Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 12:16 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I feel your pain, I hope he won't be out for long.

As for our club, I've had it up to here with the way they run things over there. The way we play is exasperating - more stuffing around than an under-14's football match. I swear we should just field Subiaco or South Perth instead, lol. Freo's victory against Geelong didn't make me feel happier! But that's their way, Freo. Quick out of the blocks before they invariably tire out.
big game this weekend - never wanted to beat freo more than after that rd 22 game a few years back & "sirengate"

eagles will come good - seem to struggle on the away games, but still a young side.

Riewoldt well, if it is 8-10 weeks I am happy. if it is round 20 then .... season gone - I think we can cover him for games when we play those teams outside the 8, but ... not all games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
If Survivoman can do it, I can too. (he's also Canadian)

Have you done it?
Nooo not yet, I want to though. Survivoman? Is he like Bear Grylls?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Off the top of the head, he was a offy and a pom but his name escapes me.
from wikipedia -

Facing the wrist-spin of Eric Hollies, Bradman pushed forward to the second ball that he faced, was deceived by a googly, and bowled between bat and pad for a duck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 12:42 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
big game this weekend - never wanted to beat freo more than after that rd 22 game a few years back & "sirengate"

eagles will come good - seem to struggle on the away games, but still a young side.

Riewoldt well, if it is 8-10 weeks I am happy. if it is round 20 then .... season gone - I think we can cover him for games when we play those teams outside the 8, but ... not all games...

Nooo not yet, I want to though. Survivoman? Is he like Bear Grylls?!

from wikipedia -

Facing the wrist-spin of Eric Hollies, Bradman pushed forward to the second ball that he faced, was deceived by a googly, and bowled between bat and pad for a duck.
You're probably more hopeful than me!

What frustrates me is that we've always been strong in the back and midfield but we've never - perhaps with the exception of Sumich's peak years - been a high scoring side.

I'm with the Sainters again this year because they've had such rotten luck. They've been banging on the door of the premiership for what seems like more than a decade so I'd really like to see them come up. Not too keen on Geelong I have a feeling their loss to Freo won't be a one off...

Old 04-13-2010, 01:04 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You're probably more hopeful than me!

What frustrates me is that we've always been strong in the back and midfield but we've never - perhaps with the exception of Sumich's peak years - been a high scoring side.

I'm with the Sainters again this year because they've had such rotten luck. They've been banging on the door of the premiership for what seems like more than a decade so I'd really like to see them come up. Not too keen on Geelong I have a feeling their loss to Freo won't be a one off...
true. The big Q aint a great forward he does a reasonable job though

On the other side, we've always had the big forwards... and thats about it!

We really should have won last year - didn't take our chances.

i have a feeling that geelong might not be as dominant this year, well here's hoping.

P.s If this board was moderated, I am sure these would be deleted due to off topic !

Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 AM

790 posts, read 1,733,731 times
yuck @ AFL. Just yuck.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,863,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
yuck @ AFL. Just yuck.
Yes, NRL's the game.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalAussie View Post
Yes, NRL's the game.
Lol, don't get me started.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
I wonder how the Aborigines felt when the Brits started exporting their criminals to Australia

Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 AM

42 posts, read 59,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I wonder how the Aborigines felt when the Brits started exporting their criminals to Australia
Probably the same way we feel about so-called asylum seekers flooding here, along with other third worlders through 'immigration'.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:43 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfr88 View Post
Probably the same way we feel about so-called asylum seekers flooding here, along with other third worlders through 'immigration'.
Well, my point is that I find it ridiculous and hypocritical of white Australians to decide who may live on that continent when they themselves stole it. Similar to the situation in the States. At least the States have brought about Jazz, but I don't know of any cultural achievement from Australia In the end it is nothing but disguised racism, just ask the Aborigines...

Old 04-13-2010, 06:50 AM

42 posts, read 59,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, my point is that I find it ridiculous and hypocritical of white Australians to decide who may live on that continent when they themselves stole it. Similar to the situation in the States. At least the States have brought about Jazz, but I don't know of any cultural achievement from Australia
What did we steal? There was nothing here to begin with. White Australians built this country therefore we make the rules and no one else. Every country exists cause of war and conquest. That's just history. Jazz a cultural achievement? Don't get me started on racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand