Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 AM

205 posts, read 617,871 times

Advertisements

Jobert - if you aren't going to post a pic of yourself, that's ok - but you definitely can't use someone else's photo to misrepresent who you are unless you add something like, "ok this isn't me..." but add the reasons why it represents you.

So do tell? What do you have in common with the infamous Wez?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 01:00 PM

2,522 posts, read 6,038,021 times
I think it cool to post fake pics..its all in fun anyway......

Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 AM

I guess if it's obvious, like the one Jobert posted...but not everyone would know unless they watched the bachelorette that the pic was a contestant from Austin who was dishonestly participating as a bachelor when he had a livein g/f.

Now I'm thinking there's a high probability that the other pics are fake too...and there goes the credibility and purpose of this thread.

I don't have a problem with posting someone else's pic but it is breaking the rules if you don't acknowledge it as not your own; and/or add why you are using that pic because something about it represents you as a person etc.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:47 AM

2,357 posts, read 7,900,505 times
The pic I posted on the first page was fake - Mr. Hyde. I hope that was obvious. The second one was real.

As for Jobert's pic, I honestly have never watched the Bachelorette, and didn't know anything about anyone on the show, so as far as I knew, that pic was of Jobert.

Eh, no skin off my *ss though...

Last edited by twange; 08-17-2009 at 08:17 AM..

Old 08-17-2009, 08:07 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,322,756 times
I think if you want to post a real picture, go for it, it's fun and I've enjoyed it. If you post an obviously fake picture (Mickey Mouse), then it's funny, although I guess it does violate TOS. If you post a fake picture only you know is fake (your cousin), then I guess you're cautious.

If you post a fake picture of an obscure famous person just to see if people 'get it', you're kind of an a##hole, but whatever.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,021,687 times
Okay, like AchtungPV's pic was real? C'mon people, you need to know when someone is obviously pulling your leg. Try a little sense of humor while you're at it. I am glad someone got it, I like that I made someone laugh, that makes my day. It makes it worth it. I don't need credibilty in this forum, why would I? It makes no difference to me if you believe me or not.
There is a joke planted in 50% of every post of mine, some people get it all the time, most people get it some of the time. I understand that, and I'm not changing.

Truth is, I was hoirribly disfigured in an accident a few years back, and I am very hesitant to post my pic. If you really need to see for yourself, just look at my profile. I have to warn you, though.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,062,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Okay, like AchtungPV's pic was real? C'mon people, you need to know when someone is obviously pulling your leg. Try a little sense of humor while you're at it. I am glad someone got it, I like that I made someone laugh, that makes my day. It makes it worth it. I don't need credibilty in this forum, why would I? It makes no difference to me if you believe me or not.
There is a joke planted in 50% of every post of mine, some people get it all the time, most people get it some of the time. I understand that, and I'm not changing.

Truth is, I was hoirribly disfigured in an accident a few years back, and I am very hesitant to post my pic. If you really need to see for yourself, just look at my profile. I have to warn you, though.
Achtung's wasn't real? He does call himself SW Austin Thong guy, so I figured it might actually be real.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 AM

Methinks Jobert that is a tongue-in-cheek response which is half-believable, as you rightly point out - it's going to be hard to take any of your posts seriously, so now at least, I, for one know, that most of your posts are b.s. and for entertainment only.
As far as bringing in AchtungPV the pic he posted definitely says alot about his personality and he owned it. You however, chose not to respond and to let people think it was your own pic: That is a violation of the forum rules.
So no, I think it's just that you were called out on it that now you are attempting to justify yourself, in what I think is a dispicable way. I don't at all feel guilty for calling you out nor do I buy the story about disfigurement...I think that's just you mocking people who are genuine here.

Last edited by Schnaiy; 08-17-2009 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: forgot to say I was talking about Jobert

Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,233,911 times
Quote:

HAH! I thought the pic was real too (never watched The Bachelor)! But I wasn't all bent out of shape about it, either. I mean, who cares, really? If I were preparing to date Jobert, I'd be pissed though.

I vote for continuing your wiseassary, Jobert!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,038,021 times
Quote:

You don't need to explain yourself at all Jobert...nothing worse than us getting persnikedy on here about minutia....for that matter, who knows who is bullsh*tting or telling the truth about ANYTHING on here? And I don't believe anyone is interested in REALLY meeting anyone on here anyway, and most people seem to want to be on here so they can hide behind handles and remain anonymous....this is the only post I've ever seen that got a few people to take masks off....

Personally, I thought the whole point of the web initially was to enable people to connect face-to-face more readily...I met many people in person on here in the 90's and connected far more then then now..used to trade records with people, share books, even travel and hang out with people for a few weeks in person...I hung out in Vegas for a week with a chick I met on here from San Diego, met and hung out with a great family from Alaska, hung out in the Bay area in cal with some folks, and on and on.....since the past 10 years or more, seems like people hide behind walls now, and don't do that anymore.....people just got more to themselves and started hiding behind walls like they do on CD.....I've sent messages to at least 7 people on here(Austin board), and got not a single reply...

What I'm saying is what diff that Jobert posts faux pics if no one here has any intention in actually meeting anyone on here anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin