Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,390,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
As far as the youth go, we already know that they have a niche there. Hell, some of those teens that many look down on even work at Atlantic Station after school and on the weekends. So, they provide the necessary services that you need when you patronize the theater, the restaurants and the shops there.
Bear in mind that teens spend a lot of money (lord knows my 17 year old daughter can). Many of AS's stores are popular with them - Old Navy, Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, H&M, 'Nanner Republic, etc. Not to mention the theater. So, I don't think the teens should be discouraged from spending time in AS. (Not that I think you were inferring so.)

Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,108,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
I really do want BringBackCobain to explain his visual definition of "thug" when looking at people. What do they have to have on or what kind of walk do they have? I have my idea of what a thug looks like but I did not notice any at Atlantic Station the other night. What does he usually see that scares him?
If you're actually a buppie, then you should know exactly know what they look like. Aspiring criminals and wanna-be thugs. Pants below the waist, doo-rag, gold teeth, flashy hat, wife beater, chains. Can't speak English. And they don't scare me. They are annoying and have no respect for anything or anyone. The last time I was at AS was in 2007 to see a movie, and these idiots were screaming in the theater, talking on the phone, playing music, running around. Then we get outside and packs of them block the sidewalk so no one can get by and are still screaming. Seriously, it wouldnt be so bad if it was one or two and they were quiet, but twelve of them, all screaming? No thanks. If I wanted to deal with that B.S., I would go to Underground. F*ck AS. That place blows.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
If you're actually a buppie, then you should know exactly know what they look like. Aspiring criminals and wanna-be thugs. Pants below the waist, doo-rag, gold teeth, flashy hat, wife beater, chains. Can't speak English. And they don't scare me. They are annoying and have no respect for anything or anyone. The last time I was at AS was in 2007 to see a movie, and these idiots were screaming in the theater, talking on the phone, playing music, running around. Then we get outside and packs of them block the sidewalk so no one can get by and are still screaming. Seriously, it wouldnt be so bad if it was one or two and they were quiet, but twelve of them, all screaming? No thanks. If I wanted to deal with that B.S., I would go to Underground. F*ck AS. That place blows.
Folks - You may not appreciate BBC's choice of words, and you may read racism into his message - but, his observations here are not completely off the mark. I don't think it's a racial thing: rude and inconsiderate people are simply that - rude and inconsiderate. I frequent AS, but we stay away on Friday and Saturday nights because of the abundance of rude and inconsiderate people.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Folks - You may not appreciate BBC's choice of words, and you may read racism into his message - but, his observations here are not completely off the mark. I don't think it's a racial thing: rude and inconsiderate people are simply that - rude and inconsiderate. I frequent AS, but we stay away on Friday and Saturday nights because of the abundance of rude and inconsiderate people.
AS doesn't have an monopoly on this kind of activity on the weekend.

All the teenagers are out on the weekends hence why most people don't go to the movies on Fri or Sat. Out here in the suburbs, most of the movie theaters have cops/sheriff cars stationed outside of them due to their behaviors.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM

989 posts, read 1,743,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
He hasn't been to AS since 2007, should we take his opinion seriously?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM

In my experience the atmosphere has not improved since 2007. And, I am sure you are right about the same atmosphere at other venues. All of this incivility? It's all FOX News' fault. :-)

Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,226 times
Default Teens

Bear in mind that teens spend a lot of money

"A lot of money" is relative. AS needs people who drop a few Benjamins on a shopping trip. After a trip to the movies, lunch at Moe's and buying some of the ugly junk they sell at Old Navy, most teens don't even drop one Benjamin. Add to that the fact that they are obnoxious and drive away upscale shoppers, I say get rid of them. Night life at AS should attract people from the nearby Symphony, Center for Puppetry Arts, Ansley Park Playhouse, Actor's Express and Ferst Center for the Arts.

Read more: [URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/1209216-atlantic-station-recapitalization-repositioning-14.html#ixzz1FGxK3MNF[/URL]

Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixeduser View Post
Bear in mind that teens spend a lot of money

"A lot of money" is relative. AS needs people who drop a few Benjamins on a shopping trip. After a trip to the movies, lunch at Moe's and buying some of the ugly junk they sell at Old Navy, most teens don't even drop one Benjamin. Add to that the fact that they are obnoxious and drive away upscale shoppers, I say get rid of them. Night life at AS should attract people from the nearby Symphony, Center for Puppetry Arts, Ansley Park Playhouse, Actor's Express and Ferst Center for the Arts.

Read more: Atlantic Station Recapitalization and Repositioning
Oh my...

Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 AM

444 posts, read 703,685 times
I'm going to say this and then I'll probably be done with this thread, because I think that it has run its' course. When people come on here and say that they want Atlantic Station to be this cool, organic, effortlessly sophisticated, urban place with authentic character and yada yada, I think that is utterly contradictory.

You speak of all of this character, coolness and flavor that you want Atlantic Station to have, but then suggest things that would totally sterilize the hell out of the experience. There is a way to find balance in how to go about getting Atlantic Station to its' full potential without alienating people and sterilizing it even more so. Hopefully, the new management team is mindful of this and will successfully achieve the right balance for everyone.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 AM

864 posts, read 1,123,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
If you're actually a buppie, then you should know exactly know what they look like. Aspiring criminals and wanna-be thugs. Pants below the waist, doo-rag, gold teeth, flashy hat, wife beater, chains. Can't speak English. And they don't scare me. They are annoying and have no respect for anything or anyone. The last time I was at AS was in 2007 to see a movie, and these idiots were screaming in the theater, talking on the phone, playing music, running

around. Then we get outside and packs of them block the sidewalk so no one can get by and are still screaming. Seriously, it wouldnt be so bad if it was one or two and they were quiet, but twelve of them, all screaming? No thanks. If I wanted to deal with that B.S., I would go to Underground. F*ck AS. That place blows.
Ok, I don't know how it was 4 years ago but I went looking for that stuff the other night just becuase people say AS is overrun and I never saw any of that. Maybe things have changed or the thugs were somewhere else but I did not see that. No one looked that ruff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta