Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 AM

2,522 posts, read 6,038,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnaiy View Post
Methinks Jobert that is a tongue-in-cheek response which is half-believable, as you rightly point out - it's going to be hard to take any of your posts seriously, so now at least, I, for one know, that most of your posts are b.s. and for entertainment only.
As far as bringing in AchtungPV the pic he posted definitely says alot about his personality and he owned it. You however, chose not to respond and to let people think it was your own pic: That is a violation of the forum rules.
So no, I think it's just that you were called out on it that now you are attempting to justify yourself, in what I think is a dispicable way. I don't at all feel guilty for calling you out nor do I buy the story about disfigurement...I think that's just you mocking people who are genuine here.
Sch, I thought you were all hang loose and liberal....what's up with all the "terms of service" corporate talk? Where the heck did the overstructured mentality take over? This should be a free-form, hang loose forum, very casual and relaxed and open-minded......we make our own terms here, and that included being relaxed and inviting, and not jumping on folks for perceived "violations"....we can't regress to 5th grade, keeping tabs on members who violate the "Spanky McFarlane and Alfalfa Boysclub" rulebook...we're adults here, remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM

205 posts, read 617,871 times
InTheCut... I'm sorry but Jobert definitely got under my skin and I usually as you point out, very open-minded I just don't like the deceptive way that Jobert posts. Just like in the real world, there can be people that just make your skin crawl, and I guess that's why you see such strong response from me. There is something about Jobert that makes my blood boil - and yes, he is probably smugly reading my post and basking in triumph.
Nope, like he states, I also am not going to change the way I am....and InTheCut, I do feel that if we regulars took the time to post our real pics, and others obviously put up funny ones, Jobert's just doesn't fall into any of those and I stand by my calling him out!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,021,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnaiy View Post
InTheCut... I'm sorry but Jobert definitely got under my skin and I usually as you point out, very open-minded I just don't like the deceptive way that Jobert posts. Just like in the real world, there can be people that just make your skin crawl, and I guess that's why you see such strong response from me. There is something about Jobert that makes my blood boil - and yes, he is probably smugly reading my post and basking in triumph.
Nope, like he states, I also am not going to change the way I am....and InTheCut, I do feel that if we regulars took the time to post our real pics, and others obviously put up funny ones, Jobert's just doesn't fall into any of those and I stand by my calling him out!
Not smugly reading anything here, just quizzically. The only violation of TOS I have performed is the use of copyright material - mea maxima culpa.

C'mon, am I worse than those who choose to not post their pics at all? Thousands, if not tens-of-thousands of people have seen your pic, and chosen not to comment on this forum probably. I'm not trying to insult the integrity of anyone here.

Perhaps it my choice to imposter a notorious rapscallion that has boiled your blood?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Perhaps it my choice to imposter a notorious rapscallion that has boiled your blood?
'Notorious rapscallion' would be a really awesome band name.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
'Notorious rapscallion' would be a really awesome band name.
Absolutely agree with that Wahine. Incidently, in New Zealand "wahine" is a woman, are you from New Zealand or is it Hawaiian, I know our languages share some words in common. Just curious, from one Polynesian to another.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
I'm Hawaiian.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 AM

Very cool Wahine, so is the meaning the same in your language?

Ka kite ano,
Poi haere (my Maori name)

Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,062,179 times
Really? I am mostly amused by Jobert's posts. I have been hanging around this site for the past year (I REALLY need to get a life!) and I have never found his/her post to be offensive. I guess it has to do with what we bring to the table (or keyboard). If something is ambiguous in that if taken one way it can be offensive or in another way as light hearted good natured ribbing, I always go for the latter. Life is just more fun that way. BTW, just to clarify what I mean by what we bring to the table is our world view.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Really? I am mostly amused by Jobert's posts. I have been hanging around this site for the past year (I REALLY need to get a life!) and I have never found his/her post to be offensive. I guess it has to do with what we bring to the table (or keyboard). If something is ambiguous in that if taken one way it can be offensive or in another way as light hearted good natured ribbing, I always go for the latter. Life is just more fun that way. BTW, just to clarify what I mean by what we bring to the table is our world view.
Very true Jenny. this thread has been going so long now, I'm having trouble recalling whether you ever posted a pic? Did you?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:45 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,021,687 times
Okay, in all seriousness... I removed the sidewhow Bob pic and posted one of me and some friends. I'm the guy on the far left in the yellow shirt.

Fair enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin