Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2022, 12:34 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
People who invade others land do forced conversions. That is not even a thing any more, why are you still in the 8th century?
Well, you're Hindu. Hinduism began some time between 2300 B.C. and 1500 B.C. Is it not worthwhile since it dates back to FAR before the 8th century?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 03:12 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
Quote:
People who invade others land do forced conversions. That is not even a thing any more, why are you still in the 8th century?
because if we look at recent times, the argument doesn't hold up. Anti-religious countries are as bad as my-religion-or else countries. But the double talk anti-god people use is as gyrating as any theist I know.

Example of gyrating double speak of religious atheism ...

"Stating religions do not cause wars is not stating why ..."

I mean ... its over at that point. Religion is not why. Its the weapon, it is not why.

Either way CB it doesn't matter. Seeking the best answers we have isn;t why some are here. They are seeking to save us with their statement of belief about god. Because we don't know any better.

Sound familiar?

Religions causing wars is only for surface level thinkers. Usually people out for an agenda. or stupid plain ...

but, badland did say he doesn't think religions causes wars so that is that.

Old 06-13-2022, 03:18 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
because if we look at recent times, the argument doesn't hold up. Anti-religious countries are as bad as my-religion-or else countries. But the double talk anti-god people use is as gyrating as any theist I know.

I mean ... its over at that point. Religion is not why. Its the weapon, it is not why.

Either way CB it doesn't matter. Seeking the best answers we have isn;t why some are here. They are seeking to save us with their statement of belief about god. Because we don't know any better.

Sound familiar?

Religions causing wars is only for surface level thinkers. Usually people out for an agenda. or stupid plain ...

Then why is he still talking to himself?

Old 06-13-2022, 03:48 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times
Quote:

Sound familiar?

Once again you missed what I posts. According to historians and journalists religion is one of the causes for war. I did say though that religion was neither the main orbonky cause for wars.

The rest of your post is your usual nonsense that makes very little sense.

Please do not tet to explain md to someone else because you do such a terribble and in coreect job of doing that

As to the causes of war

https://owlcation.com/social-science...easons-For-War

https://study.com/learn/lesson/war-causes-factors.html

When i disagreed with CB2008 when she claimed that religion was never a cause for war was because her statement disregards what scholars state. It was not a clainm I made up. I do not claim ro be an expert on wars or their causes so when she made that absolute claim I searched to see if she was corrorct.

Old 06-13-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Once again you missed what I posts. According to historians and journalists religion is one of the causes for war. I did say though that religion was neither the main orbonky cause for wars.

The rest of your post is your usual nonsense that makes very little sense.

Please do not tet to explain md to someone else because you do such a terribble and in coreect job of doing that

As to the causes of war

https://owlcation.com/social-science...easons-For-War

https://study.com/learn/lesson/war-causes-factors.html

When i disagreed with CB2008 when she claimed that religion was never a cause for war was because her statement disregards what scholars state. It was not a clainm I made up. I do not claim ro be an expert on wars or their causes so when she made that absolute claim I searched to see if she was corrorct.
yeah, every major war I ever saw was about power, greed, resources.

Religion is the weapon. But I get it, you need it for the narrative. That's why I will continue to answer then anti-religious people killed far more in the last 150 years or so.

neither is totally true, but I understand we need to sell a belief the best way we can.

Old 06-13-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
because some people have an agenda. In a room, with a chalk board and textbooks, it becomes real clear.

Way back I went and looked deeper in the wars that were blamed on religion. The major ones had nothing to do with religion. I wouldn't classify the crusades' as religion motivated. Muslims controlled the land and the Christians wanted it back.

But then again I don't have stake in a statement of belief about god (yes or anti) so its not even a consideration for me. That land would make whoever won it or held it a great leader to pay homage to. They would go down in history as one of the great people of all time. That was the reason. religion was the motivator/weapon.

Thats why the anti-religious countries and theist run countries kill educated thinkers. We kind of need people to explain themselves past how they feel about it.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 06-13-2022 at 05:42 PM..

Old 06-13-2022, 06:54 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times
Quote:
because some people have an agenda. In a room, with a chalk board and textbooks, it becomes real clear.

Way back I went and looked deeper in the wars that were blamed on religion. The major ones had nothing to do with religion. I wouldn't classify the crusades' as religion motivated. Muslims controlled the land and the Christians wanted it back.

But then again I don't have stake in a statement of belief about god (yes or anti) so its not even a consideration for me. That land would make whoever won it or held it a great leader to pay homage to. They would go down in history as one of the great people of all time. That was the reason. religion was the motivator/weapon.

Thats why the anti-religious countries and theist run countries kill educated thinkers. We kind of need people to explain themselves past how they feel about it.
Why not use the simple authoritarian dictadorship insteasd of your favourite term anti religious plud theists. It is more accurate description wven if it does not fit into your agenda or political view.

Are you claiming that the articles listing religion as a cause for wars as false? And your first paragraph made zero sense and was pountless.
Maybe you should spend more effort on going after those you claim are anti God rather than at all atheists in sime weird attempt to try to show yourself as the rational moderate which you are not. A rational.person does not go after a wasp with carpet bombing .

And pleace let me know what my agenda is. Come on out and be honest and put it in to your own words. It should be easy for you to do.

Old 06-14-2022, 03:34 AM

4,598 posts, read 6,354,969 times
Quote:
Define "True Religion".
Do you have any personal experience with Evangelical con men who are buying jet planes?
Personal experience, no. However a simple search on "preachers buying jet airplanes", will give you plenty of reading material, from various sources.

Old 06-14-2022, 03:35 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Just because you do not listen does not mean others also do not.

Old 06-14-2022, 04:36 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Personal experience, no. However a simple search on "preachers buying jet airplanes", will give you plenty of reading material, from various sources.
You should know by now simple searches can yield almost anything you ask for. Some of it will even be true. Some con men can be preachers, even Presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism