Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfilms View Post
this thread is copyright infringement, and HIGHLY annoying.

would you like it if I started a thread and I posted a whole book ????
The original poster appears to have posted an article they had written themselves. While a link might have been better, that strikes me as legal.

I find some of the threads on the Atlanta forum to be annoying once in a while, but when I do I simply stop reading them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 06:09 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,219,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
No.
Geographically, south Florida is part of the southeast. That's not hard to see when you look at a map. You can't get more southern and eastern than it.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
You're a hoot! Though, I have to agree with you that if we base geographical inclusivity on the similarity of the folks in the area, then South Florida would definitely NOT be in the southeast, regardless of geography!

Ever been to the central and south FL cities of Pahokee, Clewiston, Arcadia, Sebring, Belle Glade or Brooksvillle? Once you get off the coast, FL is as southern as anywhere else in the region.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Ever been to the central and south FL cities of Pahokee, Clewiston, Arcadia, Sebring, Belle Glade or Brooksvillle? Once you get off the coast, FL is as southern as anywhere else in the region.

I will admit--the spine of Florida (in Central+South Florida) is Southern.
Dammit.

Last edited by aries4118; 07-21-2011 at 06:35 AM..

Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Seriously people - are you really discounting Florida and its eclipsing of Buckhead as a Southeastern state because it's not as "Southern" culturally?

Sorry it does not work like that. Florida is not only a Southeastern state, it's the most Southeastern state. The culture is irrelevant and the fact is that there is a lot of wealth in that state with incredibly expensive zip codes dotting the coasts of that state.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,988,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Seriously people - are you really discounting Florida and its eclipsing of Buckhead as a Southeastern state because it's not as "Southern" culturally?

Sorry it does not work like that. Florida is not only a Southeastern state, it's the most Southeastern state. The culture is irrelevant and the fact is that there is a lot of wealth in that state with incredibly expensive zip codes dotting the coasts of that state.
Umm, most of us are saying that Florida IS indeed Southeastern.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Umm, most of us are saying that Florida IS indeed Southeastern.
Yep, and there has been a lot of humor in the discussions, which, for this forum, is a nice welcome!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:30 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Yep, and there has been a lot of humor in the discussions, which, for this forum, is a nice welcome!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM

382 posts, read 489,144 times
Nice that that's happening to Atlanta. Now it just needs to happen to Nashville. Just hoping one day.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:53 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,949,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I will admit--the spine of Florida (in Central+South Florida) is Southern.
Dammit.
Finally!!! I thought I was going to have to post this:

Quote:
Due to the migration patterns of the last half-century, some areas of Florida and Texas are often no longer included under the term. However, there are certain parts of these states, such as East Texas, the Florida Panhandle, and North Central Florida that retain cultural characteristics of the Deep South.

Deep South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
The traditional southern culture is found primarily in the northern, rural sections of Central Florida; mainly Polk County, Volusia County, Lake County, and pockets of Orange County. The culture dominated by urban living and national and international migration is primarily in Orlando and its surrounding suburban areas.

Central Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
North Central Florida also has many small turn-of-the-century towns that represent the culture of the Deep South.

North Central Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta