Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 PM

500 posts, read 2,859,395 times

Advertisements

I don't care about any Holy Book, and that makes me happy and trouble-free.

Because Holy Books start Holy Wars such as the one here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 10:08 PM

192 posts, read 864,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Another good thing about being agnostic is the ability to converse without use of scripture.
And that's priceless!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
All people like you do is hide behind their book of choice.

Other religions say YOU will burn in hell because you don't believe in THEIR religion. Do you care? No.

And just like you don't care what their book says, we don't care what your book says.
I don't actually have a book.

And I thought I posted a legitimate question.

I don't understand your second paragraph. How exactly do you know I don't care about this subject? You'll recall that I was the one who asked in the first place.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:26 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,935,715 times
Here, I'll preach from a scripture. "Live long and Prosper" Mr. Spock

Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't actually have a book.

And I thought I posted a legitimate question.

I don't understand your second paragraph. How exactly do you know I don't care about this subject? You'll recall that I was the one who asked in the first place.
I edited it, I just accidentally hit the "quote" button on the wrong person, sorry. I don't have time to look at it so I just removed your quote. It was meant for the guy that said we are going to hell because of what his holy book of choice said.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Here, I'll preach from a scripture. "Live long and Prosper" Mr. Spock
LOL!!!!!!!! Is "Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker!" in there, too?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
I really don't fit in any religion, because the religions persecute and exclude my lifestyle. How could I allow myself follow a diety that turns to his congregation and say chastise him! Bitter, maybe. But I definately will not give up my lifestyle because of the congregation's prejudice!
Any more willing participants........
You'd be more than welcomed in my temple... one of our Rabbis is a lesbian.

As for the original question, I often call myself an Agnostic Jew - which sounds weird, but actually makes perfect sense to me! Basically I'm culturally and spiritually Jewish, but have no definite stance on the whole "Supreme Being" idea. I live by the Golden Rule mostly, with a bit of Torah & Old Testament mixed in... LOL.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,000 times
Default All religions scare me...

Just don't trust orgainized religion and never will, period. Who knows what exists if anything, maybe someone made it up so society would behave itself? Maybe they wanted to believe they see their loved ones again and this gave hope to people who has lost someone? I dunno, don't claim to have all the answers to life, but I just think its all by accident and that many societys have died out and burnt up and we are nothing really new here or as advanced as we could of been or maybe even were at one time.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:18 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,343,744 times
Quote:
I'm getting tired of the Christian view. Let me hear about the Atheist/Agnostic point of view. Is there a "diety" called god? Adam and Eve, how did they populate the earth. Has anyone heard of the Gospel of Eshua(hebrew for Jesus). The Vatican Corporation has copies. I'd like to hear the Atheist/Agnostic members from this forum. What are your non-beliefs?

Nothing be Praised!
You mean Yeshua Ha Mashiach - Jesus the Messiah

Last edited by the_pines; 04-12-2007 at 02:22 PM..

Old 04-12-2007, 01:26 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
If you read the bible, it dosent really describe it as a threat. There no passage that I know of that drags it on. It simply says "believe in me and you will have ever lasting life "John 3:16". Also look at Hebrews 11:6, "without faith it is impossible to please god". also Mark 16:16. .
Here's a good question, Isn't burning forever in Hell considered everlasting life? Of course, your passage doesn't describe the qualityof the life, only that its everlasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism