Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 01:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Tzaphkiel rather than arguing the minutae of covid statistics which you are I know will come to nothing, perhaps you could share your reasoning for not wanting to have the vaccine as you stated the reasons are numerous in post #3440
The poster you are addressing has a long history of not responding to questions, as evidenced above.

Yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 01:58 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Shown below are examples of demonizing and otherizing.
where others are called "truly evil" with "rancor and disdain and castigation"

where your own views matter, but other views do not
"their many and varied reasons are totally irrelevant"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They are delaying or blocking the achievement of herd immunity to an extremely deadly and very contagious virus. Their many and varied reasons are totally irrelevant to their egregious disregard for their potentially deadly impact on others, especially the more vulnerable members of society.
Quote:
No there is not when what you are opposing is heinous and dangerous. Not to cast aspersion on it would be negligence. Your false idealistic "always be kind" BS is beyond annoying and completely devoid of any practical understanding of human society and its functional requirements. There is a functional utility to aspersions and rancor and disdain and castigation for what is truly evil in the world.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:04 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
If you or others on this thread are unaware of the numerous reasons people have, which appears to be the case, then maybe start a thread on that and learn something. But that might require (gasp) actually considering and acknowledging other viewpoints. That does not appear to be a strong suit in this thread.
I'm interested in YOUR viewpoint.

I'm not interested in random conspiracy theories floating about the internet.

You brought it up. So fill me in.

If your are going to make a statement then defend it.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:18 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Shown below are examples of demonizing and otherizing.
where others are called "truly evil" with "rancor and disdain and castigation"

where your own views matter, but other views do not
"their many and varied reasons are totally irrelevant"
Oh grow up. If one of the reasons an anti-vaxer caused my wife to get Covid and die, I wouldn't give a rat's behind what their GD reason was. Your virtue signaling BS is tedious and annoying.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:27 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,260 times
Quote:
Oh grow up. If one of the reasons an anti-vaxer caused my wife to get Covid and die, I wouldn't give a rat's behind what their GD reason was. Your virtue signaling BS is tedious and annoying.
Taking the Lord's name in vain really drives the point home.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm interested in YOUR viewpoint.
I'm not interested in random conspiracy theories floating about the internet.
You brought it up. So fill me in.
If your are going to make a statement then defend it.
views are discussed on CD, not individual people.
start a thread if you are actually interested. to discuss the topic and views.

it would be a good discussion, many would be interested in reading and participating.
perhaps from the view of "why isn't the vaccine mandatory" or "why aren't vaccines mandatory" or "why aren't there laws requiring vaccine"

have you given much thought to those?
[generic you, question for anyone]

Old 05-14-2021, 02:35 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:
How convenient.

YOU are the one who got personal, defensive and accusatory when Mystic made a generalized statement NOT directed at you but at those putting others in danger; you wrote multiple posts about it, and then when I ask you to tell us what your issues with it are, you clam up and refuse to discuss it and tell me to go away and start a thread on it.

I've asked YOU what your views are. That would be participation.
Any reason you are unwilling to share your views?
I'm happy to share mine.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Taking the Lord's name in vain really drives the point home.
Not really, but it releases some adrenal stimulation to frustratingly idealistic virtue signaling nonsense. I suspect your OCD about criticizing others' postings serves a similar purpose.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
But each of us posts OUR views on the subject, except you. You apparently see your participation as criticizing everyone's posted views and hiding your own. Discussion forums are for exchanging our views but you seem not to want to participate that way. Why is that?

Old 05-14-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Not really, but it releases some adrenal stimulation to frustratingly idealistic virtue signaling nonsense. I suspect your OCD about criticizing others' postings serves a similar purpose.
here's the thing. if someone has an anger problem, for instance, and has a litany of all the things that "make them angry" and blames all those things for "making them angry"

the problem is not "all those things."
the problem is the person has an anger problem, and does not take responsibility for dealing with the anger problem that originates within them and is owned by them and is wholly and completely theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism