Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,429,642 times

Advertisements

I'm just glad the people involved are the same race so we don't have to get Jessee Jackson involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,825,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I'm just glad the people involved are the same race so we don't have to get Jessee Jackson involved.
I don't think that all of the people involved are of the same race.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 PM

8,487 posts, read 15,019,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You know it was only a matter of time before someone tried to open that can of worms. It's clear race is irrelevant in this story. It's a matter of a bunch of people not having common sense. Last time I checked, stupid didn't have a color.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuresident View Post
I agree with a lot of other posters- the cop was justified to some extent. Listen and watch the multiple videos online. The girl must have done something majorly wrong, because like one of the other posters said, I have been to that and many other Ihops, waffle houses, etc at 3 in the morning, and the cops mind their own business unless you are doing something wrong.
Note: iHop management had asked the women to leave (more than once) due to their being disruptive, and they refused. The iHop personnel actually asked the police to get involved at some point.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
A White woman and a Black woman (and friends) were initially involved. The officer in question is White. The women he struck (back) was White.

It isn't/should not be a race issue, however, on one channel 2 news report, the Black woman involved was interviewed and she and her lawyer (Black) did "suggest" that the fact the officer was White might have played a roll. According to her in this report, she was just sitting there "quietly" eating a dinner and the officer just walked up to her and shoved her against the wall for no reason at all, causing her to fear that "he was going to beat her".

Enough employees and customers of the PACKED restaurant have been interviewed by just about every news station by now, however, and I think the woman's credibility is now synonymous with the sound of a flushing toilet.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:52 PM

487 posts, read 1,817,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
A White woman and a Black woman (and friends) were initially involved. The officer in question is White. The women he struck (back) was White.

It isn't/should not be a race issue, however, on one channel 2 news report, the Black woman involved was interviewed and she and her lawyer (Black) did "suggest" that the fact the officer was White might have played a roll. According to her in this report, she was just sitting there "quietly" eating a dinner and the officer just walked up to her and shoved her against the wall for no reason at all, causing her to fear that "he was going to beat her".

Enough employees and customers of the PACKED restaurant have been interviewed by just about every news station by now, however, and I think the woman's credibility is now synonymous with the sound of a flushing toilet.
Can you give us a link to said interview where she said the above-because I was watching channel 2 news also, and she did not mention the race of the officer. Also a link to the customers/ employees comments would be nice.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM

99 posts, read 213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post

In this digital age (and in a packed restaurant), she can't honestly believe that she could fib her way through innocence...unbelievable.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 PM

8,487 posts, read 15,019,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
Can you give us a link to said interview where she said the above-because I was watching channel 2 news also, and she did not mention the race of the officer. Also a link to the customers/ employees comments would be nice.
Yeah, plus the fact that officer who did the punching appears to be Latino unless he has a really bad tan. The second officer who arrived just before things got real nasty was White and a third officer who arrived while the women were being arrested was Black. Also, I go to this IHOP often and most of the staff there is Black, so if they are the ones that prompted the first woman to be ejected we can very easily leave race out of this thank you very much. SMH

Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,505,599 times
Here is the latest from the AJC>>
APD report: Women at IHOP yelled, threw punches *| ajc.com

I must be cynical and jaded but I assumed that the 'way' that she said whatever she said had something to do with the what followed.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 PM

113 posts, read 311,557 times
People always seem to take the cop's side in incidents like these. In my experiences, cops in the South are much more aggressive, much nastier and much more corrupt in the South then in other parts of the country. I've never heard of incidents like these in other areas where I've lived, like DC and Chicago, where the police all seem to be on power trips. They all seem to have God complexes down here and feel that they can get away with anything. Police corruption appears to be rampant. As far as I'm concerned, we're living in a military, police state here. It's unlike anything I've ever seen in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta