Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM

528 posts, read 1,285,079 times

Advertisements

What happened to you GeorgiaLakeSearch? Did you fall in love with some girl from Forsyth county who ripped your heart out? You obviously have a gruesome hatred for Forsyth County. We literally live two miles from the border of Fulton County. Would you consider Alpharetta or Johns Creek a suburb of Atlanta? They are both two miles from me. So if I lived two miles from where I do now, it would be cool and great? You don't have to live here and no one is forcing you. Stop saying we are all a bunch of morons for choosing to live here. I can't believe the generalizations you make about everyone who lives here. This post actually makes me laugh. Believe it or not, some of us make a nice living, drive cars we paid for and have things in our homes (not mortgaged to the hilt) that robbers would love. I have never seen a city such as this with such distinction about where the cool place to live is. Granted I came from Buffalo, NY but we lived 30 mins from downtown Buffalo and we were definitely a suburb of that city. No one told me I was an exurb. Perhaps I should stop looking at this board because it drives me nuts I have to say! Maybe we could all just get along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
The problem really with the "Atlanta" market is people are considering things far out as being in the Atlanta market. If you called up a true Atlanta realtor they would not be telling you to buy a house in Forsyth. S. Forsyth is so popular on this forum but it is far out of Atlanta. People who live there say they would never commute into ATL living there, then how is it a suburb or even exurb? (Ex. Fairfield County in CT is a suburb of NYC because people live there and work in NYC. I guess having Metro North helps, but in Atlanta all the far our people are afraid urban residents(aka blacks) will take MARTA and make crime. I bet robbers steal all there expensive stuff and lug it home on the train. And if you wanted to steal good stuff more houses in intown have more expensive things robbers want like jewlery, art, silverware, crystal, etc. In the far out places they buy quantity and intown it is about quality.) Forsyth values will never hold stable like the intown neighborhoods because it is only convenient to one job center. It is also too far from the perimeter. Your only option from there is 400 really. And many parts are a good distance to 400. In Buckhead you can easily commute to Perimeter, Downtown, Midtown, Airport, Cumberland, etc. It is a much more central location. Suburbs close to the perimeter like the Camp Creek area have easier access to more job centers then Forsyth.

And the home values in Forsyth dropped way more vs. the intown & traditional suburbs. Also the generic feel of Forsyth does not help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 01:21 PM

957 posts, read 3,358,962 times
Pick up the latest school ranking from the Atlanta Magazine....

Northview is #1 in the state of Georgia Baby. Gotta love Johns Creek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Where is Northview ranked #1.....see this Georgia State Elementary Schools - GA School Rankings. Northview comes in 8th after a few other greater metro Atlanta schools. Folks be careful what stats folk throw out there....

Last edited by mrpanda; 04-26-2012 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM

230 posts, read 493,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Where is Northview ranked #1.....see this Georgia State Elementary Schools - GA School Rankings. Northview comes in 8th after a few other greater metro Atlanta schools. Folks be careful what stats folk throw out there....
In all fairness, the link you provided is for the whole state, while Atlanta magazine ranks well Atlanta (maybe?).

IMO, it is lies, damn lies, & bloody statistics. On school digger Lakeside is ranked below Druid Hills; and in Newsweek, Northview is not ranked at all.

America's Best High Schools - The Daily Beast

Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 PM

5 posts, read 7,713 times
It seems Highlands, which I bashed before, has sold two units now. Not too bad. Quicker than I expected. Maybe the market is indeed picking up a little? Let's see if this is sustainable though.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM

There is one listing from the Subdivision Jaden Woods in Johns Creek which is a very rare listing. There has not been a listing in all of 2011 and is the first listing in 2012. Jaden Woods is beautiful subdivison off of McGinnis which feeds in Shakerag, River Trail, and Northview. If you see my sales data below, you can see that the lowest price a home sold in this subdivision is $378,720. Current owners bought the home new for $452,800 on March 14, 2007 and the mortgage on this home is $251,750. I've seen this home and it just needs new paint without any structural damage. The current owners have a offer but do like the low ball price. I spoke with the seller agent and I know exactly where the bottom number is from the owners which I can negotiate. I think a property like this come up on FMLS maybe once a year to 2 years. Please PM if anyone is interested in property in Jaden Woods. I know that the sellers are motivated. The Real AVM esimated value of this property coming from the FMLS is $378,000 which i trust more than zillow.

Ashton Woods is the builder. They are the builder right now for Highlands starting in the $440ks. Their last development in Madison Park in Johns Creek that sold out started out in the base price of $379,900.

Harry Norman, Realtors® | Your Best Move in Georgia, North Carolina and International

Jaden Woods : Price $364,900
5 bed 3.5 bath 3576 sq/fr
Lot: 9456 sq/ft
built 2007

I have a willing and ready buyer right now who is exclusively looking in the Gates of Johns Creek and I have no inventory to show him right now. This is how tight the market is currently for a newer single family home feeding into the Northview HS cluster.

P.S. Bearwithme, Hope you are reading this post.

Last edited by mrpanda; 04-27-2012 at 07:15 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM

149 posts, read 280,872 times
Mrpanda:
as far as I know it is NOT swim/tennis. I would say BlackSotne is a better bet for someone looking for both. Jaden woods is highly priced with no amenities what so ever. My two cents.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM

Ridesmart... I am sorry about that, you are right about the swim/tennis as i just checked... but you must be kidding me when comparing Blackstone to Jaden Wood. Jaden Woods is a much nicer, more expensive and a newer community than Blackstone built in 2007. Perhaps you meant that Blackstone has swim/tennis while Jaden Woods doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesmart View Post
Mrpanda:
as far as I know it is NOT swim/tennis. I would say BlackSotne is a better bet for someone looking for both. Jaden woods is highly priced with no amenities what so ever. My two cents.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM

149 posts, read 280,872 times
MR Panda:
Blackstone has all the features and is 2003 built and is reasonably priced where as Jaden woods is overpriced (so is everything during the time). Somehow ashtonwoods surprises me always even during the recession times they could draw buyers like the "lamp that attracts insects" only to get burnt.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 PM

Hey cders, this will be my last post as atlantagreg has been getting some compliants and i dont want to step on his toes. I want to respect atlantagreg as i know that moderating a forum is not a fun job. It has been a great journey for me for last two years with city data to make one of the best decision in my life to move to the johns creek area. Hopefully i was able to add some value to city data atlanta by sharing my knowledge and passion about the real estate market in the new city of johns creek. City data atlanta has been fun over the last two years.

Best wishes to you all.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM

616 posts, read 1,113,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
There is one listing from the Subdivision Jaden Woods in Johns Creek which is a very rare listing. There has not been a listing in all of 2011 and is the first listing in 2012. Jaden Woods is beautiful subdivison off of McGinnis which feeds in Shakerag, River Trail, and Northview. If you see my sales data below, you can see that the lowest price a home sold in this subdivision is $378,720. Current owners bought the home new for $452,800 on March 14, 2007 and the mortgage on this home is $251,750. I've seen this home and it just needs new paint without any structural damage. The current owners have a offer but do like the low ball price. I spoke with the seller agent and I know exactly where the bottom number is from the owners which I can negotiate. I think a property like this come up on FMLS maybe once a year to 2 years. Please PM if anyone is interested in property in Jaden Woods. I know that the sellers are motivated. The Real AVM esimated value of this property coming from the FMLS is $378,000 which i trust more than zillow.

Ashton Woods is the builder. They are the builder right now for Highlands starting in the $440ks. Their last development in Madison Park in Johns Creek that sold out started out in the base price of $379,900.

Harry Norman, Realtors® | Your Best Move in Georgia, North Carolina and International

Jaden Woods : Price $364,900
5 bed 3.5 bath 3576 sq/fr
Lot: 9456 sq/ft
built 2007

I have a willing and ready buyer right now who is exclusively looking in the Gates of Johns Creek and I have no inventory to show him right now. This is how tight the market is currently for a newer single family home feeding into the Northview HS cluster.

P.S. Bearwithme, Hope you are reading this post.

Desperation is a stinky cologne Mr. Panda. And this post reeks of it. Are you now reduced to trolling message boards for business? Wow. Things must be going really well for you in Johns Creek.

LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta