Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM

957 posts, read 3,357,875 times

Advertisements

http://www.ashtonwoodshomes.com/imag...plan_final.pdf

Back in 2010, I made a offer on one of the lots in the Preserve. Back then Bowen family homes owned the development before going under. I am very lucky that the builder did not accept my offer and new developer, Home South Community priced the homes $30,000 less than my offer. I put in an offer on lot #16. The subdivision only has 24 homes, but i knew that new home development are rare in Johns Creek and this particular subdivision fed into Northview High.

I noticed across the street back in '09 a parcel of land where the builder went belly up. I knew Peachtree Residential was interested in this site, but i am suprised that Ashton Woods won the bid over Peachtree Res. Ashton Woods is the builder of Madison Park of Johns Creek and Jaden Woods of Johns Creek. I have high respect for this builder in terms of quality.

Prices are not out yet for this new subdivision "Highlands of Johns Creek, but i am guessing that home prices will start anywhere in the $400s or the $500s. Any new homes feeding into Northview will high in demand in the years ahead. I am sure of this.

Northview High School is ranked #1 of all the public high schools in the state of Georgia.
If you want new and want the Johns Creek address, here is your opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM

34 posts, read 83,902 times
Mr Panda,

Of those you mentioned, are any of them Swim/tennis communities? I believe someone told me The Preserve is not. Am I correct?

Thanks,
Bearwithme

Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,373,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
I noticed across the street back in '09 a parcel of land where the builder went belly up. I knew Peachtree Residential was interested in this site, but i am suprised that Ashton Woods won the bid over Peachtree Res. Ashton Woods is the builder of Madison Park of Johns Creek and Jaden Woods of Johns Creek. I have high respect for this builder in terms of quality.
Oh that development! I watched both of those go in then fail. And there's another development at the corner of Findley and Sargent that was supposed to be high end expensive homes on tiny lots. I think they got half built out before they stopped selling. Was that ever finished?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearwithme View Post
Mr Panda,

Of those you mentioned, are any of them Swim/tennis communities? I believe someone told me The Preserve is not. Am I correct?
Highlands is not (25 homeowners isn't enough to support a pool and tennis facility ... and there isn't any room anyway). I doubt that the Preserve is either.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 PM

I agree. Preserve had 24 lots with no pool and tennis. The new highland subdivision will have 25 lots and I doubt it will have a pool and tennis. Bearwithme, I think that you mentioned how much you like Findley Oaks Elementary school. We also looked into the Preserve back in 09 and 10 as the subdivision was within walking distance to Findley Oaks. Unfortunatley, there are not much buildable land in Johns Creek so affordable new construction homes with a Johns Creek address are high in demand. The trend I am seeing is that the lots are getting smaller and prices are getting more expensive with less amenities like pool and tennis. There is more buildable land surrounding Shakerag Elementary, but the homes prices will start at a much higher price. Travistock starts in the $600s and Old Taylor Farms starts at a million. I think this is one of the reasons why Country Club Subdivisions in Johns Creek are also highly sought after. Hope that information helps.

Billl, the subdivision off of Findley and Sargent is St. Armour. A european home developer started to build there before going under. The homes are large with a unique european design priced in the $500s to $600s back in 2009/2010.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,712,763 times
mrpanda, what about JONES BRIDGE HILLS?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 PM

PKCorey,

You can also see this subdivison is not cheap for new construction. There are only 5 homes available with prices in the mid $400s. In 09 and 10, you buy a new SFR with a Johns Creek address in the mid $200s. I am afraid we will no longer be able to see subdivisions at this price point again.

Homes within the Northview cluster: Johns Creek 30097 will sell at a premium compared to the other Johns Creek Zip codes. This is why even the Gates of Johns Creek sold out of its 190 homes purely to its location premium location. There were a lot criticism for the Gates: small lots, lack of privacy, too many asians, but i knew this subdivision would sell out as it was the cheapest new SFR entry into the prestigious Johns Creek address of 30097. The Gates is also located in one of the best locations of Johns Creek.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:20 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,318,620 times
Quote:
Travistock starts in the $600s and Old Taylor Farms starts at a million. I think this is one of the reasons why Country Club Subdivisions in Johns Creek are also highly sought after. Hope that information helps.
Zillow does not show any sale in Old Taylor Farm for over a year. Zillow shows Travistock having one sale abouty a year back. I am not sure if I am reading this correctly, but this is what I am seeing.

Johns Creek is a good place to live in, and many people including me enjoy it. But there are plenty of re-sales in solid subdivisions with very good amenities, and in Northview school dsitrict, well under 300K (and around 300K with basement). Buying a new home has its own issues (my first home was new), and when you try to sell it, it will no longer be one.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 PM

FromGA,
The average home in Johns Creek is built in 1994. I think this is one of the reason why new homes are more in demand. Ten years from now a home with a Johns Creek address built in the 2010 - 2012 will be more desirable than a home built in the 90s.

Even if you look at the homes in Sugarloaf built in 2000 - 2002, you will notice that the interior of the homes start to look dated. One of the benefits of new construction is that you can design the upgrades according to your taste for a more modern look so that it will not look dated 10 years from now.

This is one of the reasons why i have only bought new homes. Amoing all the builders, I think John Wieland is the most modern in terms of interior design. i think they get a lot of their staging ideas and options from what i have seen in new California homes. Among the survivers: Peach Tree Res, Ashton Woods, and John Wieldand... I think Johns Wieland is the best.

Old Taylor Farms is also a John Wieland subdivision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
Zillow does not show any sale in Old Taylor Farm for over a year. Zillow shows Travistock having one sale abouty a year back. I am not sure if I am reading this correctly, but this is what I am seeing.

Johns Creek is a good place to live in, and many people including me enjoy it. But there are plenty of re-sales in solid subdivisions with very good amenities, and in Northview school dsitrict, well under 300K (and around 300K with basement). Buying a new home has its own issues (my first home was new), and when you try to sell it, it will no longer be one.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Homes within the Northview cluster: Johns Creek 30097 will sell at a premium compared to the other Johns Creek Zip codes.
Don't get too hung up on the Northview cluster. The Fulton school board has a bad habit of moving the boundaries around every 5 years. All the schools up there are good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta