Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 04:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

And another person has sussed out a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 04:57 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
My observation is that I asked you to clarify what goes into those decisions and you were unwilling or uncomfortable to do do so. Edit. Since you keep repeating these so-called reasons without stating what they actually are for no apparent reason, going forward, I'm going to assume there are none.I simply cannot be doing with these empty and meaningless games and responses. I don't have the time or inclination for it.Happy Friday.
that's what i mean about an unwillingness and intolerance and inability to acknowledge and recognize and consider that people have reasons for choosing not to get the vaccine, including those who work in healthcare and in the medical field. The knee jerk reaction instead, for instance above, is annoyance and irritation and denial and dismissal. or as in an earlier post #3454 anger and cursing and swearing and name calling.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-14-2021 at 05:05 PM..

Old 05-14-2021, 05:07 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Quote:
Sad then that you have either not taken into account or disregard the efforts of those that have worked so hard in the last year to get us back to normal.

The Scientists who I can tell you first hand have worked non stop and flat out to develop vaccines, antibodies and treatments to combat covid.

The doctors and nurses who worked long shifts, double masked, risking their own lives with many who now need counselling for the trauma they experienced and deaths they witnessed.

Those that are being vaccinated are contributing to acheiving herd immunity: ie we COULD be in position where covid is so reduced that we get life back to normal or there's even a very slim change we can eradicate it all together.
That's the responsible human thing to do.
bold above
yes, that is me.
yes, i am one of those people

Old 05-14-2021, 05:07 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that's what i mean about an unwillingness and intolerance and inability to acknowledge and recognize and consider that people have reasons for choosing not to get the vaccine, including those who work in healthcare and in the medical field. The knee jerk reaction instead, for instance above, is annoyance and irritation and denial. or as in an earlier post anger and cursing and swearing and name calling.
These reactions you self-righteously call out are largely the result of your provocation, troll-like posts, and accusations without substance or content in your OCD idealistic virtue-signaling as if you are somehow above the fray. You are a chief instigator.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:10 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:
that's what i mean about an unwillingness and intolerance and inability to acknowledge and recognize and consider that people have reasons for choosing not to get the vaccine, including those who work in healthcare and in the medical field. The knee jerk reaction instead, for instance above, is annoyance and irritation and denial. or as in an earlier post #3454 anger and cursing and swearing and name calling.
And you refuse to say what they are for NO REASON.

You accuse people of being irritated when you are being deliberately obtuse.

I said Happy Friday. I thought that indicated the conversation was over.

Unless you are willing to actually engage there's nothing more to say.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:22 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
I understand not getting vaccinated. Wait till 100,000,000 people get the shot and see the results. The numbers are in. We put ourselves in more danger driving a car. We put others in more danger than driving the car by not.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:39 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
bold above
yes, that is me.
yes, I am one of those people
If you are one of those people, thank you very much for your efforts! But if you did NOT get vaccinated, you are also part of the continuing problem.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Tzaphkiel is a self-professed Reiki Master. I suspect her work is at one of those wellness centers which dot the burbs these days.

ETA: Neglected to capitalize the "m" in "Master." I guess she considers some words are worth capitalizing...

Old 05-14-2021, 10:34 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
And you refuse to say what they are for NO REASON.

You accuse people of being irritated when you are being deliberately obtuse.

I said Happy Friday. I thought that indicated the conversation was over.

Unless you are willing to actually engage there's nothing more to say.
We all know that of a person is charged with an offense or crime all they need is to tell the judge that they have a good reason for doing so and the charges are all dropped with no requirement to explain your good reason.

The reasons I have heard are either they don't want to be microchip ed and control by the global powers or that covid is a hoax and no one has ever had it. Those aRe the main ones I've heard. Unless there are better ones than those I am not willing to accept the blanket statement that there are many good reasons. My neighbour across the street did not get a polio vacines because he was afraid of needles and spent the remainder of his short life in an iron lung.

It's not those who don't wish to catch covid that should stay isolated at home but those that refuse to wear a mask or have the vacines and especially those that attack and abuse retail clerks and people of Asian descent.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:34 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
So now an atheist has posted that their family members have not gotten vaccinated.
i am curious elyn (or anyone) how do you feel about labeling people who have not gotten vaccinated (in this case all your family members) as "irresponsible" "not among the intelligent" "evil" "probably a Trump supporter" "a clear and present danger to the population" "ignorant" "intransigent" "unconscionable" "genuine harm to others" grouped together with "racists and anti-Semites" "heinous" "dangerous" "negligence" "rancor" "disdain" "castigation" "truly evil"

Thus far that has been the knee jerk reaction on this thread. and with no recognition or acknowledgement of the many and various reasons why people may not have gotten the vaccine.
Ironically your usual knee jerk response with your usual listing of negative words and phrases you repeat simply because do not like them.

Quote:
If you or others on this thread are unaware of the numerous reasons people have, which appears to be the case, then maybe start a thread on that and learn something. But that might require (gasp) actually considering and acknowledging other viewpoints. That does not appear to be a strong suit in this thread.
We know many of the reasons, most of them are not valid, most of them ignore the experts who know what they are talking about.

And should you be talking about considering and acknowledging other viewpoints while ignoring what people are actually writing? Simply listing words and phrases you do not like is not considering and acknowledging other viewpoints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism