Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 PM

16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times

Advertisements

Alleged home squatters indicted, accused of million-dollar racketeering scheme *| ajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 PM

449 posts, read 1,176,546 times

Funny update on the Camp Creek squatters.

This lady is rediculous, I see why her kids turned out like that. lol @ "What is Johns Creek" - squatter "It's in North Fulton Countty" - Reporter

"Well, I've always been on this Fulton County, not that one" - Squatter

Old 10-05-2011, 01:56 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,517,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post

Funny update on the Camp Creek squatters.

This lady is rediculous, I see why her kids turned out like that. lol @ "What is Johns Creek" - squatter "It's in North Fulton Countty" - Reporter

"Well, I've always been on this Fulton County, not that one" - Squatter
Hahaha:

"Do you have a job?"
"Yes"
"What do you do?"
"I take care of my kids"
"You've got them living in a house without power..."

Old 11-09-2011, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,436 times
here goes. a couple who has lived on her parents land for years and raise a family. now there son some how got control of everything trying to move them off. after years no prove of clear title to land for son. parents no money to fight son do they have any rights.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM

562 posts, read 1,791,406 times
Fantastic they were arrested for the the 5th time? They will spend a month in jail and be back out doing the same thing.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,378 times
There are a growing amount of squatters cause our Government finds it more necassary to fuel wars than to help out it's own inhabitants, hard working people lose thier jobs, can't pay medical bills, can't even afford to feed their own children. God forbid some people move in to a dwelling that no one lives in, riddle me this, people used to live there and paid god knows the amount of money to stay there, now the bank owns it, question is, WHO PAYS FOR IT NOW ??? do they put money into their own pockets, NO tax payers are paying for it, is it really that radical of an idea that as human bein gs we can take care of each other. The real enemy wears a three piece suit. OCCUPY THE WORLD WE ARE THE 99% !!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 01:25 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,200,284 times
Actually, the concept of "adverse possession" is part of Georgia law. See Title 44, Chapter 5, Article 1 of the O.C.G.A. I'm not an attorney, so this is not any kind of legal opinion, but the concept is part of statute and accepted case law.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:06 AM

651 posts, read 1,563,450 times
This how you do it.

Buying A House For 16 Dollars - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess View Post
Just curious...is there such a thing as squatters rights in Georgia? Thanx
You mean that toothless guy at Ellis that takes a crap on the sidewalk at night? No, he has no right to do this.....you don't either if you are thinking of drilling your landlord or mortgage company for free housing...

Hope this helps...

Old 03-18-2012, 05:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,133 times
For those of us interested...Would the property listed on the tax assessment site for said county have the correct information as to the owners (or lack of)? There is a house in my neighborhood that has a sign on the door that states "This house has been abandoned" ect. and when I checked the property info the people that moved out is still listed as the owners. This is really interesting and a little hard to follow. Thanks to last post for the easy to follow explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta