Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 04:41 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times

Advertisements

Another question. I know most of the commuter rail lines are north/south. Are any of them east/west ITP? Maybe those east/west lines could connect the red, gold and blue lines instead of having to go into the city to transfer.

Can someone post the rail lines that go through Cobb and Gwinnett?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 04:46 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
You are misinterpreting the statement. Let me break it down very simply so you can understand better.

If you have a $60k Benz, you have access to move around the metro area. You CAN get jobs. It might suck sitting in traffic, but you do have access. If you live in Clayton County in poverty with limited or no mass transit access, your options are severely limited. Sure that isn't the only thing holding back most Claytonites back from a Senior VP position with an IT firm in Alpharetta (heck, they can't even keep their schools accredited), but it might help a few more people keep employment.

Simply having any form of transportation is lower down the hierarchy of needs.

Understand now?
Clayton is not poor.if you compare it to the 28 county metro area or other counties in Georgia.Why you only focus on a few Northern Counties is crazy.

Douglas,Rockdale,Henry etc don't have any of these high paying IT jobs either.Nor does Fayette yet it has the second highest median income in the metro area.

Why are you discussing school accreditation when its not even an issue anymore? They had it back for at least 2 yrs now.Let it go already.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:53 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Another question. I know most of the commuter rail lines are north/south. Are any of them east/west ITP? Maybe those east/west lines could connect the red, gold and blue lines instead of having to go into the city to transfer.

Can someone post the rail lines that go through Cobb and Gwinnett?
Huh? The plans are for Commuter Rail lines radiating out every direction from Atlanta, which includes East and West. The only connections they have to the existing HRT would be at Avondale, Doraville and the Airport so I'm not sure what you mean by that could connect the lines instead of going into the city.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,747,200 times
Quote:
You are misinterpreting the statement. Let me break it down very simply so you can understand better.

If you have a $60k Benz, you have access to move around the metro area. You CAN get jobs. It might suck sitting in traffic, but you do have access. If you live in Clayton County in poverty with limited or no mass transit access, your options are severely limited. Sure that isn't the only thing holding back most Claytonites back from a Senior VP position with an IT firm in Alpharetta (heck, they can't even keep their schools accredited), but it might help a few more people keep employment.

Simply having any form of transportation is lower down the hierarchy of needs.

Understand now?
Please tell me how the schools being accredited have anything to do with not having a job. Where is the proof that Clayton students are worse than Fulton or Dekalb ones. And while I don't see a 50k Benz anywhere, I always see new cars on Clayton roads.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:20 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Huh? The plans are for Commuter Rail lines radiating out every direction from ch includes East and West. The only connections they have to the existing HRT would be at Avit ndale, Doraville and the Airport so I'm not sure what you mean by that could connect the lines instead of going into the city.
Atlanta needs more east/west lines to connect to existing stations.. I was hoping one day they could add a line from maybe Medical Center to maybe Brookhaven and then to one of the East lines. It would make it easier for someone on the Blue line to get north of the city without having to go through the city. I know heavy rail cost more so I was wondering if there were any east/ west commuter rail lines to make this cheaper

Old 11-07-2014, 05:45 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Please tell me how the schools being accredited have anything to do with not having a job. Where is the proof that Clayton students are worse than Fulton or Dekalb ones. And while I don't see a 50k Benz anywhere, I always see new cars on Clayton roads.
Bad schools are a results of incompetent local government leadership. Clayton County, despite this positive step, is a mess.

Fulton and Dekalb County schools are hardly a high bar to compare Clayton County and Clayton still fails.

How does Clayton County's average income compare to other areas? It is lower. Look at the big picture and not the "Oooooh I saw me a new car" observations.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:10 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
My question was who mostly rides that time of the night during the week? People going out to party, people leaving the airport, people going to/leaving work?
A lot of people who work in restaurants get off work around midnight and use MARTA to get home.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:21 AM

368 posts, read 539,494 times
Quote:
How does Clayton County's average income compare to other areas? It is lower. Look at the big picture and not the "Oooooh I saw me a new car" observations.

A little bit of Googling and you could answer your own question. Clayton median household income is $43,311. That's 42nd place out of 159 counties, putting it almost in the top quarter of counties in the state (26%tile). However it's much lower than other Atlanta area counties, such as Forsythe ($87,605) or Cobb ($65,522). By per capita income, Fulton is #1 and Clayton is almost exactly in the middle (49%tile).

Source: 2010 United States Census Data and the 2006-2010 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:05 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Fulton and Dekalb County schools are hardly a high bar to compare Clayton County and Clayton still fails.
I thought Fulton schools were considered top notch.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:36 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I thought Fulton schools were considered top notch.
Good catch. There is a big difference between the N fulton schools and COA schools that I was intending to reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta