Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:37 AM

657 posts, read 1,505,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
He had time to walk the streets of Downtown extensively and see the angry black men, spend a day traveling to Callaway Gardens, see all of the "cookie cutter developments" and horrible highway signs - in a WEEKEND? Please...I agree with the earlier post that this is totally made up by someone hating on Atlanta. Period.
Why are you so defensive of Atlanta? I can understand the occasional outburst at people like myself who have had bad experiences there and you want to rectify with a positive comeback.

But even when people like pless who like Atlanta bring up something critical (and it is good to see the shortcomings of any city) you fly off the handle? It's ok to see where Atlanta needs to improve. Unless you're being paid by a local tourism board or a city-image marketing company I'm not quite sure why you get so overly defensive.

Not hating just collaborating...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 12:52 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,059 times
My questions why does every thread have to be about Atlanta's negative Why dont people ever talk about what is driving people to move to Atlanta metro area. Lets talk about the good things Downtown Atlanta area has. Lets talk about the ways that they are trying to improve downtown. This is Funny, Atlanta seems to have so many things wrong but yet people steady coming and moving here. There are more negative threads on here than positive. Why is that? . Has anyone every notice that all the negative threads have like 100 and something odd pages. But when there is a positive thread its not really that many pages.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
My questions why does every thread have to be about Atlanta's negative Why dont people ever talk about what is driving people to move to Atlanta metro area. Lets talk about the good things Downtown Atlanta area has. Lets talk about the ways that they are trying to improve downtown. This is Funny, Atlanta seems to have so many things wrong but yet people steady coming and moving here. There are more negative threads on here than positive. Why is that? . Has anyone every notice that all the negative threads have like 100 and something odd pages. But when there is a positive thread its not really that many pages.
Drama keeps people intersted.....people see alot of posts and wnats to see whats all the fuss is about.....and I think lots of people move here without fully knowing what they are getting themselves into....they heard from someone great things....they know of a couple friends of friends who moved here and are doing great things...housing is cheap compared to other places....but once they get hee and realize what they expected isnt how it is thats when the drama begins. JMO

Old 04-18-2009, 03:33 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Drama keeps people intersted.....people see alot of posts and wnats to see whats all the fuss is about.....and I think lots of people move here without fully knowing what they are getting themselves into....they heard from someone great things....they know of a couple friends of friends who moved here and are doing great things...housing is cheap compared to other places....but once they get hee and realize what they expected isnt how it is thats when the drama begins. JMO
And this is JMO. The majority of people that move here are quite happy with it. I know that's the thing so many of the posters on here don't want to hear, but there it is.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:50 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,626 times
Yes its scary... But its not that bad in the sense that crime generally happens where you wouldnt expect it, like assaults and what not. Technically some of the creepiest areas are safer than buckhead!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:06 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
And this is JMO. The majority of people that move here are quite happy with it. I know that's the thing so many of the posters on here don't want to hear, but there it is.
No they are which is why they still live here...but I answered the question about why there is so much negativity in this forum........but that is a whole other thread or many that have been posted before.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but really can predict when someone says something that is not PC about Atlanta, they are instantly branded a racist or troll.That is the ignorant person's defense: attack the poster personally instead of refuting their statement.
Ignorant person? Opinions from a legitimate poster is fine, this person knows way too much to be a VISITOR. What Visitor goes to the local library? If I go to philly or chicago I am not trying to visit their local library. Luckysnap either you a total airhead or a troll yourself. Personally everyone on here is hidden, so why make a post of the way you REALLY feel under a different name? Just say what you feel under your real screen name. Its like me coming on here and saying "Hi Im Coolyfett, all gay people need to burned because they are gay. I was visiting Atlanta and gay people were everywhere!!! yaaaaaaaay!!! Whats your opinion on this everyone??" .......................... Then when people tell me to ****, I respond with "well how come their are so many police forces in Atlanta Metro??" Are you kidding me? You would have to live here to know that stuff. The OP is not new to city-data. Think what you want Luckysnap.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM

113 posts, read 311,364 times
The original premise of this thread that downtown Atlanta is scary with so many homeless and mentally ill is 110% accurate. Downtown Atlanta is an embarrassment. I've been working downtown for 2 years and it's the worst place I've ever seen in my life. Not a day goes by without my being approached for change. So much trash. So much homeless. 5 Points and Peachtree Street at 5 points is an inner city slum in the middle of downtown Atlanta. You've got all those police and ambassadors that basically stand around all day and do nothing while the homeless beg, deal drugs, loiter, etc. Why does the city and the police have no interest in cleaning up downtown and clearing out the homeless and getting them some help?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM

217 posts, read 409,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernsee View Post
...and it's the worst place I've ever seen in my life.
Oh, come now. You just can't be serious with that. What, did you spend your entire life up until the last two years living in a resort in southern France? Then again, you found the Downtown Ambassadors to somehow be simultaneously "intimidating" and "embarrassing", invading your "personal space" by standing on public sidewalks, so maybe you are serious...Lordamercy.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 PM

217 posts, read 409,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
What Visitor goes to the local library?
Not that I think that this was the case here, but someone who's interested in modern architecture would likely be VERY interested in seeing Marcel Breuer's library downtown and/or the Scoggin, Elam & Bray library in Buckhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta