Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 05:54 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times

Advertisements

This is absurd.

I'm as anti-confederate as they come. The confederates were traitors who committed treason to preserve the institution of slavery against forced obsolescence by the USA. I really don't understand people that continue to support their cause or their flag in 2015.

That said, you do not deface a famous piece of art that took decades to carve.

Won't be happening.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:58 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,870,515 times
I think the roots of this anti-Confederacy movement are not based in the South but in URBAN enclaves infested with Liberals all over the country.

Many of you that grew up in Ranch country have probably heard the expression "don't f*** with the Bull boy, you might get the horn". Well if these Politically Correct idiots keep on the way they have been they may learn the meaning of that expression.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I think the roots of this anti-Confederacy movement are not based in the South but in URBAN enclaves infested with Liberals all over the country.

Many of you that grew up in Ranch country have probably heard the expression "don't f*** with the Bull boy, you might get the horn". Well if these Politically Correct idiots keep on the way they have been they may learn the meaning of that expression.
Nice to know you think of people you disagree with politically as vermin.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:55 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,870,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nice to know you think of people you disagree with politically as vermin.
Vermin? Where in my post did I use the word Vermin? But now that you mention it comparing these whiners to "Vermin" is an insult to Rats.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Vermin? Where in my post did I use the word Vermin?
"Infest" is a verb typically associated with vermin, or didn't you learn that out in the country.

Quote:
But now that you mention it comparing these whiners to "Vermin" is an insult to Rats.
Yep, thought so.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:44 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,739,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
I agree with most of what you said, but that carving on the mountain isn't historic. It didn't really get started until 1964 and wasn't finished until 1972. That's historic in the same way a MARTA station is historic. I agree completely that we shouldn't ignore our history, but there's a gulf of difference between learning about the mistake that was the Confederacy in a museum or a textbook, with the proper context, and memorializing the men who fought that war with a monument that was built as a defiant response to the Civil Rights movement, with the generous support of the KKK.
AHHHH!!! touché!!! And that's hilarious (historic in the same way a MARTA station is...)
DID NOT KNOW THAT about the monument. I thought it had been around for much longer. Thank you for the knowledge on that. Still think it's a nice work of art, but hate that it had to be as yet another arrogant defiant jab at Civil Rights... The arrogance and stupidity of people (especially those KKK guys. Real men hide behind no masks. Cowards.) never ceases to amaze me...

Hmmm...
That kind of changes things a little. It's not really historic. Still IS a nice piece of art that I'd hate to see go away because of the idiots who funded it. So.... Hmmm... Tough one. MAYBE it'll be okay to add more to the sculpture then. KKK wants to jab at society, making an arrogant statement by having it put up? Then how about society jab back with a jab to the face by redesigning the art to something they didn't intend? Lesson of the day: Arrogant & prideful hatred doesn't pay. It's for the weak minded, not worthy of humanity and has no place in society. And if you take pride in hatred, consider yourself less than human from now on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Confederates considered any southern unionists traitors.
Loyalists considered any Colonials traitors and vice versa.
If you were somehow able to measure it, those people currently flying the Confederate flags are probably more "pro-American" than the average American.
That is a great example of the arrogance that is hurting us all...

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Take that idiot, embarrassment of a human being, Dylann Roof (Charleston 9 Killer) for example... Claiming to do what he has to do for America, yet seen burning the American flag as he kills in the name of stupidity. He ought to just stand next to Bin Laden, Hitler and the Devil himself. He's no better than either of those 3... Prideful in his hatred (and dares to throw blame on someone else for being the problem, yet HE'S the murderer...). Humanity is definitely better off without him and anyone like him. Less fit to be human than a baboon. Wish we could get back the people he killed and turn him in, in their place... Sheesh. Sick of these terrible people crawling around in the world. Die off already.

Quote:

^^^People like this... Just retarded. This is what's wrong with the nation. Embarrassing America again...

FYI... The opinions I write about arrogant & prideful hatred aren't directed at only one particular people/race... It is directed at ALL. Hatred is for idiots. PERIOD. White, black, Asian, alien, octopus. I could care less... If you hate others, you're a dumb... & shouldn't be allowed on Earth. Go hang out with Satan, because you're no better.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:54 PM

The carving was actually started in 1928 according to wiki. It was just stopped after a while and it sat for 30 years until the GA legislature payed for a different person to continue it in 1964.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Ok for the sake of argument, let's move on. The Civil War was a turning point in American History, but until the 1960's these "heroes" were much less celebrated as historical figures. Slavery is America's original sin, it will forever define us as a nation.
Robert E. Lee has long been celebrated.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:41 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
AHHHH!!! touché!!! And that's hilarious (historic in the same way a MARTA station is...)
DID NOT KNOW THAT about the monument. I thought it had been around for much longer. Thank you for the knowledge on that. Still think it's a nice work of art, but hate that it had to be as yet another arrogant defiant jab at Civil Rights... The arrogance and stupidity of people (especially those KKK guys. Real men hide behind no masks. Cowards.) never ceases to amaze me...

Hmmm...
That kind of changes things a little. It's not really historic. Still IS a nice piece of art that I'd hate to see go away because of the idiots who funded it. So.... Hmmm... Tough one. MAYBE it'll be okay to add more to the sculpture then. KKK wants to jab at society, making an arrogant statement by having it put up? Then how about society jab back with a jab to the face by redesigning the art to something they didn't intend? Lesson of the day: Arrogant & prideful hatred doesn't pay. It's for the weak minded, not worthy of humanity and has no place in society. And if you take pride in hatred, consider yourself less than human from now on...

That is a great example of the arrogance that is hurting us all...

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Take that idiot, embarrassment of a human being, Dylann Roof (Charleston 9 Killer) for example... Claiming to do what he has to do for America, yet seen burning the American flag as he kills in the name of stupidity. He ought to just stand next to Bin Laden, Hitler and the Devil himself. He's no better than either of those 3... Prideful in his hatred (and dares to throw blame on someone else for being the problem, yet HE'S the murderer...). Humanity is definitely better off without him and anyone like him. Less fit to be human than a baboon. Wish we could get back the people he killed and turn him in, in their place... Sheesh. Sick of these terrible people crawling around in the world. Die off already.

^^^People like this... Just retarded. This is what's wrong with the nation. Embarrassing America again...

FYI... The opinions I write about arrogant & prideful hatred aren't directed at only one particular people/race... It is directed at ALL. Hatred is for idiots. PERIOD. White, black, Asian, alien, octopus. I could care less... If you hate others, you're a dumb... & shouldn't be allowed on Earth. Go hang out with Satan, because you're no better.

The south is the most patriotic part of the country. And its not the people who hate the confederate flag who are the ones most likely to be flying the American flag.

As for Roof, how many people murder 9 people in a church? Hardly a representative sample.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:51 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,262,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The carving was actually started in 1928 according to wiki. It was just stopped after a while and it sat for 30 years until the GA legislature payed for a different person to continue it in 1964.
Right, so what I said was true—despite the fact that some people had the idea to blast some faces into the side of a granite dome in the 1910s, it didn't really get started until 1964. I wonder what else was going on in 1964 that inspired them to restart the sculpting? Anything happen in 1964 that was significant, at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta