and many of the island nations in the Pacific.

I'm pretty sure that Americans (people not politicians) don't have such an angry outlook of the Chinese nor does most of the western nations (Europe).

Old 07-25-2016, 06:08 PM

549 posts, read 722,327 times
Again I'm talking policy, not the individuals.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:26 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
If Taiwan declares independence, there is 95% chance that PRC will go to war.
It is probably one of the very few situations China would go to war, despite its reluctance for all these years.

Best scenario is to keep the status quo. I myself think Taiwan should be allowed to go separate if its people choose so, but I doubt it will ever happen.
Taiwan is de facto independent. Clarification: Taiwan cannot declare independence primarily because of China, and NOT because the Taiwanese people do not have that desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia