Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 07:25 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,049,092 times

Advertisements

lol, I am sure plenty of this goes on but if you moved to a new county more than 30 days ago its not legal. I had the same situation and choose to sit out the election because it was too late to register once I saw that moving to a new county requires you to register again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I voted yes, I forgot Im still registered to vote in North Clayton, even though I live in Cobb. So I had to go down to Clayton to vote, totally forgot the Marta thing was going on until I got there and seen all the signs. Good for Clayton, glad I was able to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 07:31 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,352,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
This is a huge win for metro Atlanta and MARTA. It shows that people have faith in MARTA and are willing to tax themselves for transit.
It shows that Clayton County has faith in MARTA. Given the conditions in that county, I would hardly take this as a great endorsement from an educated, well-informed population. I think it will help people get to work to their fast food jobs much better now, which is what fits Clayton's needs. That being a fit doesn't mean it is a great win for other much, much more successful areas of Atlanta.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 AM

186 posts, read 349,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
It shows that Clayton County has faith in MARTA. Given the conditions in that county, I would hardly take this as a great endorsement from an educated, well-informed population. I think it will help people get to work to their fast food jobs much better now, which is what fits Clayton's needs. That being a fit doesn't mean it is a great win for other much, much more successful areas of Atlanta.
This has to be the most disrespectful post that I have ever read on this forum. Why give backhanded compliments when you can congratulate on the vote, but still have your reservations about the organization. There was no need to insult the county's populace.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:46 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
Clayton will get 7 day a week bus service starting in March 2015. That already is better than CCT, which only has 6 day a week service.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:03 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,311,460 times
You must not visit city-data atlanta very often. I've seen plenty worse comments.

And more often than not, the moderators will let those comments slip by unless challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared to Life View Post
This has to be the most disrespectful post that I have ever read on this forum. Why give backhanded compliments when you can congratulate on the vote, but still have your reservations about the organization. There was no need to insult the county's populace.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:06 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Clayton needs the bus but we need to make sure long suffering north Fulton and south DeKalb don't get shoved to the back of on rail. They've been patiently paying the freight for 45 years while Clayton stayed out.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:30 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,631,488 times
Quote:
Talk about condescending.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:34 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,352,438 times
Quote:
Which part is inaccurate? The fast food job part? Ok... add in $10 an hour call center jobs in addition to the fast food jobs. Was that hyperbole? Of course, but for the most part my statement is true. Clayton has significant economic challenges that stem from a less educated, less affluent population. This makes MARTA bus service a better fit for them than it does other northern suburbs. Who would argue that?

There is no need to get butthurt and fake outrage about the intentional use of hyperbole.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:52 AM

186 posts, read 349,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
You must not visit city-data atlanta very often. I've seen plenty worse comments.

And more often than not, the moderators will let those comments slip by unless challenged.
I know how this forum works . Just wanted to call out this particular troll on his silly statement, but I know not to feed the Atlanta room trolls too much.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:04 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,311,460 times
Logic such as what this individual has is unfortunately the rule, rather than the execption for Georgia.

It's why nothing is done about Atlanta's transportation issues, it's why Georgia's energy policy is basically to capitulate to Georgia/Southern Power, it's why Ga Tech's geniuses never hang around to create the southern version of Silicon Valley, and it's why our healthcare policy at this moment in time is...pray.

Flat-earth logic is pervasive here, like mosquitoes in a damp spring or a fungus spreading in a warm moist fall.

Quote:
I know how this forum works . Just wanted to call out this particular troll on his silly statement, but I know not to feed the Atlanta room trolls too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta