Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 03:46 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Looks like the Braves are going to Plan B.

Braves plan Zip Line at SunTrust Park
LMAO! Could you imagine??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 03:47 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
If it actually went from the Galleria to the stadium I'd be tempted

Old 03-27-2016, 10:24 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
It would be cool if it would take you straight to your seat.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:28 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
If it actually went from the Galleria to the stadium I'd be tempted
Yeah this would be a perfect alternative for the bridge over 285! $10 per ride each way, 18-and-older only, liability waiver form required. Who needs Six Flags when you've got a zip line and the Braves!

Old 03-28-2016, 02:03 PM

946 posts, read 775,777 times
Cardinal Fan in Birmingham saying I would love to drive over to Atlanta and go to the Cards Braves game April 9th. But still want go to Turner field in the middle of nowhere. I can't wait until next year. I might even become a Braves fan too and drive over several times a year.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:07 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Cardinal Fan in Birmingham saying I would love to drive over to Atlanta and go to the Cards Braves game April 9th. But still want go to Turner field in the middle of nowhere. I can't wait until next year. I might even become a Braves fan too and drive over several times a year.
Indeed, I think there will be a shift in terms of who's interested in attending Braves games. Specifically, more so from those such as yourself who live a fair distance away, and less so from in-towners.

Whether the resulting change in attendance will be a wash is, I think, too early to tell.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:46 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
I'm hoping that the area immediately surrounding Suntrust/Battery gets built up in an urban/walkable way as much as possible. So that even if it's still a drive-to island of density, it will at least be a larger island.

Also I'm hoping the bridge from the stadium to the Galleria will cause the Galleria Specialty Mall, which is currently really lame and quiet, to become something a lot better and more attractive and interesting. Maybe ditch the specialty/boutique concept, and just make it a bunch of restaurants and bars.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:47 PM

Sounds like the Braves have quite a bit in mind.

Quote:
While the Braves wouldn’t confirm whom it booked for the first concert, the club did confirm to Atlanta Business Chronicle that SunTrust Park will host standalone concerts, which would be separate from the Atlanta Braves Summer Concert Series presented by The Coca-Cola Co.

But the music won’t be exclusive to SunTrust Park when the club opens its mixed-use development, The Battery Atlanta.

The Atlanta Braves will partner with Live Nation to develop and run a 53,000-square-foot entertainment venue in the mixed-use community adjacent to SunTrust Park.

The venue will have an iconic Atlanta venue name -- The Roxy Theatre, which was in Buckhead near the intersection of Peachtree and Roswell roads.

For comparison, the venue will be slightly larger than The Tabernacle.

Atlanta Braves to use SunTrust Park as standalone concert venue

Old 03-28-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Also I'm hoping the bridge from the stadium to the Galleria will cause the Galleria Specialty Mall, which is currently really lame and quiet, to become something a lot better and more attractive and interesting. Maybe ditch the specialty/boutique concept, and just make it a bunch of restaurants and bars.
They should turn it into something like Krog Street market.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:00 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
They should turn it into something like Krog Street market.
Maybe not quite that hip, but at least get some better tenants in there. I think Big Chow Grill is about the only decent draw there right now. Other than that it's a Subway, a news stand and some yawn gift shops.

Need to get some 25-year-olds in there to totally re-think and re-model and make it appealing for more than the out of state business people who just happen to be staying right there at the Waverly.

Capitalize on the majorly increased foot traffic that will come from the Braves, and just make the whole Galleria like sort of an extension of the Battery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta