Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfr88 View Post
Jazz is fine but its not the greatest thing out there. There is more to culture then just music. Would you say that Japan, China or Vietnam is boring cause they're just populated by Asians? If we're a "boring white country" then the coloured hordes of the world wouldn't be risking their lives to come here.
Japan and China are not boring, they have created their very distinct original cultures with religion, philosophy, music etc.
White Australia however is just another country of British character, Australians might as well be Canadians or US-Americans. The only difference is they drive the other way round I guess there is a reason why so many Australians, who get the chance, move to Britain or North America, it is more or less the same culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Why is that? White people are not native to Australia, it was originally the land of black people, just like sub-Saharan Africa. Hardly anywhere is it so easy to say who the original landowners were as in those two cases. Thus it is odd to hear white people, who just arrived a few hundred years ago, talking about shutting out immigrants, who supposedly destroy THEIR culture (still wondering what that would be), while the people who have lived there for 40,000+ years and are the only ones who have produced original Australian culture, can't decide the fate of their own continent.
you're making blanket racial remarks and calling other peoples intents racist. It's funny.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 PM

292 posts, read 725,928 times
I'm just going to tell you Aussie's who give a dam about your country that you guys are living in the equivalent of America in 1970 from a demographic perspective. With your relatively low population and lack of arable land I'm sure you all know it'll take probably 2 generations to completely transform what you currently have into a third world cesspit. Don't vote for the Labour party and you'll get less morons who want to be part of a 'global' society.

As far as Neuling goes, they obviously hate anything considered white--or god forbid WASPY--and has completely bought into Marxist nonsense. I'm sure if Neuling had their way, they'd personally kill everybody they define as a 'racist', which would of course be people they consider white. They're probably some 30 year old adult, jobless and living in mommy's basement. And what are you going to call me? A 'racist'? Such meaningless trite in this day and age!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:16 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleo99 View Post
I'm just going to tell you Aussie's who give a dam about your country that you guys are living in the equivalent of America in 1970 from a demographic perspective. With your relatively low population and lack of arable land I'm sure you all know it'll take probably 2 generations to completely transform what you currently have into a third world cesspit. Don't vote for the Labour party and you'll get less morons who want to be part of a 'global' society.

As far as Neuling goes, they obviously hate anything considered white--or god forbid WASPY--and has completely bought into Marxist nonsense. I'm sure if Neuling had their way, they'd personally kill everybody they define as a 'racist', which would of course be people they consider white. They're probably some 30 year old adult, jobless and living in mommy's basement. And what are you going to call me? A 'racist'? Such meaningless trite in this day and age!
I can assure you, it is difficult to migrate to this country.

A thirdworld cesspit in 2 generations . yeah. ok.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:26 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfr88 View Post
I read the book and its a load of crap. Its been debunked many times. The author believes its just to do with environment and completely dismisses IQ/genetic differences in people. People in Europe and North Eurasia evolved and had to survive in harsh geographic location(s) which is a big factor why they are more intelligent on average then other races. Explains why we have achieved more in 200 years then Aborigines have in their existence.

Its Liberals who like to twist and re-write history. The Aborigines numbered about 3/4 of a million when the English/Europeans arrived. Today there is half a million Aborigines. Their population may have diminished a bit but in no way was that genocide. That's a myth.
I'm not surprised you're revealing your White Supremacist agenda. No scientific test ever done has shown one race is more intelligent than another. Blacks or aborigines who receive the same education as whites are just as intelligent as them.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:54 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,025,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not surprised you're revealing your White Supremacist agenda. No scientific test ever done has shown one race is more intelligent than another. Blacks or aborigines who receive the same education as whites are just as intelligent as them.
Wasn't the last person that tried to propagate that BS died by suicide in some bunker in Berlin? The master race.. yup...

Old 04-13-2010, 11:07 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Wasn't the last person that tried to propagate that BS died by suicide in some bunker in Berlin? The master race.. yup...
No, there was a university professor who tried releasing a whole series of research journals claiming the IQ thing a few years ago. I'll see if I can find it.

*edit* back

Quote:
Anti racist groups said the broadcaster was giving legitimacy to discredited “pseudo science” which was “irresponsible”.
The first programme, Race: Science's Last Taboo, will see Rageh Omaar, a presenter on the arabic news channel Al-Jazeera, question scientists about Nobel Prize winning James Watson's claims that black people are less intelligent than other races.

In the documentary Psychology professor Richard Lynn from the University of Ulster will say there is a global "league table", using evidence from IQ tests, to claim that intelligence is linked to race, with north-east Asians in the top tier and Australian aborigines at the bottom. He says on the programme that African IQs “don’t rise up to the same level as Europeans”.
British born psychology professor J Philippe Rushton is also interviewed on the programme.
He claims the differences between black and white and East Asian brains is due to general intelligence.
He believes that while women have smaller brain sizes as men, they are just as intelligent as men, but that black people have smaller brain sizes than white people but are not as intelligent as white people.
rest of the article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...el-4-show.html

Old 04-14-2010, 12:26 AM

42 posts, read 59,470 times
Quote:
Why is that? White people are not native to Australia, it was originally the land of black people, just like sub-Saharan Africa. Hardly anywhere is it so easy to say who the original landowners were as in those two cases. Thus it is odd to hear white people, who just arrived a few hundred years ago, talking about shutting out immigrants, who supposedly destroy THEIR culture (still wondering what that would be), while the people who have lived there for 40,000+ years and are the only ones who have produced original Australian culture, can't decide the fate of their own continent.
Oh really? What is this original Australian culture you speak of? Australia is still a white country whether you like it or not, its up to us who comes here. This is how every country works. All nations or tribes have been conquered through out history whether it was 1000 years ago or only a few hundred ago. If you're gonna play this game then you should apply it to Japan, China, Iran, Israel, etc. and tell them that their cultures dont matter. See how far you get.

Quote:
Japan and China are not boring, they have created their very distinct original cultures with religion, philosophy, music etc.
White Australia however is just another country of British character, Australians might as well be Canadians or US-Americans. The only difference is they drive the other way round I guess there is a reason why so many Australians, who get the chance, move to Britain or North America, it is more or less the same culture.
Japan's culture has heavy influences from the Chinese and same goes with the Koreans. There are a lot of similarities between them. You know Koreans may as well be Japanese and vica versa by your logic. Australia was once heavily influenced by the British but our countries are not the same character today.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 AM

42 posts, read 59,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
White Supremacist agenda? I'm pointing out what science has said all along. Something that was once even common sense. No amount of political correctness can hide the facts. Black Africans were never under the same genetic pressures as the people in Eurasia were. IQ test, psychometric testing and various other tests done over 100 years have shown that different races have developed different levels of intelligence. Its no surprise to me that Western and North Asian societies are the most advanced. Genetics and culture go hand-in-hand. You really believe that Japanese culture would continue on if Japan's population were to be replaced by blacks and Australian Aborigines? C'mon lets not kid ourselves. If you can show evidence of blacks and Aborigines being equally intelligent then I would like to see it.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:52 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,732,816 times
Quote:
Many Australians who live and work overseas go to Britain or North America purely out of convenience, ie as it another English speaking country-ie don't have to learn a new language - and to experience a different culture as well as travel.
I never did it, but know plenty who have.
Australia has digressed enough away from British culture to be considered a poor cousin to it.
I for one like multiculturism, and am a republican not a monarchist, Irish Catholic (3rd generation - had relatives in the clergy), and don't have any affinity with Britain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand