Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 06:14 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Here is what I am suggesting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Part of that Optional TOD is a Georgia Power primary substation. It is not going anywhere.
Just build off the existing ped bridge over the tracks and go east. Build sidewalk on the northside of Seaboard Ave and install a ped crossing. Eventually those apartments will be torn down, more affordable housing lost, and then MARTA/CoA could leverage the builder to fund this project via impact fees.
I don't understand why there hasn't been a serious push to, at the very least, build a pedestrian walkway roughly due east from the Inman Park station. That plus a decent sidewalk would be enough to connect to the Edgewood Retail District.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 06:20 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,694,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
I don't understand why there hasn't been a serious push to, at the very least, build a pedestrian walkway roughly due east from the Inman Park station. That plus a decent sidewalk would be enough to connect to the Edgewood Retail District.
I will add that some sort of aerial road crossing from the southside of the station, over Moreland, would be spectacular. Trying to get through the crosswalks there at Edgewood Shopping District is a massive pain the ass, and, with the apartments coming in across the street, will be an issue in the near future.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:32 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,261,599 times
Since I live on the west side of Moreland and shop at ERD I'd love to improve the pedestrian experience over there, but I think the best way to do it is with better traffic management, sidewalks, and crosswalks rather than new gerbil crossings in the sky.

But I'd love to see another entrance on the east side of the MARTA station, because it is silly to have to walk so far past the station platform to get to the entrance at the end of Seaboard.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:42 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Well you can get there from the Edgewood station.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:04 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well you can get there from the Edgewood station.
Yeah but that's a hike.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:29 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Yeah but that's a hike.
Its actually a little closer if you are going to Lowe's. Its further from the front part of Edgewood.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:08 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Since I live on the west side of Moreland and shop at ERD I'd love to improve the pedestrian experience over there, but I think the best way to do it is with better traffic management, sidewalks, and crosswalks rather than new gerbil crossings in the sky.

But I'd love to see another entrance on the east side of the MARTA station, because it is silly to have to walk so far past the station platform to get to the entrance at the end of Seaboard.
Yes, taking PEDs off the street will only increase the speed of traffic and make the sidewalks feel less inviting to people. I have no issues crossing there, but they could create a lead time for the PED phase of the signal.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:41 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,694,141 times
MARTA bill offers Atlanta ‘last-mile’ rail connectivity

Quote:
​A MARTA train would reach every job center in the city of Atlanta if voters approve a half-penny sales tax increase this fall. That’s the goal of the transit agency and Atlanta political and business leaders following legislative passage of a scaled-back MARTA funding bill.
Anyone got the rest of the text beyond the paywall?

Old 04-07-2016, 12:55 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,240,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
MARTA bill offers Atlanta ‘last-mile’ rail connectivity

Anyone got the rest of the text beyond the paywall?
Ditto, very curious if there is any new info in regards to plan specifics.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:57 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
"Every job center in the city"

Aren't there just the 3?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta