Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 PM

14 posts, read 22,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Interesting thread. Haven't been on the Atlanta boards for a while.

African countries are stabilizing economically and are growing at a very fast rate. It makes sense for other countries and states of the US to invest and or enhance relations with Africa. For Atlanta to be ahead of the game is great. Africa has it all. While the US and Europe deplete resources, Africa will still have plenty. Don't see population growths being an issue either (there is always stregnth in #'s).

From what I've read people still have a very bad understanding of the continent. Few on this thread have mentioned strenghing ties with Asia and South America. Asian firms are sucking up the resources in Africa at the moment (they are there in large #'s). Africa can feed itself but the sad truth is that many of its resources are being shipped off to Europe and the US (where do you think the US gets its coffee, cattle, diamonds, honey, cotton, flowers, leather, etc. from? Africa).

For those that have said why not jump on a plane. Or there are no ties to Africa for African Americans. Or you'll live in a mud hut. ETC. The truth is you don't have to live in a mud hut if you don't want to. Mud huts are usually in the remote parts of Africa and not everyone has AIDS either. African countries tend to have thriving cities. Africans would welcome AA and whites as they are very loving people. For African Americans that don't feel the connection you should make a trip to Africa and you would feel right at home. Europeans aren't leaving Africa at all. What was disconnecting Africans and African Americans from Africa and or each other in my opinion has to do more with language and cultural differences which are really similar but interpreted differently.
Africans are human. There are some that are loving, and some that are hateful. Stop acting as if we are above everyone else.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:34 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
YellowCherry99, I'm not sure what your point is? Africans are human yes. There are some lovable ones and not so nice ones, that is part of being human. My point in saying what I did was to communicate that there shouldn't be a disconnection amongst African Americans toward Africans and vice versa. Africans as a whole are very loving people. That is not putting anyone above any other group of people. My point is also to dispell the misconception that African Americans and anyone of any background would have an issue with African people in Africa. I'd say the same thing if we were talking about Brazil, there use to be a lot of misconceptions about that country as well. Most people think that everyone from the Carribean is Jamacian or smokes the green stuff. Not true. People need to gather other forms of information and or travel to get a better understanding of other cultures and people.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:

Genocide is not happening in all of Africa, please tell me out of how many countries in Africa genocide is happening? And there are plenty of whites that still live in South Africa like I posted. Did you see the guys on the bikes? Genocide at one point or another has happened all over the world. But I guess it must be special or unique when it happens in Africa.
You're so right. I have relatives in South Africa right now, living peacefully. They're white (my mother's siblings and parents). I agree with you. It's a beautiful place. I laugh at people's ignorance aimed at these countries. Because it's obvious, they've never been anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Tampa has it's own problems (unemployment, schools, etc). Go deal with them and come back to us when Tampa is perfect.
LOL..You kill me dude. You're right though.

Quote:
YellowCherry99, I'm not sure what your point is? Africans are human yes. There are some lovable ones and not so nice ones, that is part of being human. My point in saying what I did was to communicate that there shouldn't be a disconnection amongst African Americans toward Africans and vice versa. Africans as a whole are very loving people. That is not putting anyone above any other group of people. My point is also to dispell the misconception that African Americans and anyone of any background would have an issue with African people in Africa. I'd say the same thing if we were talking about Brazil, there use to be a lot of misconceptions about that country as well. Most people think that everyone from the Carribean is Jamacian or smokes the green stuff. Not true. People need to gather other forms of information and or travel to get a better understanding of other cultures and people.
Thank you Bayarea girl. You're so right. There are people who never left the US, and rely on TV for (mis)information. Forgive the Northwinds of the world. While he has valid points, he will not agree with yours about the other side of Africa. He's one sided about everything non-white. I noticed that. But the funny thing, he would never say it in your face (in person). That's what we call a coward in the real world. On the internet, he's a gangster.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM

538 posts, read 926,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
You're so right. I have relatives in South Africa right now, living peacefully. They're white (my mother's siblings and parents). I agree with you. It's a beautiful place. I laugh at people's ignorance aimed at these countries. Because it's obvious, they've never been anywhere.

LOL..You kill me dude. You're right though.

Thank you Bayarea girl. You're so right. There are people who never left the US, and rely on TV for (mis)information. Forgive the Northwinds of the world. While he has valid points, he will not agree with yours about the other side of Africa. He's one sided about everything non-white. I noticed that. But the funny thing, he would never say it in your face (in person). That's what we call a coward in the real world. On the internet, he's a gangster.
I would easily say anything I say on this forum to anyone in person....you see, its pretty easy when you are talking the truth. You, on the other hand, simply throw out ad hominem attacks but, both you and Girl fail to refute the fact that ethnic cleansing and genocide against whites is happening today in Southern Africa. I am not talking history....its a present day fact. You and Girl can condone such activity and personally attack me all day long but it doesn't change the facts.....oh, and by the way, you might want to check on your brothas and sistas in Rwanda, Sudan, Somalia, etc. Also, its funny how folks want to bring up slavery when Africa is the place where slavery is most prevalent today.....LMAO at the ignorance:

Slavery in modern Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-26-2011, 05:57 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,322,865 times
Quote:
Tampa has it's own problems (unemployment, schools, etc). Go deal with them and come back to us when Tampa is perfect.
Tampa has it's problems, but if we are talking about a drug addiction, Tampa is a weed user and Atlanta is a full blown heroin addict

Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 PM

199 posts, read 178,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Tampa has it's problems, but if we are talking about a drug addiction, Tampa is a weed user and Atlanta is a full blown heroin addict
What great info can one from the economic and regional power house of Tampa have for us at the terrible Atlanta? Oh, how we wish we could be on Tampa's level.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
I would easily say anything I say on this forum to anyone in person....you see, its pretty easy when you are talking the truth. You, on the other hand, simply throw out ad hominem attacks but, both you and Girl fail to refute the fact that ethnic cleansing and genocide against whites is happening today in Southern Africa. I am not talking history....its a present day fact. You and Girl can condone such activity and personally attack me all day long but it doesn't change the facts.....oh, and by the way, you might want to check on your brothas and sistas in Rwanda, Sudan, Somalia, etc. Also, its funny how folks want to bring up slavery when Africa is the place where slavery is most prevalent today.....LMAO at the ignorance:

Slavery in modern Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ok, we get it. People with dark skin are inferior to white people. Let move on. Jeeze.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM

538 posts, read 926,180 times
Quote:
Ok, we get it. People with dark skin are inferior to white people. Let move on. Jeeze.
I see you are also having trouble dealing with the facts that I have posted....don't feel ashamed....many fear the truth and choose to avoid it as a defensive mechanism to maintain their strained world views.

"There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world."
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-26-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
I see you are also having trouble dealing with the facts that I have posted....don't feel ashamed....many fear the truth and choose to avoid it as a defensive mechanism to maintain their strained world views.

"There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world."
Thomas Jefferson
I am just agreeing with you man. There is no refuting they are just monkeys, don't you agree?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:51 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
I am just agreeing with you man. There is no refuting they are just monkeys, don't you agree?
What an awful thing to say. The land and people of Africa have probably been more abused than any area on the planet. They've been treated horribly by Arabs, Europeans, North and South Americans, Asians, and in many cases their own leaders. And think of all the natural resources that have extracted as well.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta