Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 01:31 PM

719 posts, read 1,333,137 times

Advertisements

Been to all of em.... Starbucks how bland???? ugh LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 02:39 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellanta View Post
Going to Apple Bee's on Pleasant Hill Rd... That's classy LOL
Keep the standards low

Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellanta View Post
it depends on my mood

Cafe Intermezzo
Apres Diem
Fellinis in the Summer
The Darkhorse if I want to get drunk
The Majestic if I'm hung over.
Starbucks always works depending on location... I like the 24 hour location...
Heh, you criticize the guy's taste and then bring up Starbucks and the Majestic...

Applebees is probably a primo spot for sheer variety alone. You got the young suburban coeds hanging out as well as the divorced soccer moms on the prowl. Very few places ITP draw a diverse crowd if you want to get down to it. Stop being an elitist or continue overpaying for your dinner and drinks at the "trendy" spots.

The Majestic is simply an overpriced hipster Waffle House.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Why are these things considered impossible to find? My husband is certainly all of them, and I've met many men over the years who are. My husband is the funniest man I know, which is one of the reasons I married him. He's also tall and well-educated, ambitious and hard-working. Personally I'd almost consider those traits to be the bare minimum they're so commonplace.
Your husband is white. We not talking about white guys.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
It is likely a testament to the company he keeps.
lol really? There is such a thing as Wanting too much. Its ok to WANT TOO MUCH, its just getting upset when you cant find what you want is the kicker. Its a lot of things many people WANT, but who says we deserve it? We all have to EARN the things we WANT. How do these women EARN this Mr. Perfect man they WANT? It seems people do not want to earn things anymore and want thing GIVING to them. I mostly hang with women, but most of the dudes I know are Alpha a$$holes like me. Very abrasive types, but Ive also known suckas & lames as well. You probably have known both types as well. I have not meet the so called "nice sweet guys" who has "street smarts" or any sort of "game". So when I see these crazy list called "basic list" it kinda says a lot about where people overall are heading....I think many men are not being men anymore. Doing/Saying things to please others instead of pleasing themselves.

Last edited by FlyiMetro; 12-15-2011 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 PM

9 posts, read 27,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
lol really? There is such a thing as Wanting too much. Its ok to WANT TOO MUCH, its just getting upset when you cant find what you want is the kicker. Its a lot of things many people WANT, but who says we deserve it? We all have to EARN the things we WANT. How do these women EARN this Mr. Perfect man they WANT? It seems people do not want to earn things anymore and want thing GIVING to them. I mostly hang with women, but most of the dudes I know are Alpha a$$holes like me. Very abrasive types, but Ive also known suckas & lames as well. You probably have known both types as well. I have not meet the so called "nice sweet guys" who has "street smarts" or any sort of game. Its like the Thug with a College Degree combo...thats just weird.
So, how do "these women EARN this Mr. Perfect?" I have always thought that I just need to be the type of woman that the type of man I want is attracted to (hope that makes sense). If I want a man who takes care of himself and is physically fit, I should do the same. Are you saying there are other things women should do to EARN such a man?

I won't speak for all women, but I am happy to compromise on some of the things that I really want in a guy. I would prefer to date a man who is at least 6'2" (i'm 5'10" flat footed), but I have dated guys my height and even 5'9" (can't go any shorter than that - I feel like an amazon). I have dated outside of my religion - although I would prefer to date a guy who shares my beliefs. There are some things, though, that are completely non-negotiable. He must treat me - as well as others - with respect, and he must have a good heart.

I may be guilty of wanting too much, but I have been blessed to have dated a few great guys in the past - for some reason my personality tends to work well with officers in the military. They are confident, ambitious, intelligent and extremely respectful. And they look really handsome in their uniforms. Maybe I should blame them for setting the bar so high....

Old 12-15-2011, 09:00 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,764 times
Quote:
Your husband is white. We not talking about white guys.
Do you realize what you just said? Are you actually implying that black men can't be ambitious and kind? Considering that I've pretty much dated the rainbow I know this not to be true. I've met and dated plenty of hard-working, ambitious and kind black men in my day.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Many reasons.
And they are?

Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 PM

I just think it's interesting that it's okay for men to have expectations: She's got to be hot, and willing to deliver no-strings-attached-sex at the drop of a hat. Oh and she's got to be able to cook too. So it's okay to expect a woman to be attractive, sexy and domesticated. But not okay to expect a man to be ambitious and kind. Right.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I have not meet the so called "nice sweet guys" who has "street smarts" or any sort of game.
Who said anything about nice guys with "game?" I thought she said she wanted an ambitious man who is kind. I'm thinking kindness is the opposite of "game." Game (at least to me) means a guy is manipulative and deceitful, that's not something I would want in a husband and don't recall anyone else in this thread asking for it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta