Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
People hate Atlanta because of how Atlanta is. The majority sets the culture. Some people dont like the ATL culture. I say "so what"...
What culture has been set?Its a major city just like any other growing city with multiple cultures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Because stupid people will believe that those shows represents the entire city
They dont represent everyone in Atlanta, but one would be lying to say those types dont have a dominant presence in Atlanta.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,968 times
Quote:
They dont represent everyone in Atlanta, but one would be lying to say those types dont have a dominant presence in Atlanta.
Same can be said about a majority of most filming cities

Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly I think the "complex" mentioned in the OP is the defensiveness that is prevalent about anyone's negative view of Atlanta, no matter how miniscule the negative view is.

I frequent other city forums here and other posters do criticize those locations but it seems like there is some hyper sensitivity here that is not as common in other forums, though there are some defensive posters there as well.

I actually don't have either a good or bad view of Atlanta, it is an okay place to be but it seems that if people don't think it is the best of the best they are told, very vehemently that Atlanta is the greatest and if you don't like it you need to go back where you came from.

I actually don't see Atlanta picked on as much as any other place. Chicago gets a lot of negative backlash on these forums due to violence. Detroit gets negative comments because of practically everything that is shown on the news about them like the whole city is a run down hell hole, but in that forum people are much more realistic about what is going on in their city. As is Chicago and other smaller cities who don't have the defensiveness and sensitivity that is portrayed in the Atlanta forum. It is like a hissy fit of sorts sometimes around here, which is disheartening.

I'd rather have some bad reality shows about Atlanta than have Atlanta on the news as the place to get shot and a plethora of news outlets talking about the violence. I'd rather have hip hop love or wives or honey boo boo or whatever versus having a financial crisis and people painting all the citizens of a city as criminals or poverty stricken or living in a war zone.

Like I said, I like Atlanta alright. I don't mind the silly reality shows. I know they are not truly the reality of what Atlanta is like, just like Chicagoans know that everyone is not afraid of being shot there and Detroiters know there are good people in Detroit living regular lives like every other city.
This is what keeps the haters COMING BACK to the forum, the simple fact that Atlanta people cant get over the fact that not everyone likes Atlanta. These people are very defensive and easy to troll. Not eveyone likes your Airport, not everyone likes your version of Hip hop music, not everyone likes your expensive weeves and name brand labels, its just not everyone. Once the locals can get over that and the forum defenders chill out and let people speak their peace.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Same can be said about a majority of most filming cities
No they can not, keyword is dominate presence.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
What culture has been set?Its a major city just like any other growing city with multiple cultures.
What is Atlanta's culture locally or mainstream? keep in mind the answer isnt based on facts, but opinions and opinions only.

I could say Atlanta has a lot of ghetto people

Atl booster comes along and say "You are wrong get new friends"

Atl booster says people who dont like Atlanta are people who moved here and failed in life

Non booster asks what is the definition of a failed life? hell what is the definition of successful life, it all depends on who you ask.

ATL culture can be different depending on who you ask, the only thing you can really take into play is the numbers game and majority of opinions. Just because there is a majority opinion doesnt mean that opinion is fact and visa versa.

Everyone doesnt like everything, this included things Atlanta is known for.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,968 times
Quote:
No they can not, keyword is dominate presence.
You have a right to your opinion. Thank you very much

Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
You have a right to your opinion. Thank you very much
I know Gerry

Old 08-08-2013, 04:33 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
This is what keeps the haters COMING BACK to the forum, the simple fact that Atlanta people cant get over the fact that not everyone likes Atlanta. These people are very defensive and easy to troll. Not eveyone likes your Airport, not everyone likes your version of Hip hop music, not everyone likes your expensive weeves and name brand labels, its just not everyone. Once the locals can get over that and the forum defenders chill out and let people speak their peace.
Pretty much sounds like you are saying lets just allow people to say what they want and not disagree with what they say even if ehat they say is unfounded.
Do you really think most people who like the city care if other people don't?That not even realistic to say that.

What people don't like is people attacking ,making stereotypical remarks and acting as if all the negative things are more common than anywhere else in the U.S.

Its not being defensive.Its just being factual.A city of 5 million people has more than one culture.This is not Jackson,MS.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Pretty much sounds like you are saying lets just allow people to say what they want and not disagree with what they say even if ehat they say is unfounded.
Do you really think most people who like the city care if other people don't?That not even realistic to say that.

What people don't like is people attacking ,making stereotypical remarks and acting as if all the negative things are more common than anywhere else in the U.S.

Its not being defensive.Its just being factual.A city of 5 million people has more than one culture.This is not Jackson,MS.
Dude thats not what Im saying. Im no Atlanta hater buy a long shot, but some of YOU PEOPLE go over board with the defense instead of listening to where people are actually coming from. Yall dont listen so why should the complainers listen you guys?

Why diss Jackson Miss??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta